Station Information.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rob39, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

How about the next station showing up in the HUD even if not scheduled for a stop.
    Ie.
    STP. Heikenbrukken 9.2km
    PASS Laufach 1.6km
    So that we could learn routes easier.
    Or another example
    STP Acton Sdg 7 19m
    Pass Twyford 1m

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

This would be nice. Also maybe the platform at the station instead of just the station name. Station information on the map would also be nice. The map shows where stations are but doesn't tell you the name of the station.

• Like Like x 2
  3. UnartiC

UnartiC New Member

*coughs* EBuLa *coughs*

Well at least for the german locos. I don't know about the english but i'm sure they have something similar?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

MSB dosent have a working timetable atm. I would settle for that Ebula screen showing the departure time and the stations along the way. Without actually interacting with the trains progress. Would you?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you're not stopping at a station the knowing where it is isn't going to help you all that much. Obviously in real life you would have to know where everything was anyway so a HST driver on the GWR mainline would maybe need to know where Hayes & Harlington station was even if they never had to stop there

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Would help with route knowledge for speed limits or for driving a 166. Would even help with reporting bugs.

7. ARuscoe

Speed limits should show up on the HUD anyway
    Route knowledge would mean knowing where everything is WITHOUT the HUD, so when learning the route use an "all stopper" so it shows everything (or just sit in map mode and make your notes)
    Usually when reporting bugs I would go into free roam camera, pause and look around for markers. Don't rely on the HUD as can give much better info than it provides.

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I only use next station and next speed limit for NTP. GWE is pretty easy and the German routes force you to notice limits with PZB. The next station passing or stopping would help learning. Even the real drivers, knowing their route. Have their lists of junctions and stops. Plus if you had a train for example, bugged out. The top corner would be saying exactly where you were.

9. ARuscoe

Or just use the fore and behind distance marker, signal number etc... the railway has so many options for location knowledge

• Like Like x 1