Heavy Haul Brightness

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wargame99, Apr 16, 2019.

1. wargame99

wargame99 New Member

The Heavy Haul Sand Patch is so bright like the Gama is at max settings. It is the same in the cab and on a cloudy day. Everything on the outside is almost snowy white there is so much light. Way to bright to the point of almost not wanting to use play the route. Not a problem elsewhere in the game.

I thought it was just my problem, a streamer also has this issue the other day that I was watching, Not sure this is a technical issue - may be the way it is supposed to be?

Invidea graphics.

Is there a way to tone this down? Can't find a Gama adjustment or something that looks like one.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

I've recently started getting back into sand patch grade and the route does seem very bright all the time compared to the newer routes. I feel the same about the Rapid Transit DLC sometimes too. But I found this which might be of help to you. Seems this is a problem recognised by others. Hopefully this helps you. I've qouted a user called psychlik who suggested it on another post.. The file to edit is in \Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini. Please backup your save file if you want to try this. Honestly, the chances of something going wrong by doing this are extremely low in my experience but better to be safe than sorry.

This post might also help you. It explains the engine.ini file https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/a-guide-to-engine-ini-settings.4672/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well because I’ve been quoted here, I should mention that I’ve found a far more effective way to reduce the brightness of the game via engine.ini.

The command r.color.mid effectively controls the brightness of the game. 0.5 is the default value for “middle color” and decreasing this number makes everything darker, on average.

I found that just a slight reduction down to r.color.mid=0.4 worked well for my monitor, and made CSX Heavy Haul not look like a nuclear bomb went off in the immediate vicinity.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

5. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

It seems this issue will be fixed when the update for the CSX physics releases. In a livestream Matt said that the time of day code from new routes had been applied to CSX and it gets rid of the problem with the route being very bright.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I heard. Good news I think ad we also get light in the Sandpatch tunnel ... which is good for inspections on foot

7. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Nice to hear Sandpatch is finally getting some attention, looking forward to the update.