Route Edinburgh - Glasgow - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TimTri, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was enjoying holiday for the entire July (and the beginning of August). Back now though!

I'm very pleased by the constructive feedback in the opening post, thanks a lot for that!
    Most of these issues / improvements are known here, but unfortunately I don't have any news regarding a fix. Will let you know asap in case something happens.
    Same goes for the sounds, no news on that front unfortunately.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Jasper, how was the holiday?

I think something that would go a long way is just keeping us regularly updated with fixes, like you have here, even if there has been no progress since the last update you have given as it gives us that added reassurance that things are still going on and leaves no doubt in anyone's mind.

Like I say you have got a very special route but it is just held back by these problems.

Again thanks for the update on progress and it would be great if they were a regular thing going into the future!

• Like Like x 2
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Jasper, hope you enjoyed your holiday!

4. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I'm sure Matt said the missing AI PIS was a core issue, rather than Rivet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

It seems Glossop doen't have that issue. but SEHS,BCC, NYT,Scotrail express do have PIS issues

6. Bravo2six

Again, I'm sure Matt said the issue had been rectified on new builds, but the issue persisted on the older ones.
    I think the issue was with the core and that the fix is a DTG rather that 3rd party fix?

7. MAX1319

Hopefully Rivet games goes back to this DLC and adds to it. It would be bad news if the announce a new route.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well as a company, they gotta make money by selling new content. It's going to happen eventually.

9. MAX1319

Never said they couldn't. plenty on new content that can be added to edinburgh/ Glasgow, new branches, new locos. Same as Skyhook is planning for MML. They can't expect players to keep buying one route loco and then just to forget about it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Bravo2six

I'm sure Matt said that once the fix comes for existing routes, they should all work as intended.
    Although, I'm not sure if that'll still be the case for off map services.

• Like Like x 1
  11. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I bought it on day one, my only major issue (relevant to playstation at least) is that the computer is a pig to use with a controller, trying to press the right announcement for instance can be very hit and miss. Sounds are better since the last update but not perfect still, I don't play it loads as its a bit "100mph thrash and not much else at times"

• Like Like x 1
  12. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Not only that but now we have the 158 that gives us so much scope for new DLC

• Like Like x 2
  13. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Yea, on Xbox too its difficult using the TMS screen for announcements. The camera mode does help but it's still difficult.
    Ik! I really hope we get some good DLC with ScotRails 158 + other train now as the 158 is used almost everywhere from the central belt to the far north and the borders railway!

• Like Like x 3
  14. 1dart Mart

1dart Mart Well-Known Member

Yes you’re right the screen is a nightmare with the controller, I was always getting the wrong announcement :(
    I still play the route, but through scenarios made by people on creation club, that way I can drive things with a decent cab view lol :)

15. 1dart Mart

1dart Mart Well-Known Member

A 158 on a highland route would definitely be up there in my top three I think. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’d say the screen is actually quite usable on PS5, but would probably be a nightmare on my old PS4 with its inconsistent framerate. The alternative indoor camera option that gets really close to the screen should help those with difficulties.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TSW Nathan

I can confirm on old consoles it is a pain to use with all the lag.

• Like Like x 1
  18. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The TSC map is misleading, tbf.
    Stirling station wasn't modelled, and none of the built in scenarios went to Larbert. Grangemouth was hardly used, either.
    At the end of it, the route was essentially the same as the TSW version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MAX1319

You’re correct Stirling station wasn’t modeled. But it did include the Falkirk Grahamston Branch between Polmont and Greenhill Upper Junction, Falkirk Grahamston, Camelon stations, Grangemouth Intermodal Terminal. All of them are used in workshop scenarios. It also came with the Class 170 , Class 37 and HST. To be fair HST was only AI but still, it added traffic at Edinburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TSW Nathan

If we get ecml. Rivet should extend the line through to Falkirk Grahmston, Cumberland, Alloa and Dumblane. That way you can have Azumas running between Stirling and Edinburgh.

