Does The Class 101 Clutch System Make It A Pain?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, May 7, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Most of the locos in the game control just fine but the class 101 clutch system is clearly far to unrulely for rail operations(For a sim),just to much of a pain.Why not use a more normal control system for this type of passenger mover?For Ntp it feel cheapened by it's 3rd train that useless with it hard to use control set up.I like the class 101 look very much but it's unfriendly controls ruins it.Maybe this is why the pacer is wanted so badly,much more likely better control systems.

• Like Like x 1
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They have modelled it as it was in real life. It is a typical local passenger train which was used all over the UK (on non-electrified) routes at that time. Would you rather they made it simpler and unrealistic? Part of the appeal of the class 101 is that it is different to operate. It is a simulator after all.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

I love the challenge of the 101 on a great route personally, yes it takes time to get used to but it is so much more satisfying when you can drive it

• Like Like x 4
  4. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Just think about the poor drivers having to do it in real life for a whole shift!

5. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

This post made me laugh out loud... You do realise that the Class 142 / 143 "Pacer" is just a pair of Leyland National busses stuck together and put on rails, don't you?

[​IMG]

If you ever rode on one, or saw how badly constructed they were, you wouldn't take a second ride... Most of the early class 141's were sold to Iran Railways, because they love death traps.

I would choose the Class 101 every time.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Easy enough to get hang of, if you've driven a car before.

7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I think the Iranians abandoned them much quicker than we have.

• Like Like x 2