Tees Valley Line Coming On 23rd May

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 15, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Watch the trailer:

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Nice trailer. Some new stuff I've noticed:
    • 2 car 101's on the route!
    • There are 2 loads on the BBA wagons, Some pipes were featured on one of the pictures in the announcement, while the ones in the trailer have coils.
    • Class 08 is already showing some improvements over the class 09, namely open radiators and a fuel gauge in a different position than on the 09, suggesting that the fuel gauge works! (And, by extension... the ability to fuel, of course). This suggests that similar missing features on the 09 might not be missing here, although I don't honestly see them getting backported (which I'm sure a lot of people will be angry about, but remember, WSR is at a lower price than the other routes, and I have the feeling that because of that it was always intended to be more basic).

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

That route look beautiful!!! i really hope that price will be the routes classic one, well even if is lower isn't bad :)

4. raildan

No sign of a preorder discount... uh-oh...

5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

I think Dimitris new pic is a clue to a futurs release

6. raildan

Nah, it's just a 182 painted in a fictional DTG livery (look at the logo). That can't be hint for a route since one doesn't exist and the 182 is already in the game.

I mean, I'm sure we'll see more 182 usable routes eventually, but I don't think this is a hint.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It isn't showing up on the Steam storefront yet...so there's no reason to suspect there won't be. All route DLC released to date have had one afaik

8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but one has to wonder who at DTG thought it was a good idea to have TWO routes in a row set in the 1980s. Licensing or access to locos to must be playing a part, although even if this is true why couldn't they have set it in the 90s with the pacer and a sprinter? That would have at least made it more relevant to people who are interested in today's railway as those two units are still in operation. To most people born after 1985 the 101 and to a certain extent 37 and 08 will be a mystery to them (other than on freight operations and preserved railways).

I'm all for variety but the game needs to attract some fresh blood and most people who play video games these days are youngsters. Not gonna happen carrying on like this.

9. raildan

Personally, I think the dev team is a bit biased... Perhaps growing up IN 1980's UK may have influenced their route choices a bit... this is backup by how not only are 3 of the 4 British routes centered on classic diesels and nostalgia, but none of the other r

I can see where it would be annoying to fans of modern British rail, especially when the other countries are all modern, but at least it theoretically comes with the bonus of proof they put some "heart" into these routes, handcrafting them to be experiences they themselves would enjoy and not just cranking them out for money.

Could be worse- they have technically covered 3 separate eras with these routes- BR Green (WSR), BR Blue (NTP), and BR Sectors (TVL). Because of this, I think we'll get a modern UK route as the next UK route, simply because they're running out of eras to model.

• Like Like x 4
  10. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The Transporter Bridge looks a bit sketchy to me but it would be harsh to judge on the basis of the glimpse we get in this video. Is it too much to hope that there may be some sort of launch event for this route up here as there was for Weardale and Teesdale (in TS) at Locomotion a few years back?

11. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

No shame, i watched it like 3 times in a row. Been waiting for news of release. I checked twitter more than i shouldve the last fews days

The first step is admitting you have a problem ;)

• Like Like x 6
  12. 333talgo

333talgo Well-Known Member

Do you know what? Schnauzahpowahz I do the same! hahaha :) Waiting for the 23!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

First sight: Did you see these chimes work? But, work in the game? A new feature! A new type of light effect,more emersive game! But I’m scared with Consoles Improvements for this DLC, some features will be work?
    New class 37, a updated class 09- The class 08 and a reused Class 101 with 2 cars.Speaking of cars, will there be 80's car traffic?

14. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

It's a BR 182 DTG repaint made by MCGermanyFan .

• Like Like x 2
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

But how does that explain the constant modern routes in TS1?1

Also I don't think you should assume that younger users automatically like modern day routes. Looking at the amount of young people operating steam period and diesel period model railways and exhibitions and also volunteering on steam railways, I think young people are more open minded about era.

I want to see a mix of eras but the 70's and 80's have been virtually neglected in the last few years, you have to go back to MSTS when we had quite a nice collection of BR period routes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shukiii

I disagree. Dovetail's train simulators have a problem with attracting older guys (or people interested in historic stuff), not young people. There is hardly any historic German content for TS20XX for example, compared to the massive amount of historic routes for MSTS.

I am Austrian and 24 years old, and although I'm interested in trains from all over the world (and lately especially old British locos), my main interest is historic stuff from Austria and it's neighboring countries (Germany, Switzerland, Italy, etc.)
    TS20XX never appealed to me at all, it doesn't have a lot of trains I'm interested in, so I just stayed with MSTS before TSW came out.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I like the old train, and I’m only 45, so I’m old?
    I completely stopped TS from trans pen dlc, I have all the DLC of TSW and I love this period of 70’s/ 80’s/ 90’s

I’m French and I’d love to have an old French country road or even a Japanese road
    I am not against a road from 2015 either but I admit a preference for the years 80 to 2000

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

I actually don't get the obsession with having content that's familiar to you. Personally I love the exotic stuff, and definitely the retro stuff. I would not want to see countless of routes set in Sweden. (but maybe one or two) How old do you think all the people wanting steam locomotives are?

I guess it depends on what you're looking to get out of the game.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Chimes, new light effect?

