PC Gwe Departure Board Website

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dan23452767645, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dan23452767645

Dan23452767645 New Member

Hello,

I hope everyone is well. This is my first post on the forums, so here goes. I have made a website which will once it is fully complete, allow you to find the departure boards for a specified time at any of the stations on GWE.

As a proof of concept I have only done a full day at West Drayton, but if it is popular, then I am happy to add more stations.

You can find it here: http://www.danielgill.net/gwedepartures/

Proposed and future additions:
    • Add a clock which will count up with the clock in-game and change the boards once a train departs. The only way to update the boards at present is to press the back button and resubmit the form.
    • Update destinations so that they show final destinations instead of Reading and find relevant calling points.
    • Add more realistic features to the boards by adding scrolling text with the operator name and other information.
    • Adding some other type of boards with ore services on them, like a station would have.
    Please give it a go and let me know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel Gill

• Like Like x 8
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your good work. Not sure if I will use this. Can you add track numbers, a least for the larger stations.

3. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I
    I gave it a try but the page returned a blank screen. I entered 17:00 as the time but it returned a blank screen.
    It is a nice idea.

4. Dan23452767645

Dan23452767645 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see how I can get that done.

You seem to have come across a bug there, I'll have a look to see what's causing the problem when I get a chance.

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

This is pretty cool! Nice idea, and this can be quite helpful!

6. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Small reminder that GWE has been out for almost 2 years and we still cant see timetables ingame :P

Great work:)