21. TSW Nathan

I was on this line yesterday.
    There is some work that needs done. For example:
    Gaurds Pannel:
    PXL_20230818_135306229.jpg
    Needs a cover over one of the door release buttons. The doors release buttons should light up when Pannel is actived. And could we have some more keys, the one in game looks lonley. For anything on that route that uses a key there should be a key on the key chain.
    Also exterior door light should flash for the carriage that the gaurds Pannel is activated on.

We need smart PIS:
    20230818_085903.jpg
    We need the same system used for the class 395 except change the colour to green and have it displays subtitles for any announcements triggered by the player. The pis display should be above the door in the first class area as shown in the picture not in the middle of the first class ½coach

A.I Cumbernauld, Falkirk Grahmston, North Berwick and Glasgow Central services.
    20230818_085319.jpg
    Can we get some more A.I services so that we get at least the full class 385 ability to populate the main stations such as Waverly and queen Street. We should have 3 & 6 coach class 385 services to Glasgow Central drivable as far as Haymarket. We should have Services to Falkirk Grahmston and Cumbernauld non drivable and turning off at Springbrun jnc.
    The services from Falkirk Grahmston to Edinburgh should also be a.i turning off at Springbrun jnc.
    North Berwick services should be at the south end of Edinburgh Waverley platforms for example. Most services from Queen Street to Edinburgh in game end at Platform 11a. The north Berwick services would start at 11B and any other platforms at the south east within viewing distance.

Proper Platform start and end points.
    20230818_102840.jpg
    We need the Class 385 using all the real life platforms the Falkirk high services use. Not just platform 11a and at peak time platform 14.
    For example: my 09:00am train from Queen Street called at Bishopbriggs, Lenzie, Falkirk high, Polmont, Linlithgow, Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverly. It has 8 coaches and terminated at platform 9 wich can only be used by service from Queen Street to Edinburgh in scenario planner. We also need the real life formations (with exceptions only for 7 coach services).

Please Update the route and try and include some of this Jasper_Rivet . Please let me know what would be possible. :)

• Like Like x 7
  22. TSW Nathan

This is only visual stuff. Ofc the sounds need upgraded but it sounds like that's comming soon..

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Disappointing that rivet don’t seem to place importance on sorting the route. Definitely won’t be purchasing any further DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  24. TSW Nathan

From what I've heard from them they are working hard it's just it's a small team they have so it takes longer to make patches and fix stuff than dtg because of that.

25. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I was contemplating whether to bring this back up again but I'm honestly not bothered about what others say anymore (call me nitpicky if you like). Rivet are usually good at modeling but I need to speak my mind. Two versions of what is meant to be the same pantograph. Rivet’s looks like it came from Roblox whilst DTG’s actually looks like the real thing. upload_2023-8-19_12-51-48.jpeg upload_2023-8-19_12-51-48.jpeg upload_2023-8-19_12-51-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  26. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Interesting feedback here, very detailed! Regarding the pantograph differences, I actually think Rivet’s version still looks quite acceptable. It’s not that bad compared to some other issues that severely impact the gameplay at all times (the bugs listed by many, missing services etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  27. TSW Nathan

Yea to me the panto difference ain't a big deal. I think we're being a little harsh on rivet. They did a great job there is just a few things that need tinkering slightly.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I think what this boils down to is I just want consistency. I know these are different developers but I’d like the same amount of detail for EVERYTHING across all routes. Imo TSW is too high detailed naturally for something looking like that to be acceptable.

