Eu/us Loco And Asset Packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomotron, May 10, 2019.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

These two packs are required by many freeware routes and is included in many routes, but some may buy them separately from the store, which is bad because you can get the packs in other routes that are sometimes cheaper than the packs themselves!

I'm thinking that the packs might as well be included in the game as part of the base package because they only have a couple of trains and many people will get it anyway, so why not just remove the fuss?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some routes require the US Asset Pack for the assets but for a European Route.
    Should anyone who wished to run that route then have to go out and buy a US Route which they might never use just for those assets?

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The OP is saying that they should just be in with the game rather than as DLC

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I think they actually are already in the game, or at least the version I have.

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They aren't in the game by default but some default routes come with it. The original set of routes (the Rail Simulator ones) came with both packs, and when I bought TS2014 it came with the US one for Donner Pass.

Having both packs in the game by default would simplify the whole thing - you wouldn't need to worry about what routes include it, nor would players who weren't in the know buy it separately.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Train Simulator 2012 and 2013 has these packs included by default.
    With the release of TS2014 those packs were removed as default included and were released as seperate DLC but included in many other DLC such as routes or even loco DLC's.

On the Dutch Train Community forum I have created a list with images and links to the Steam store which includes those packs.
    It is about 6 months out of date, but I don't think there are many or routes at all released that include those packs now.

https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/trai.../european-loco-asset-pack-us-loco-asset-pack/

On the SteamDB.info site you can view a complete list in all packages (including those not available anymore or such as retail packages).
    https://steamdb.info/app/208300/subs/ for the European Loco & Asset Pack
    https://steamdb.info/app/208306/subs/ for the US Loco & Asset Pack

There was no official reason given as why it was removed from the base game as those packs are needed for not only freeware routes, but also payware routes or scenario's.
    But I don't see Dovetail Games going to add those DLC back into the base game, as the current versions of TS2019 (except the TS2019 Chinese Edition) don't use that pack.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  8. ARuscoe

So I get downvoted for reiterating what the OP has said in their post... Go figure :o

9. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

749006 is now downvoting all of my posts after I downvoted -
    which would be completely unnecessary and a waste of money, if they're in the base package as Doomotron suggests.

They're making this community a nastier environment than Steam.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why did you need to Downvote my post?
    If you wish to disagree with me just reply to my post - that is way a Forum works

Downvoting is like saying I disagree with something but I'm not saying why

Peter

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Did you find it necessary to just repeat what somebody else had said?

12. ARuscoe

Peter, you asked a question about BUYING a route which would include the asset pack when the OP talked about it being included by default, thus negating the need to purchase it at all, either directly as a DLC or indirectly by it's inclusion in a different purchase.
    So it obviously needed repeating or you wouldn't have asked that question I presume

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Because Doomotrons suggestion was perfectly reasonable and your response wasn't - it's for reasons such as this that Dovetail have implemented downvotes. If you still don't understand, ask a moderator.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes, Downvotes are there for those people who like to Downvote something but not say why.
    Somebody downvoted a picture of mine a few weeks back without explanation.
    Any you seemed upset that I downvoted Your Post but you expect me to receive Downvotes without a explanation.

My reason for being against the inclusion of the ELAP and USAP is it adds a lot of items in the Kuju Folder which then gets inflated with stuff you are not going to use. - mine is at 12GB

Peter

15. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

The game handles that fine, have more then 500gb in the game and still runs good.
    But are you sure you don't have those installed or at least the European one, it comes with a very large selection of routes and is required by most freeware routes as well due to it reliance one other DLC that comes with the pack.

Let's just stop the bickering about it, some people are in favor, some not, this is an endless loop discussion so leave people be.
    DTG won't add it back by default, mainly because some (who haven't read further then it is included in so much DLC) have bought it independently of its inclusion in routes or rolling stock.
    As well as it isn't a requirement of either the base game or included routes (except the Chinese Edition, as it is a requirement of one route).

As I run stuff that states it as a requirement I have it installed anyway. DTG clearly not as they have removed it years ago by default, but still includes it when needed for even recently released routes.

• Like Like x 1