PlayStation Things You Wish You Had Known Earlier...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Apr 30, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I was watching one of Matts streams the other night and he went into the external free roam view and was able to fly to the back of the train and uncouple the wagons in the same view!! I wish I had know this earlier. I had always got out the cab, walked to where the uncouple was needed, then trekked back to the cab. Arrrrgh!

Anybody else learnt anything that they'd wished they'd known earlier? You never know, any tips may benefit us all.

2. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

How do you uncouple the cars with the same view? I always get out and walk myself. Free roam camera is the triangle or square after you go to external view.

3. TinTin_57

Yes, go to external view, Free Camera, use triangle to go to camera mode. Then fly along to where you want to uncouple, hover over the couplings and you will get the X prompt, even though you are in camera mode still

Like you I probably walked miles manually uncoupling ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It took me a good four months to notice I could change the livery of the Class 66...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Tip for the 182 on rapid transit. As soon as you stop open the doors.
    Put the loco brake on, release the train brake. That way the loco can start powering up as soon as the doors are closed. Without waiting for the train brake to release. Can do it with locos in general, but it saves valuable time on RT.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Thanks for your help...

7. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

If you press square you can cycle through the different brakes, saves a lot of frustration.

8. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

After almost one year, I just learned a few days ago: If you are in the external cams and you press L3 (on PS4), the cam moves very fast. And the uncoupling thing, I saw it in Matt´s stream as well. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

if i knew about all these bugged trophies, then yeah i wouldn't have bought the game :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I figured that out as soon as the NEC DLC was released lol

11. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Well I wish I had known about coupling and uncoupling in free camera mode! I didn't untill you said it

It took two days of playing to discover square was change brake selection, saved playing with milmulti levers when learning a loco.

12. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

What about this...

No matter what camera you're in, you can hold the right stick, and click A (or the equivalent Ps4 button, I don't have a controller here to check it!) twice to always get back to the cab driving seat.

Still find people who don't know if you press L while walking you get a torch... Right d-pad for controller users.

While flying in external camera you can operate pretty much anything on the route such as exterior controls on the loco / wagons, junctions, couplings etc. Just realised you left a door open on a loco at the rear? easy :)

Matt

• Like Like x 4
  13. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

I’m struggling to do your first tip Matt. What do you mean by hold the right stick?

14. TinTin_57

Yeah the torch is a good one. Back last August when I was looking for collectibles in the NEC tunnels I didn’t know about it and it took me ages stumbling about running against walls

15. TinTin_57

I just tried this. Press right stick in to bring up the camera menu choices, then just click X twice. Takes you back to the cab. This one is very useful thanks TrainSim-Matt

• Like Like x 1
  16. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

Thanks Tintin

• Like Like x 1