• Like Like x 2
  29. TSW Nathan

Fair enough.
    I wish all devs would include smart PIS for all routes. It's something rivet have never done and tbh needs to be done otherwise the passenger interior just doesn't feel quite right. I hope they add that into the e&g line

• Like Like x 1
  30. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Agreed, smart PIS would be a great addition. Surely there’s some code from the DTG smart PIS implementation that could be useful to Rivet. I’m not expecting them to do huge retrofits for existing add-ons (although the belated addition of the PIS screens on WCL was a very welcome surprise), but it’s definitely something to keep in mind for new content going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  31. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Very happy to spot some Edinburgh-Glasgow improvements in the TSW4 roadmap! Who knows, perhaps one of Rivet’s upcoming gameplay packs will even take place on there? Exciting months ahead no matter what :D

• Like Like x 1
  32. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Just wanted to note that the TSW4 launch patch for the route seems to include announcement audio for the off-map destinations like Alloa and Dunblane. Really nice! Makes me wonder what other unannounced changes have been made :)

• Like Like x 3
  33. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Does the driver advice screen works on the 3-car units? I think the power/brake percentage part didn't work. Also, do all neutral sections work properly now? Some made the train brake heavily...

34. TSW Nathan

Oh nice! I need to check that out! :D

• Like Like x 1
  35. MAX1319

Wanted to bring this up again since they are about to release a pack for this route

• Like Like x 4
  36. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

Really wish this could be polished up. I'm certainly not buying anything else made by Rivet until it is.

• Like Like x 5
  37. Bravo2six

They initially said that they couldn't add in the missing services on their forums, so I don't know if the new pack is a seperate timetable?
    If so, I'm hoping the 801 is added in as AI too

• Like Like x 2
  38. TSW Nathan

What a pitiful update. There is so much more that could be fixed and this is what is updated. I think it's utterly ridiculous and there better be a much bigger update after engineering express launches. Cause this is downright awful.

• Like Like x 6
  39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

At least it’s a positive thing that the route is still being worked on, we‘re constantly getting little bug fixes from time to time. Perhaps they’re looking at different aspects/issues of the route while working on the cargo pack and just releasing fixes as they’re being finished.

Still, a proper patch tackling the major bugs would obviously be great. Hopefully we‘ll be getting that when the cargo pack is released.

• Like Like x 3
  40. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They are also working on other things at the same time. Getting bernina ready for release, working on the next uk route, etc.

41. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

Audio is still terrible on the 385, and until that is improved some it doesn't really matter what else they patch for me, I won't be using it.

• Like Like x 4
  42. Fawx

Fawx Well-Known Member

Maybe they should ensure their previous content people have paid for is a good quality, and good working order before trying to sell us more content?

• Like Like x 4
  43. TSW Nathan

Precisely! Edinburgh to Glasgow is now almost a year old! West Cornwall Local 2 years old, maybe older! Still a multitude of bugs and issues on both routes. Rivet are appalling when it comes to big fixes, which is a real shame. I had high hopes for this route. It's one of my favourites. Guess it'll never live up to what it is irl in a game.

• Like Like x 6
  44. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Yeah I got excited when I seen the update post only to be Rivetted once I read the details. Basically the bare minimum so they can punt out their engineering dlc.

Rather disappointing indeed.

• Like Like x 6
  45. The 385 will play announcements?

46. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Rivet don't put the 801 on EDN for AI services at Waverly, it would make the station feel more alive

• Like Like x 6
  47. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Takes quite a bit of time to do, timetables aren’t a very quick process, something of which they are reluctant to put into that dlc for fixes or anything.

I was kinda expecting them to put it locked behind a dlc

48. TSW Nathan

Oh gawd. Don't give them any ideas. :|:o:(

• Like Like x 2
  49. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

it was a contemplation on whether they would use it as a tempt to buy a dlc like they’re upcoming freight pack for the route or just not bother at all putting it in :D:|

guess it’s also that problem again of when theirs no appropriate stock their is no layers, when their is appropriate stock their is no layers…

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2024
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s about the same size of update that many routes get these days. A service that couldn’t be finished is fixed and a couple of cosmetic fixes as well and that’s your lot. When DTG do an update like this they make it look a lot bigger by doing these kind of small fixes for a lot of routes at the same time. Bigger issues are left as they are. Considering DTG like to bundle as many fixes as they can in one go for release slots even for third party stuff, I wouldn’t expect another patch before the Engineering Express DLC releases.