Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

There's 4 unreleased dlc on steamDB so they are probably:
    • The BR Class 52 & DB BR 155 (Probably both released this thursday as they were hinted at both being released in April)
    • The next USA route (probably announced the following week on Monday or Tuesday unless there are hints, in which case it might be further on in the week, maybe thursday or friday)
    • The Northern Trans-Pennine freight pack probably containing a Class 40 and a Class 08 along with an 8 tonne van and an oil wagon (these were leaked from the game files on discord a couple of days ago). Probably announced sometime between the announcement of the US route and release.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

First hint for the MSB was released on Monday, so the first hint for the next US route should be released on Monday as well. Assuming that there will be three hints, the route will be announced on Thursday so that we can propery absorb the third hint. In case we figure out what the route is before the last hint, it might be announced on Wednsday

• Like Like x 1
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Ooh... please do tell more. Us discord-less folk haven't heard of this yet.

• Like Like x 3
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I would like to know that too as I am very much looking forward to this freight pack, if it contains a shunter and mainline diesel that would be great. Would be great too if the 40 was available on passenger turns too as they did work passengers on occasions on that line at the time, I have recording on an old Audicord cassette of a 40 leaving Leeds on a Manchester service in 1983.

• Like Like x 2
  5. raildan

Would be pretty nice to see the first loco pack with multiple new locos. It's not as unlikely as it may sound- they will probably reuse a lot from the class 09 from WSR, kind of like the class 47 already in NTP- reusing the base model, but changing and adding details, physics, and sounds to bring it to the higher quality of the other locos. Just this time they would also be changing the physics to match a class 08 instead of 09, and the exterior details wouldn't be removing the headcode panel but the adding the slight differences between the class 08 and 09.

I kinda expected them to go with the class 40, it was the loco that was most unique to that area by 1983 as far as I could tell (was not alive in 1983 and have never been to the UK). Now that we know they're willing to do multiple DLC for a single route (as we've seen with WSR), I could see them doing a second freight DLC with the class 56 and merry-go-round hoppers, but probably waaaay later.

If it's close enough for leaks like this I wouldn't be surprised if this was going to be announced soon after the next US route, and releasing before the next UK route.

6. NorthRail1

image0.jpg
    The new list from discord. The gaps were items that have already been announced.
    The scenario packs were confirmed as for testing.

• Like Like x 5
  7. raildan

Oh WOW- note "DarlingtonSaltBurn" also, sounds like the next UK route! AyrtonS8 you might be interested in this one...

Also, Rostock is still there... and so is the EWS class 08.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. theorganist

I wonder if that will include the Darlington to Bishop Auckland branch as well as the Tees valley line. I assume we will get a pacer with that unless they supply a 156.

• Like Like x 1
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Dmitri has indicated that both the 52 and 155 will be available in April

• Like Like x 3
  10. raildan

We could get both. I know DTG is known for doing thee "bare minimum" on rolling stock in routes (only doing the locs they HAVE to ffor the route, which would be just a pacer and a reused 66), but since they're British themselves, they do seem to go a bit further on UK routes, as we can see in NTP, which totally doesn't "need" the class 45, but they put it in anyway.

So yeah, I'd expect a 142, 156, and 66 with this.

(So much for the modern electric UK route guys... they'll just have to keep waiting).

• Like Like x 2
  11. theorganist

Well going to Bishop Auckland would still keep the route within TSW "limits". Personally I would prefer that and settle for one DMU but it's not my choice lol! Things are looking quite exciting for the future, just need a steam period route and I will be very happy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. raildan

Well, NTP was pretty long too by TSW standards, at over 43 miles. So it's entirely possible that this route could have both DMU's AND the branch to Bishop Auckland. But like you said, it's not our choice... what DTG is really planning only they know.

Also interesting, in kind of a bad way, is that the EWS Class 08 and its 2 related wagons are still on the list. Bit of speclution, the class 08 is being included in the NTP pack BECAUSE they made the EWS version and decided it probably wouldn't sell well. However, the EWS version might release anyway, acting kind of like a marketplace addon, adding one new livery, two wagons, and presumably scenarios / services, but no new locos.

