Connect Lirr And Nec

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kalteVollmilch, Feb 3, 2019.

1. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Hi all,

iirc. both the Long Island Railroad and the Nort East Corridor feature the New York Penn Station, however the ACS64 cannot be seen entering the station in the LIRR dlc and vice versa with the M7 in the NEC dlc.
    Why not have both trains drive through New York Penn station in both dlcs, at least if we also own both dlcs.
    With the current state of things, the station is described as being one of the bussiest stations ever (at least in the artiles on the DTG Website), however the game doesn't support that statement at all, with the station looking very empty and quiet and therefore not feeling busy at all.

• Like Like x 15
  2. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

That would be nice also, cuz it is one of the top busiest railroad stations....I think during the "Maintenance Maneuver" scenario u actually pass a set of few Amtrak coach cars(no locomotive) at Penn-___-

3. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

It would be interesting if you owned a previous route that included that section of track then the new DLC would merge with it - assuming it is set in the right time/era. That way new routes would become an extension of old routes and make them even busier however if you didn't own a previous DLC it would just work on it's own as it does now. You would still select each route separately in the menu however service mode would just be busier and the map would be larger depending on owned routes/stock. I feel like this might be too much work and it would make developing service mode a little trickier since routes would have to access other routes timetables and it would have to accommodate future releases - though saying that some routes are somewhat quiet at times...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

With layering, I believe that it must now be possible for the trains from one route to add a layer into the service mode of the other,

5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

You do actually. Interesting enough there not real. Just scenery. You can walk straight through them.

6. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

I would like it and many other people would also like things like this as shown by the thread

7. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

Yes it makes no logical sense of why they are not.