PlayStation Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Apr 29, 2019.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

With all the dlc I have bought, this is now a very expensive item of software and as a pensioner (67) , before I buy any more, I would like to know if this is going to be a long term project with long term updates. I hope this is so and TSW 2 is not on the horizon.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I share your concern Richard. PS5 is out in 12 months or so. I hope they can find a way of transitioning to new hardware without us chucking away our old PS4 discs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Sony has already announced that the PS5 will be fully backwards compatible so all PS4 games and content should continue to work on the PS5.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

I'm also concerned about this. Having spent hundreds of NZ dollars on all DLC (happily, for the most part), it's concerning having such expensive software tied to a damn Sony account.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know you cant say, but with the intention of continuing to support and expand on tsw original. Ie current routes- enhanced, new routes as dlc added via tsw ps4 disc?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim-Daniel

We've already released details of how we plan to support the game in the future. If your unsure it's best to look at Train Simulator and see how that's been supported since it's original release in 2009.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Sorry to pester. So in a year-18 months I could fire up a ps5, drive gwe/ntp or whatever, to an increased specification. As moving from a low to high end PC would. Or would these routes be classed as playable, maybe smoother, but not to a higher setting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim-Daniel

Hi Rob,
    Sadly as only Sony could answer such a question all I can confirm is that the game will continue to work on your current PS4. As with any PS4 game you are limited by Sony and their future decisions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Panther039

Panther039 New Member

Well, there will probably be a lot of players who won't even buy a PS5 at least until the hype is over and the price comes down. I still have and play on my PS3 often.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

PS5 will be fully backwards compatible for all games (pretty much confirmed) it will not be like the transition from PS3 to PS4. This is because of the advancements in downloaded content and the fact that many games have content that people would not want to purchase again etc. Also a lot of games are continually developed now such as TSW, RS6, City Skylines etc. As a business decision sony would be stupid not to add backwards compatibility as alot of people such as myself would not buy it due to the money i have invested in PS4 games. So things to take away:

Dont worry about PS5 compatability etc

TSW will be continually supported for the forseeable future as thats how the economic model of the game works not like COD which release a new one year after year

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Vendathiel

Vendathiel New Member

This are good news and I can wait for the second production series of the PS5 without a hurry, the first series is faulty since PS1.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

A good mid-range PC that can run TSW on ultra graphics settings can be bought for around £600... Even my 6 year-old, obsolete AMD can manage it.

If you choose to buy TSW on console, knowing that the life cycle of consoles is only around 5 years, you can't really blame DTG or anyone else but yourself if the game is not compatible with PS5.

If you want to future proof your investment, the only way is to sell your console and buy a PC.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

And FPS will be better in PS4 version, playing in PS5?!

• Like Like x 1
  14. TrainSim-Daniel

It will depend on how Sony configures the PS5 to play PS4 titles so only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2