Introducing Community Challenges (beta)!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 29, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

CCB_Header.jpg
    It’s time to pull together and see what you can do in Train Sim World as a community, launching today is our Community Challenges (Beta)

Every month, we will be setting a target for you to collectively take part in, and if the set goal is reached or exceeded, we will release a reward for everyone to download. The first challenge is…

Drive 4,000,000 Miles (6,437,376 km) between now and 26th April, enough to circle the Earth 80 times!

What will be the first reward?

For our first community challenge, the reward will be an exclusive wallpaper pack, featuring 3 brand new pieces of Train Sim World artwork; the BR Class 166 from Great Western Express, the DB BR 143 from Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and the CSX GP38-2 from NEC New York.

How can I download the rewards?

If the target set by us is reached, the reward can be downloaded from the Dovetail Live website; just select X tab and you will be able to see all the rewards that have been unlocked. The rewards will be available to anyone with a Dovetail Live account, and will always be available to download.

How can I participate?

All you have to do is drive in Train Sim World on any platform, on any route, and in any locomotive, while signed into Dovetail Live, and your miles driven will be recorded and added to the community total.

How can I see our progress?

A Challenge Tracker will be present on the Dovetail Live website that will regularly update as you and the rest of the community drive. There will also be occasional progress update posts on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I hope all routes will be eventually included into these challenges as you’ll end up neglecting those who’ve not bought DLC if not.

3. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

All routes are included... Drive any loco on any route. It says under the "How Can I Participate" section of the first post.

• Like Like x 1
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah I see, for some reason I assumed the first community challenge was associated with the route on the picture.

5. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

If you had read the first post,then you know the answer.

The first post says:

All you have to do is drive in Train Sim World on any platform, on any route, and in any locomotive, while signed into Dovetail Live, and your miles driven will be recorded and added to the community total.

6. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

is the reward fixing them bugged trophies? haha bunch of morons! $$$$$$

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

Its funny that they speak privately about what bad words we say but if we report a bug olalala we dont hear them. Says enough doesnt it :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Beta Community Challenge for a Beta Game

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Why wallpapers? Why not a Loco

10. BdB1982

BdB1982 New Member

this looks like discrimination. Someone with a full time job has less time to play the game than someone without a job and does nothing else in his life than gaming. While I might like the game as much. Unfortunately....

you have to pay 29 euros for each train. This game costs more than 200 euros complete with all trains. The most expensive game in this way while the game looks graphically ugly.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

This is in no way anywhere near discrimination. It's a community challenge, encouraging all of us to work together, for a common goal.

There is no punishment for not participating. Just driving virtual trains, when you can, for whatever length of time you see fit, it all helps towards the goal.

You don't need any DLC to participate, just the base game, a dovetail live account (which is free) and an Internet connection, you have at least 2 of those judging by your post.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

i understand what u want to say :) shall we talk talk about the bugs which we reported almost a year ago which are stillnot fixed. ass long as they can get moneyfrom us, they wont fix it :) we should stop buying but thats already to late :)

anyway i'mdone buying though :) if I cant get my last trophy for platinum then i am not convinced of buying more dlc's :) farming simulators are even way better no bugs at all and they never had to update a thing lol...

• Like Like x 3
  13. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Hold on, let me check my calender..... nope, April 1st is tomorrow. Given the track record so far, and it's not good, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wallpaper turns out to be buggy.

Maybe I was wrong, Bethesda aren't the most infuriating developers. Sure, their games are released in a messy state, but at least they do eventually acknowledge the bugs and fix them. And it wouldn't be so bad if there was even a sliver of communication with the community.

Xilixir, the Farming Simulator games from Giant Software (I know there are a number of developers that have had a go), are great fun. People take the proverbial, but they are addictive. I played 2 of them on the PS3, and never had an issue with any bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LeShark75

LeShark75 Member

Loving the Community Challenge, I really enjoy this kind of stuff in Elite too. Its been fun tracking progress throughout my live stream this afternoon with updates from participators in chat.

Looking forward to more of this from DTG, good effort guys.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hopefully wevcan be rewarded with reskins.

16. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

WOW way cool! I'm totally into this now! I'm currently seeing ~550,000 miles. Are those community miles, or my personal miles? I like the idea of the community joining together to accomplish this goal. I'm in!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

Ah, I see,

"A Challenge Tracker will be present on the Dovetail Live website that will regularly update as you and the rest of the community drive."

So, I'm seeing community miles. We have SO got this! Come on Team TSW, Let's roll!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

How can I register myself at dtg live on my PlayStation4? Am I registered automatically, when I buy the game?
    Where can I get the reward on ps4 then?
    Thank you

19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You need to register. Use your dtg forum credentials. Enable dovetail live option should show at bottom of menu screen

20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This is a cool idea, but wallpaper? That's not very enticing. TS Rewards stuff like redskins would be better... First Great Western reskins, for example.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Any news on the next challenge?

22. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

23. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

24. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Wow!!! So exclusive rewards!!!

25. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Atleast the next one cant be a wallpaper or profile pack ;) Hopefully this is just buying time whilst they figure out the really good stuff.
    Something like this perhaps (below). This livery was first trialed on a 56 in 78/79. 47s carried this livery in various guises throughout the 80s into the early 90s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  26. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

Every game / software program is going to have bugs including farming simulator. You claim they have 0 bugs and has never had to update, they have in fact released patches since the first release that did fix bugs.
    Yes, we all would love to see some older bugs in TSW fixed, but some of those bugs do in fact take a long time and quite frankly may not be worth fixing. They have fixed quite a few bugs since the first release of Sand Patch, Rapid Transit is a great example of bug fixing.