The Only One Problem With Running M3's/m3a's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alexpascal0707, May 9, 2019.

1. alexpascal0707

alexpascal0707 New Member

As a Famous Train Buff on the Metro North, I would love to see the M3's/M3A's in TSW.
    But there is one problem, and that is running them. The throttle isn't just like an M7, in which you just move it. It also has a deadman/Spring feature, which when you let go of the throttle it will lift up with the support of a spring. Unless Dovetail wants to switch game controls, Its the only downside of running with M3A's/M3's.
    Everything else about them is great, and overall would love and beg Dovetail to add them to TSW.
    But I would love them on the MNRR Harlem Line in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vaffelen

Vaffelen Well-Known Member

A M3 dlc for the LIRR would be great.

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

The M3 Locomotive would be awesome to.

4. mrchuck

The metro north Harlem Line is coming to TSW?

5. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I hope the next US dlc isn't set in New York. I'm on xb1 and both US routes are New York based. Maybe something in the southern states or maybe west coast

6. Vaffelen

No. Or we don't know.
    Another New York route would probably annoy a lot of people, but making routes that share the same stock would allow for greater variety as we've seen on the german routes in recent months. If for example DTG made the Harlem Line for TSW along with a M3A, they could make a M3 variant of it for the LIRR, and a M7A variant of the M7 that we already have on the LIRR, thus allowing for shared stock in some way or form. A new CSX route would maybe be a more logical choice as it would allow consoles to get more US variety, while at the same time possible allowing for stock substitution on PC. In the end route variety is important, so it wouldn't surprise me if the next US route isn't in New York, but I would expect a loco dlc for the LIRR before that. I sure hope so myself. Of course everything I brought forward is just speculation and ideas, so we just have to wait and see what DTG serves us.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Yeah a dlc would be nice for long island. The br52 really helped freshen rapid transit up a little

8. mrchuck

I would love to see a Locomotive Dlc for Long Island on TSW someday soon.

9. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a problem, just act as though the switch is pressed whenever you're sitting in the driver's seat or when you move the throttle while standing up and you get more or less the same effect.

How much more variety would it truly add though? Metro-North runs with the same MU's as IRR, and there are only 2 varieties, so there's not really much room for DLC that works across both routes with the exception of an M3, which at that point may as well just be for the LIRR.

I thnk an M3 would be a good idea, but I think they should explore other parts of the US before making more routes in the area. Same with a Port Jefferson extension, even though that would work pretty well.

10. Vaffelen

Two locos would of course not bring a lot more of variety, although it brought the RT route to life. The Harlem Line might not have been the more realistic example I could've used, whereas an extention to LIRR with a diesel loco is more realistic than the former, and would bring more variety to the LIRR, although I can't see DTG extending a route so soon. I agree that DTG should explore other parts of the US before returing to New York, although I hope we'll get a loco DLC for either NEC or LIRR before that.