PC Rsn Route Missing Speed Sign?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tbaac, May 4, 2019.

1. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

So, I was trying to drive from Finnetrop to Hagen and make a note of where the signals and speed signs are, driving a little more slowly than normal and enjoying some of the detail that might not be seen at line speed (15:10 service but in the 155).
    Mostly everything seemed sensible, but about the 8.4 km post near Hagen there was a combined main and distant signal and the limit dropped to 40 km/h at that point from 120. This was shown on the HUD/speed limit change markers, but I couldn't see any signs for it.
    I had SIFA and PZB off as I was trying to concentrate on the route during that drive, could the signal aspect have triggered a drop to 40 km/h or did I miss a sign?
    (and it was 40, not 45).
    Thanks.

2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

AFAIK (and that's not so far :D), the signals absolutely can drop you down to 40kph. Did the signal show green or was there some combination involving green and yellow?

3. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. It may have had a combination of green and yellow, not sure. I don't remember a number showing on the signal but I maybe it had a white 4 on it as well.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The HUD does not show signal speeds. It was track speed.

5. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

The HUD shows the speed limit as a red line on the speedo I think. But I meant the hovering markers for next speed limit that appear floating in the air.
    Ctrl + 2: Toggles next speed limit marker and Ctrl + 3: Toggles next signal marker
    I was using both with the aim of learning the route similar to if in RL I was sitting next to a knowledgeable driver giving me the same information.
    There was a marker for 40 km/h and I coudn't see any sign giving that information. But, it might have been on an electronic number on the signal post that I didn't notice.
    Thanks.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Nothing on the HUD or markers show signal speeds.

7. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the reply Anthony. I'm not quite sure what you mean by signal speeds? I don't think PZB-based speed reductions are shown on the HUD speed-limit marker but on this drive I wasn't using PZB. Are you saying that if a signal specified a lower speed using a speed display then this wouldn't be reflected on the speed limit shown on the HUD as you drove past it, or on the floating next-speed-limit markers? Thanks.

8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Green and yellow together is 40kph unless the number shown on the signal shows a different speed AIUI although I would have expected some advance warning of the speed change.

9. Anthony Pecoraro

Correct. The HUD/markers only show track speed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1