Unnobtainable Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Observadorpt, May 12, 2019.

1. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

This trophies are unnobtainable, when a fix for this? I dont buy any dlc until this are fixed, and i dint even start the game and when i start i want to have all dlcs, so no trophies fixed no dlcs buyed. I have hope you gonna have this fixed.
    GP38: Car Collector
    RT: Leipzig Legend
    WSR: West Country Wonderer
    Class 33: All the threes

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’ve all of those apart from Car Collector and All the Threes. Some of us have logged tickets to DTG on those. Please do the same to help the cause

• Like Like x 2
  3. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

The achievement "WSR: West Country Wonderer" got fixed in a recent update when the class 52 released. There was a service at Bishops Lydeard that didn't appear in the service list. I can't help with the others sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

Yes. The WSR one I had to complete again though under a completely new profile for it to pop

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Hey, thanks to the help from the achievement/trophy hunter community here on the forums - I have wrote an extensive guide on how to unlock these trophies/achievement's so all information is one place as it took quite a bit of asking about and reading.

RT
    TrueTrophies: https://www.truetrophies.com/t221998/rt-leipzig-legend-trophy?showguides=1
    TrueAchievements: https://www.trueachievements.com/a256023/rt-leipzig-legend-achievement?showguides=1

WSR
    TrueTrophies: https://www.truetrophies.com/t228989/wsr-west-country-wonderer-trophy
    TrueAchievements: https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1268569

Hope this helps! Credit to all original forum members for providing this information and helping make these unlockable.
    On the Xbox version we don't have the car collector achievement so I don't have any information for it, I don't own ntp yet - but have read in several places that a new profile can help with unlocking all the threes..

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

So what you are saying is that:
    A- you don't own the game,
    B- You won't own a game that you want to buy ALL the DLC for JUST because of a few broken trophies?

Sounds bonkers to me.

It's a great game, buy it and play it. Trophy fixes appear in updates to the route generally. By the time you get near most of the trophies they may be fixed anyway.

Personally I don't see the fuss, if it's a good game then I couldn't care less about trophies. Especially if they cannot be achieved by any player and it isn't just your account bugged.

Lots of fuss is.made about trophies, maybe DTH could remove them all together to stop the moaning? Then we can get on and enjoy the great simulator game on console, which is a rarity we are lucky to have. Saves buying and upgrading a PC when we have perfectly good consoles already.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

Not sure it’s moaning. Trophies are a completely legit way to play any game. Use them for guidance. Yesterday I knew I needed to run about 2 more services in the Class 33 to help get the 330 miles trophy. So I thought right, today I’ll have a couple of good runs on WSR rather than play MSB etc. I did get said trophy too

• Like Like x 4
  8. underwaterdick

Looking through many posts on this forum there is a LOT of moaning about trophies and less appreciation of the incredible game that we have.
    If the trophies were not there, nobody would miss them.

I agree that it is stupid that they are on the list yet unachievable, but would much rather have a visually great, high performance simulator game than something weaker with lots of trophies.
    Maybe they should NOT include trophies with future DLC, then they can't be bugged, if fixing them is such an issue.

I too have chosen to drive a particular class to up the mileage to trophy numbers, but only because I was close and couldn't decide what to drive. Without the trophy I would still have enjoyed driving any loco the same.

9. TinTin_57

I for one would miss them, they are part of all games I purchase for the PS4 and I look forward to ticking them off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TinTin_57

also, the trophies not working are not directly relatable to the graphical quality of the game, or have I misunderstood your statement there? How can the trophies working make the game weaker?

11. underwaterdick

When the game released there were certain visual and control related bugs... These have eventually been fixed on most routes but it took a while. These fixes also include trophy fixes in some places. - My statement is a broad one that suggests visual bugs could have (maybe) been fixed faster without having to fix trophy support before releasing them.
    Also, I get the idea from what I read on this forum that many of the support tickets raised regard trophies not working rather than some of the other bugs and gameplay issues discussed.

Each to their own, and trophies are clearly important to some. Gameplay is the reason I purchase a game and that is where my personal enjoyment comes from.

12. TinTin_57

Yep, there’s never been anything in patch notes to say any trophies are fixed. Much to many of our disappointments. I think the reason for this is that patches are made for the pc then just ported to PS4 so whilst there have been some minor fixes specifically for PS4, trophies are not usually part of it. If it ain’t broken on pc then tough for console players

13. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Pretty easy for me. I´m not an achievement hunter but if its in the game it should work. If its not working prior to release, dont release it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

What's up with RSN refurbishment crew trophy? 10/10 boards 16/15 hammers 40/40 signs and only 8/10 broken lights. Is this trophy bugged aswell? can't find the last 2 broken lights anywhere. Also supposed to be a sign on the first tunnel after altena but nothing is there.

15. TinTin_57

I followed the steam guide for that and was able to get it. Sometimes though the numbers of each item varies as you point out. LIRR was the same as I recall. pschlik 's guides are pretty spot on

16. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Used the steam guide also aswell as youtube. lot of comments about only getting 8/10 lights.

Thanks for the above guide.

