Tees Valley Line Bugs / Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AyrtonS8, May 23, 2019.

1. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

A few issues/bugs that I have spotted while playing the first time on Tees Valley Line.

First, the map achievement boards seem to reflect a bit on the back at quite a few stations including Dinsdale, Thornaby and Redcar Central.
    upload_2019-5-23_23-10-57.png

There seems to be a passenger issue at Longbeck where quite a few seem to be merged together in a area that blocks other passengers making it difficult to pass.
    upload_2019-5-23_23-14-24.png

The stopping point at Darlington Platform 1 is at the very end of the platform. I find that strange as usually trains would stop at about the middle of the platform where the majority of the passengers are standing. That's where I was stood waiting for the train to arrive in game and was surprised it travelled all the way to the end of the platform.
    upload_2019-5-23_23-18-18.png

The level crossing at Allens West looks to be sunk a bit below ground level on both sides.
    upload_2019-5-23_23-19-37.png

In the menu for the Class 37 services, the description for services 6S11 and 6S17 say that the service go as far as Eaglescliffe where actually it goes all the way to Darlington.
    upload_2019-5-23_23-33-4.png

There are the few issues/bugs that I found on my first run of the route. Will add anymore that I find. Overall I think its a pretty decent route and Dovetail have done a good job with it. :)

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

I am getting a lot of graphical corruption on the track in the class 08 tutorial.

When you have to get out of the class 08, and walk over to change the points, the track glitches and flickers like crazy. I even have motion blur switched off (CTRL+F2) but that didn't fix it.

[​IMG]

I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but might as well stick it here too. XD

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

A few issues with the class 101:

1. The Q-key to acknowledge AWS is not working. The control in the cab does, as does the B-button at the XBox controller.
    2. The 21:20 depot service train runs passengers to the depot.
    3. I wonder where the fuel gauge can be found? I tried the refuelling procedure but it is completely unclear when to stop.
    4. The guard is not using the buzzer or it is not audible in the cab, which contradicts the manual.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Trains stopped in the bay platforms at Bank Top are usually up near the buffers under the roof. Every other Saltburn-Darlington service actually runs between Saltburn and Bishop Auckland and should start from platform 1 or stop at platform 4- the through platforms at Bank Top. Is that reflected by TSW?

Edit: At a second look that is Platform one isn't it? Yes I think the through trains do at least stop under the roof.

What do the station signs for Allens West actually say? In my experience they have invariably been modified by some wag with a label or Tipex or a dab of paint so, for the sake of authenticity, they should read "Aliens West".

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This is not exclusive to TVL, as it is a global bug in TSW which needs fixing. This also happens to all depot services in GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Wheelslip, but the loco is offline :) From the outside, I saw one of the axes rotate. I could not move. Throttle = off. stopped.png started.png

7. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

Steam achievements are broken too.

8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Which achievements are you having issues with, so far I have had no problems with the achievements. I have already unlocked 3 of them and have been adding to the coal loading achievement with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hightower

hightower Guest

Cab occlusion....

With the sun shining from behind the train, both the windscreen of the 101 and the instruments on the 37 are washed out, as you would expect if there was no cab structure there. It’s a long standing issue but seemed headed in the right direction so it’s disappointing to see it rearing it’s head again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Yeah, i noticed that too. Same bug with the class 45 on NTP in tunnels, and the class 66 on GWR almost anywhere. Not sure which is more annoying, this bug or the ones where loco buffers clip through each other. DTG really need to fix this stuff.

11. hightower

hightower Guest

For me, it’s the stuff that breaks the immersion that I’d like to see fixed ASAP. That is mostly sounds and visual stuff. This lighting thing is a biggy for me, but I believe they’ve said there are issues with UE4 (that old chestnut) and this kind of occlusion.

It’s also things like in ‘Powering America Pt 2’ on CSX where it rains the whole scenario but the rain drops are not displayed on the windscreen, so you don’t require the wipers. That’s the sort of thing we saw in the early TS1 days sadly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Not a massive bug, it's more of a little niggle, but...

On the scenario "Steelworks shunting" with the class 08, every BBA wagon has the exact same number "901888"

[​IMG]

DTG usually use randomized numbers on the rolling stock, but seem to have skipped this one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I know, services are designed quite sloppy in many cases.

14. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

When you tried using the Q key, were you sat down in the Driver's seat? It only works if you are.

The thing about the guard not using the buzzer is really annoying. The same applies to the 101 in Northern Transpennine.

More broadly, why is it difficult to make a train where the guard controls the doors? Having to control the doors as the Driver is very irritating (on the majority of trains in TSW the Driver does not control the doors in real life).

Aside from those standard TSW niggles though, the Tees Valley Line is an excellent piece of work.

15. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Look around the cab while it's raining... you'll find it coming in through the roof on the AC4400 too.

16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I just found the the AWS key is double bound. The Q-key is used for AWS/DSD reset according to the manual. They managed to bind the AWS-reset to the G-key. For the Class 101 you ned to press the G-key, but fortunately you can rebind it to the Q key as well. For the class 37, the Q key is to be used, did not check if the G-key will work as welll.

17. hightower

hightower Guest

The Q key works just fine on the 101 for me. That doesn’t sound right?

18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Maybe you rebound the G-key? This only happens with the class 101, for the other engines the Q key does the job. It is solvable but sloppy.

19. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

The CL37 achievement doesn't count miles:
    CL37: Tractor Trail

2 TVL achievements are hidden and don't unlock, which are:
    CL08: Shunt master
    CL08: Gronk Genius

And slightly off-topic: all the achievements for British Class loco's don't seem to count miles either. Which is super annoying.
    CL33, CL52, CL47, CL101 etc.