20. Rail Master

Oh sorry! Chimney!

• Like Like x 1
  21. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

them work on RSN too

• Like Like x 2
  22. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I missed it but there seemed to be a lack of well populated sidings.

23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like this era more or less, it is far more interesting than a present day route. Besides it is good to have a cluster of routes and stock in about the same era, so we can excahnge stock and assets. I do not care so much about super reality, atmosphere is most important for me, so I will happily mix the stock of those routes in a scenario once the editors are available.

• Like Like x 3
  24. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Variety is the spice of life. No one is going to enjoy or be interested by every piece of content in this game whether it's because of geographic location, motive power or the era in which it is set and that is alright. It's a positive thing that there is so much to choose from in those categories and then some. The more DTG develop this game, the more options they give us, the better the experience will be overall as there will be something for most everyone. For those of us that enjoy all railroading well .. our libraries will just be stacked :)

• Like Like x 9
  25. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I agree. We are in an era where some folks believe everything and everyone caters solely to their every want and need. Social media has created this monster where kiddies have temper tantrums and fill facebook twitter etc with verbal vomit.

I like the 'ol chestnut, " if you dont like it dont buy it"

• Like Like x 9
  26. theorganist

This is very true. We are creating a society of me, myself and I!

• Like Like x 4
  27. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a timetable combined with the manual.

28. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Probably not based on past manuals/DLC's

29. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just for your information, this 74-year-old has been and remains attracted to TSW since the first appearance of the CSX route and is more attracted to earlier time periods than to the present. Am I alone?

30. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

If they were just going to lazily re-use content from the last DLC they could have at least reskinned the 101 into reggie rail livery.

• Like Like x 2
  31. theorganist

Only a few class 101's were painted into regional railways livery (I assume that is what you mean) and not till 1992 so after this route was dated. Also none would have been seen this far north, regional railways liveried 101's were seen at Longsight, Norwich, Tyseley and Plymouth Laira. It could be considered lazy not to check facts before ranting!

• Like Like x 9
  32. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Noticed that the manual is up on Steam.
    Few points, the operation of the 37 looks very detailed, and there's the re-fuelling of the stock, which I assume means that there's services that involve re-fuelling?

Anyway, had a look at the route map, and it's missing stations - specifically Grangetown & Cargo Fleet. These closed in 1990 & 1991, but would have been open in 1989 when the route is set.

• Like Like x 1
  33. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

They could still be in the game. Some stations in NTP where in the game but not on the map that came with the route.

34. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The PDF manual now available on Steam includes a download link that is not currently active, but will presumably become so once the route is released. You'll never see me claim that "I can't wait" when I obviously have to, but my eagerness is certainly increasing.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Mkdog45

Does anyone know where I can watch the stream because I missed it.

36. Rail Master

YouTube—> Channel Train Simulator (you can only search “dovetail games”)

37. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the Dev stream. So looking forward to tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  38. Shukiii

39. Mkdog45

Thank you, I really enjoyed the stream

• Like Like x 4
  40. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Anyone managed to install it yet?
    Steam's downloaded, but it's taking ages to install it, literally been hanging for over an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes mine has downloaded with no problems

42. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

It was very slow but downloaded. This DLC is great!!

• Like Like x 1
  43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

EPIC! So well done!

• Like Like x 1
  44. theorganist

I love it so far. Drove the 101 from Saltburn to Darlington, love the contrast between the green rural sections with the stark industrial area of Thornaby and Tees Yard. Then went and watched the 08 shunting and then two class 37's pulling some hoppers out of Tees yard, very immersive and the sounds have come on such a long way since GWE, I couldn't resist turning the volume up listening to the roar of the engines, the clatter of the wagons over the points and the squealing flanges. Don't know what the neighbours thought!

Looking forward to exploring services with the 08 and 37 over the weekend.

Very nice job DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Mkdog45

Same I absolutely love the route and everything about it. I have done 3 services already with the 101. Only down side is no timetable except from that the route is perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  46. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Me too! I drove the 101 on a cloudy Summers morning from Thornaby depot to Darlington, then to Middlesbrough, then back to Darlington. No waiting around as the services follow on nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Great work, a No1 now for TSW although when NTP gets its freight that will be back up there competing. The atmosphere is bang on in this. I haven't been that way many times in my life but it looks exactly like I remember on visits up there.

Very hard to find anything negative to say at all about it. Shared some screenshots with folk who don't have the SIM and they swore it looked real and the only thing that gave it away was the clag from the locos. So if there is anything to try and work on there's that. Glad I made this a pre order when I nearly always wait for sales. Will do my best to encourage others to get on board with it too!

• Like Like x 1
  48. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Really enjoying the new route it is really superb, everything about it is spot on have not found anything to complain about.

• Like Like x 2
  49. theorganist

I agree, I think for me NTP with the freight pack will slightly pip TVL for the number 1 spot but it is very close.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  50. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I delved straight into a night service with everything crossed that house lights, street lights and industrial areas lit up and to my joy, whey hey life at night!! There is still a bit of work to do on the house lighting as only a small percentage light up but it's a start, really does make a difference!

Now here's hoping, with the imminent release of the 40 and 08 for NTP, that route has had a makeover and also lights up in late evening!

• Like Like x 1