17. xD 2Bad4You

There are only 8/10 broken lights. But you can find more of that stop signs and once you have them it should unlock. pschlik guide covers them all

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  18. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I've had numerous instances of trophies popping long after the requirement has been met, after I know I've finished a trophy I always leave the game on for half and hour to an hour now just to see if it pops randomly as exiting the game appears to stop it popping at all. Right now I'm working my way up to level 10 in the taurus for the second time on a different profile trying to unlock the trophy for it... Good thing it's a blast to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  19. underwaterdick

I haven't been trying to unlock trophies, so haven't paid too much attention to when the requirement was met for each trophy, but I have 100% on WSR.
    All these trophies were earned in game, showed up in the PS notification pop up, but didn't actually show up in the trophy list for up to an hour or so.

I have only found this with WSR, the other trophies I have all seem to be added when they are earned in game. Again, I don't know if they are earned at the same time as the requirement being met, or if there is a delay there too.

20. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Are there any reported issues with LIRR King of Queens not popping? Ive done the required 70 services

21. TinTin_57

It worked for me but I did more than 70 I seem to recall. Not much over though

22. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

there now seems to be another trophy that cant be gained. this one is with the cabcar.

its for doing 70 mph in the cab car. ive reached 90 mph with it and it was the line speed as well

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. xD 2Bad4You

I say this with a bit of caution, cause things could be different between the Xbox and PS4 Version.
    But i´ve done more than 50 boarding tasks with the new Cabcar and the
    " CC: Keystone King - Complete 50 Passenger Boarding tasks with the Amfleet Cab Car" Achievement isnt unlocking aswell.
    That makes both Cabcar related Achievements unobtainable.

(Its a shame we dont have these numbers as ingame statistics like the driven mileage. Would be easier to have definitive proof for the bug report)

• Like Like x 2
  24. TinTin_57

I would be interested to know if anyone can get the 70mph one by using a new profile. Bizarrely it has worked in the past for other trophies

• Like Like x 1
  25. TinTin_57

Class 33 also was 33 boarding tasks and that too was bugged

26. xD 2Bad4You

I´ve tried it with a new Ingame Profile and it didnt unlock with that aswell.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

I did mention my suspicion about this the other day in another thread, but I'm glad to have more confirmation on it - It didn't unlock for me either.

• Like Like x 1
  28. TinTin_57

C8551E9C-EEC1-44CE-8FCF-556217209039.jpeg One good thing today for me, if you have the NTP freight pack, I got 15 services in the 40 trophy. I’ve stopped counting when I had done 20 services so I had assumed this one was broken too, but no

• Like Like x 3
  29. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

How many did you do before you got it? I hope its not one of those new profile jobs, having spent hours racking up services

30. TinTin_57

I seem to recall around 75-80 but I have mislaid my notes (I know it’s getting geeky when you write these things down)

• Like Like x 1
  31. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

I am currently on 72 and really hopeful it will pop after i do a couple more. Am I right this trophy isnt on the glitch list officially though?

32. TinTin_57

No, it has popped eventually for all the PS4 people who think they should have it

While I remember we have a PlayStation Community for TSW Trophy Hunters. Welcome to join up. Just search the PS communities

• Like Like x 1
  33. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

How many did you need to do for the trophy?

34. TinTin_57

Wish I knew. At a rough guess probably about 25

• Like Like x 1
  35. Observadorpt

Hi

Sorry to just answer now but i only see this post now.

A- I OWN THE GAME.
    B- I OWN A FEW DLCS AND I WANT TO OWN ALL THE DLCS

But i want all trophies fixed, me and all players who play for fun and trophies too. If you dont like trophies just dont see this post because is not for you.

Devs for what i see in this game just are concerned in releasing dlcs and more dlcs and not fixing graphical bugs and broken trophies. If players reclaim with their wallet devs already have fixed the trophies. Remember devs are here only to take money from players not helping them.

And i dont know why sony allow broken trophies.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Observadorpt

Hi

Well, 1 more patch and guess, they fixed a dlc trophy and no mention on fixing car collector trophy. This is awesome. Perhaps they dont want players to have the platinum or the trophy needs something that the players doesnt know.

37. TinTin_57

Did you log a ticket for Car Collector? Definitely worth doing, people power and all that

• Like Like x 1
  38. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Thanks for this - I think this is an extremely useful observation. It's an indication of the apparent randomness associated with the general problem that a lot of people have with trophies/achievements.

I have had a similar experience with the MSB trophies - you might need to leave the PS4 running for a while.... there is some code that is trying to complete, and it doesn't complete unless something else happens. I think that thing that needs to happen is a failure to connect to the internet (I am not joking...). If you switch off the PS4, you could lose the "thread" that's wanting to give you the trophy.

I have mused about it here (warning - it's at length....):
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

More evidence is coming in all of the time - so the reasons behind my workaround will need to be revised at some point. I am starting to think that sometimes if the code to award the trophy doesn't complete, that it does get stored, and that there is another "look-up" later, say, when a module (a scenario/service) is started again, and then the trophy is awarded (if your internet is switched off). I had something like this happen with the 500x SIFA alarm trophy. Others have had a similar experience.

• Like Like x 1