We definitely know the EWS was far enough in development for the MFA wagons to be pretty much complete, because the guy they hired to model them has it as an example on his portfolio: https://christopherlinington.com/projects/7121304 (someone else noticed this a few pages back, credit them).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

37ddbced400681bbea0efe315ac29ec9d86864bb.jpg (yeah pic from re-made mini series, was still pretty good)

Class 40 count me in :love:

• Like Like x 1
  14. raildan

Hang on... where'd the BR 294 go? Wasn't it on that file not too long ago?

15. NorthRail1

The DB BR 294 is further up the list than what is shown on the image.

• Like Like x 1
  16. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I doubt the 156 would be made and included with a potential Darlington to Saltburn route. It just doesn’t run on the line enough to warrant it in my opinion. Unless maybe they have plans to use a 156 on potential future British route already in the pipeline. I see it more likely that it could be like LIRR where they include more track to drive on, like maybe the Bishop Auckland branch, and only include one new rolling stock

• Like Like x 1
  17. NorthRail1

Whilst the route length for the Darlington to Saltburn route does seem low, it does take around an hour to get from Darlington to Saltburn which is similar to other routes. There would also be 14 stations along the route, which is again similar to other routes Dovetail Games has made. It has been said on Discord that the number of stations does restrict the length of route DTG can make so the amount of stations may be the reason behind the short length. Some of the stations would also be much more difficult to model such as Darlington or Middlesbrough. There are also many freight yards and industrial areas along the route especially around Middlesbrough and Redcar, which would make the route even more complex to model.

For locomotives, the Class 66 from Great Western Express would presumably be included with maybe some new freight wagons or ones recycled from GWE. For passenger, the Class 142 Pacer would be the most plausible since that runs most of the commuter services along the route and has been a popular suggestion for Train Sim World. I doubt there will be another passenger DMU which would only operate on the same services as the Class 142, maybe one could be added as a loco dlc later.

The main problem with this route is licensing. In the past Dovetail Games has not been able to get licenses for Northern Rail, though Northern is now operated by a different company, Arriva, so they may have managed to get a license for Northern Rail now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  18. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see the Pacer in TSW, I would expect a 156 too. It would get a bit boring and repetitive seeing only a Pacer on the route. Don't forget that you will see Newcastle and Nunthorpe/Whitby services in the Middlesbrough and Thornaby area so a 156 could be more useful than you think.
    I'm not expecting to see a 185 for the Manchester services to and from Middlesbrough though, but a route extension to Northallerton via Yarm with a Class 185 would be a nice extension DLC in the future ;)

DTG could easily do unbranded Northern Rail livery's for the trains as that is what the 142s carry at the moment so licencing shouldn't be too bad.

• Like Like x 2
  19. raildan

Well... I don't really know how uncommon the 156's are around that area, and they have licensing issues anyway (which doesn't affect the unbranded 142's) so only doing the 142 and 66 + new freight stock actually seems more likely come to think of it. Yeah, might seem more boring with less variety, but they could probably get away with it just fine.

Can we get a full list, then?

• Like Like x 1
  20. NorthRail1

unknown.png

• Like Like x 6
  21. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

So i'm guessing the BR 294 is the diesel locomotive that is needed for the dock area on MSB?

• Like Like x 2
  22. raildan

Yep- and RSN also. This one's been hinted at or otherwise suspected to be in development for a long time now. It's almost certainly in development.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  23. raildan

Wait... so the EWS class 08 isn't all that useful on GWE, right?

Well... what if it's for the Darlington-Saltburn route?

I have the feeling that the short length of the part of the route they chose to model is because they are going to model the entire Teesside port area... which would provide some swit hinges opportunities for a class 08. Can't find any evidence that they're still in use, but a bit of messing with the era isn't unheard of...

Since it wouldn't be "necessary" (the class 66 seems to do plenty of work around the area on its own), I still think it would be a separate loco DLC... but it might work better there than on GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In return the 47’s could also pull the freight.

• Like Like x 2
  25. raildan

Yep- overall increasing variety on the route quite nicely. 2 mainline freight locos, 3 mainline passenger locos, 1 passenger DMU and 1 switcher...

