PC Thoughts On The Tees Valley Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NorthRail1, May 11, 2019.

?
  1. Great!

47 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Good

33 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Indifferent

14 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Would have preferred a different historic UK route

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Would have preferred a modern UK route

38 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Fantastic, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Seems its impossible to have any thoughts on UK content of todays era for TSW. Good luck to those with a dislike of anything of todays technology; for some of us, modern operations wouldn't go amiss and enjoyment of past traction is great but as with life, everything has a place; but again, any suggestion of the sort gets put down by the know it alls here; I may sound wrong in what i've said fair enough but to be fair no one here as any bearing on someone's wish, but again I am not surprised in the slightest tbf, as a UK resident I find sometimes peoples mentality here is very stuck in one realm compared to fellow gamers of other areas (no offence to those who UK lot who like variation) I find it's the same names who like to push their weight around, and most of them are in this thread. Yes ex_railwayman we do currently use both TS1 and TSW, so thank you for pointing out the obvious, and yeah I would like to see todays operations in TSW graphical excellence *rolls eyes at the state of minds here*

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

4. Big Papi34

Looks like you're wrong since the past few dlc have been leaked before announced.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theorganist

A slightly hyperbolic statement.

I don't think anyone put down suggestions it is just that for those who prefer backdated routes, we are in the rare position (not seen since MSTS days) when we have had two routes in a row set in the 80's. I want to see routes of all periods and would welcome the next route being modern but it is great to see something you cannot experience anymore and a time many of us remember represented in the sim. I am hoping in a couple of years the sim will cover everything from steam period up to the latest technology.

As for "mentality stuck in one realm" you could say the same about those wanting modern routes and moaning about these latest releases.

The first UK route was set in modern times and if you were being pedantic you could include the WSR as a modern route! I would not be surprised in the next two or three British routes are all modern period and outnumbering the "heritage" routes.

• Like Like x 6
  6. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Nothing stopping anybody from having thoughts on UK content of todays era for TSW, depends if DTG are going to build it, which nobody will know about unless you work for them and know their programme of route construction for the next 10 years, 'cos that's a rough guess as to how many more years are in this project, unless XBox and Playstation disband their console gaming for something else and then DTG will have to review their strategy.

And not having a crystal ball handy I don't know who on this TSW forum also plays on TS19, I can't seem to find you name over on the other forum LT586, you must be new, have you been around since Kuju days of 2007, or, even MSTS days of 2004????

7. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

To be fair, apart from maybe people asking for steam locos the part of the community which wants modern routes is usually the more vocal one (which isn't surprising considering that quite a lot of them are teenagers). If you compare the content available for TS20XX to model trains or MSTS it also leans massively towards modern stuff. In the German forums you even often hear that it's not worth creating older locos because they won't sell well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mv75

mv75 Member

hello let's hope there are mokte Activity to play, and new routes to go, but the line is electrified or diesel?

9. theorganist

It's diesel operated.

10. theorganist

Quite, I can only think of a handful of BR period commercial routes for TS1

Original Newcastle to York
    West Highland Extension
    West Highland South
    Woodhead Blue
    Creative Rail eastcoast routes, I think both were set in BR days
    WCML over Shap was supposed to be era neutral I think
    Liverpool to Manchester was modern but with BR sector liveried stock

So really three of these are quite niche (ish), two cover parts of the same line and two were some kind of hybrid compromise.

Steam period routes have fared quite well in TS1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mv75

mv75 Member

In
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Possibly so, according to others, however, this is supposed to be the official TSW forum isn't it, don't know why we have to go hunting around the internet trying to find information. I've never heard of this Discord thingy, do we need to have the secret handshake to join, what's the matter with things being printed on here, we've been saying for the last 10 years that DTG's communication has been virtually non-existant, now they seem to have employed staff to take on the role of Customer Services, but, we aren't getting any service, only others seem to be priviledged with information on other internet forums, and at the end of the day this is just a hobby, I'm always interested in learning official updates and announcements, but, other people seem to want to spoil it for the rest of us by finding out stuff beforehand and then telling everybody else about it, are you expecting a medal, or, a pat on the back, it's just bloody childish......

• Like Like x 2
  13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Apparently DTG are having some problems getting the licenses for UK modern routes from the TOCs (in this case Northern). This would explain why we aren't getting any modern British stuff and more specifically for this route, no pacer or sprinter.

14. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but this route could still have a BR regional railways pacer (definitely ok) and currently the Pacers are in an unbranded livery in real life, so they might be able to get away with that. Not sure, though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Big Papi34

I honestly kinda like the spoilers. Gets rid of my thrive to know the next route. Though everything you said is true. It's flat out rude to spoiler something someone wants to witness themselves or officially.

16. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly ex_railwayman, but I got shouted down as being ridiculous etc. The "ooh look what I've found, look what I've found everyone..." gang are annoying. But apparently, you shouldn't read the threads if you don't want the spoilers...

17. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

I'm mod on that unofficial Train Simulator discord channel and the latest leaks do not really (or only partially I guess) originate from there. They were found by someone on the German forums in the game files and some Germans on the discord server just dug a little deeper. Also the link to it is pinned in the Steam forums.

18. 37114

37114 Active Member

A blue 47 wouldn’t of looked out of place in Teeside in 1989 either.

• Like Like x 1
  19. raildan

Wouldn't it need a headlight though?

20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

It would. Use the WSR one?

21. mv75

mv75 Member

besides this route there are others under construction?

22. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

That's not public information.

23. mv75

mv75 Member

it's a simple question

24. raildan

Yeah, and I'm sure the answer is "yes, they are making more routes," but DTG never tells what the routes are until close to release.

25. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Wow.

The answer is simple too. We don’t know until DGT announce the new routes or they’re leaked.

• Like Like x 2
  26. mv75

mv75 Member

Thank you

27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can be sure that there ARE routes and locos under construction, but when, what, how much and how they will work is a mystery. Possibly even to them

• Like Like x 1
  28. mv75

mv75 Member

surely it will go ahead with new dlc routes

29. mv75

mv75 Member

The route Is online steam,pre ordin

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  30. Big Papi34

I've changed my mind. I think I'll buy it. It looks interesting enough with potential.

• Like Like x 3