One of the things I kind of like about service mode is that in a pinch it can be a railfanning / trainspotting simulator (sounds kind of ridiculous, but it can kind of work as a screensaver in the background if I have work to do at home but not on the computer) but that only works when you have enough variety.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Shunter in service mode. Taking coaches out of station, ready for turn around?

• Like Like x 1
  27. theorganist

Absolutely

28. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

There are often Class 60s as well as 66s in the area of Middlesbrough and Stockton so that could be another option for freight. I think there is a Gronk in Tees Yard but unsure of what livery its in and if its still there or not. I have seen it a couple of times in the yard in the past years. If there is a EWS Class 08 in the making, I think it would fit much better on Darlington Saltburn at Tees Yard and the Industrial areas than GWE. There are more scenario opportunity's for it and bigger areas for it to travel around on Darlington Saltburn over GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

MFA and JNA wagon. GWE ?

30. raildan

That is the trick, yes... we can be fairly sure that it was at least designed for GWE, but with the whole 182 thing they probably rethought some of that.

My guess isn't that it wouldn't be for GWE, my guess is that it would be for both GWE and, uh, DSB I guess, much in the same way the DB BR 294 would probably be for RSN and MSB fairly equally.

There's another possibility, too. Since whatever "Rostock" is didn't release a few months ago, I think the Darlington - Saltburn route might be the UK route in the cycle AFTER this next one- not 2 routes away, but 5. Maybe the same thing goes for Rostock, and it's planned for release after the next US and UK routes. And who knows how well the Class 08 fits on the next UK route in this case...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  31. raildan

The next stream is scheduled for about two weeks from now, and since they like to do streams around release, I'm guessing the Class 52 will release around May 9th. However, since the two DLC were announced at around the same time, I'm assuming they're both equally close to release, so they would probably be able to release next week... so if it ISN'T releasing next week than there's probably something else being announced that week and they don't want hype for either product being drowned out for the other, so they delayed the class 52 so it wouldn't overlap.

In other words, I'm expecting the next US route DLC to be announced on Thursday, May 2, with possible hints as early as Monday.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Cough US route! Cough

33. raildan

That's... exactly what I said?

• Like Like x 4
  34. raildan

Given all the 52-related stuff they've been pushing out on Twitter today, I think it might be safe to swap those dates around- looks like the 52 might release this Thursday and the US route could be hinted at next week instead.

If that's the case... looks like they just gave up on the giving out the release times thing.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The way Dmitri talked about watching usage graphs on the 182. Has me pretty convinced this challenge is designed for the 52.

36. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Nice. I gotta be more keen on the tweeter :o

Im stoked for both but a US announcement has me all fizzy

37. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Yea we need us route info..

• Like Like x 2
  38. nne4229

Someone find some leaked info already lol

• Like Like x 2
  39. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

The next route hint would make the whole TSW community feel better, especially with how good of a job Dovetail has been doing! I’d be okay if it was Northern Maine Railroad!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  40. nne4229

41. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

42. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Just wanna mention that a new Depot on SteamDB has shown up, bringing the count of encrypted Depots up to 3.
    Considering that one of those Depots is TVL, there are 2 undisclosed ones left. So what are the next 2 Dlcs?
    Maybe the next american route and the freight addon for NTP?

• Like Like x 2
  43. theorganist

I would imagine so, although wasn't there mention of a EWS class 08 shunter presumably for GWE?

44. nne4229

Oooo

• Like Like x 1
  45. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

One of them is most likely the NTP freight pack.

46. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

What’ The American Dlc for TSW going to be announced?

47. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

We don't know.

48. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I suggest looking at the name of this post. All speculation is baseless. For all we know they're announcing a route between New Delhi and Moscow

• Like Like x 2
  49. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

New Route Proposal thread: "I think a line from New Delhi to Moscow is needed to truly make Train Sim World. It can run XYZ equipment. We absolutely must have this, it's literally the only route that makes sense..."

• Like Like x 3
  50. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given the total rubbish they have in that part of the world, clag factor woudl be a must :)

• Like Like x 2