PC Br Class 52 Sold For It's Great Cab View... That Was A Joke, Right?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wolfy, May 31, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

So i picked-up the BR Class 52 "Western" DLC yesterday, just to be a completionist and own all of the DLC currently available for TSW.

I find it ironic that the release article for this locomotive said that it "offered the best panoramic cab view of the beautiful WSR route" or something like that.... Then i drive the thing for the first time, and notice that the windscreen is completely covered in dirt and other crap.

So in real-life, people spend hours repainting, cleaning and polishing locomotives for special diesel gala events, then throw as much dirt over the windscreen as possible?

That is really fantastic work DTG ... Create a good selling point for something, and then completely destroy it. :(

• Like Like x 3
  2. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try cleaning your monitor screen, because I don't know what the hell you're wittering on about.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Not sure what good cleaning my TV screen would do, when my PC is connected to a dedicated monitor.... like most regular people in 2019.

Though it would explain why you don't have a problem, as your picture would probably be a blurry mess to begin with on that 1987 Panasonic CRT.

• Like Like x 4
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

my cab view is fine in the 52

• Like Like x 4
  5. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Take a good look at the 52 windscreen.
    Now go and look at the 33 and 47 windscreens.

If you can't see a difference between them, i think a trip to an opticians may be in order.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

DTG please tell the flies to stay away from Wolfys class 52 once he is polished it or he wants a refund.

• Like Like x 5
  7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

My only concern is personal attacks - please refrain from those on this forum.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

The last thing TSW needs is for things (anything and everything) to look any ‘cleaner’.

God forbid!

• Like Like x 3
  9. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

This is a nice detail- if the window was completely clean, it would feel less realistic to me if the window was clean, as it would seem like the window wasn't even there. I bet you would complain about that too.

It really astounds me sometimes how vigorously some people on here hate everything DTG touches, even regarding tiny, tiny details that never bothered anyone else as complete dealbreakers. I mean, if that's how you feel about this, that's fine, but... why are you even still here then? Why are you still playing the game?

I'm not a DTG "fanboy," I just find the quality their DLC provides to be acceptable. Expecting everything to be absolutely perfect is kind of ridiculous, especially at these prices- yes, their DLC is expensive, but the Armstrong Powerhouse DLC you always talk about being better (which I agree, it is), like the Class 37, is much more expensive. You wouldn't expect the same quality for a lower price, right? (And yes, the base prices of DTG's DLC is a bit ridiculous- I consider the sales prices to be fair, though, and that's what I'm comparing here)

TLDR; I'm ok with DTG not being perfect.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Thruth delivered.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

People will find the littlest things to become upset about anymore.... If it was all was pristine, ship shape and Bristol fashion for every locomotive then others would complain about the lack of realism. Again danged if you do, Danged if you don’t.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Too late, i quoted before you edited your post... Think before you type next time, it will save embarrassment.

Yes, and please tell the birds to leave my class 442 alone on TS20xx... I am paying £11.99 for a train, not to stare at digital bird mess for hours.

But you would be bored if people didn't complain about things on the forum. You seem to enjoy responding to every complaint thread with some witty or condescending remark.... Then again, you do that on every Steam TS20xx / TSW thread too. Hiding behind your private profile.

TIP: Using a different user name and avatar on other forums might help.

So if that is the case, you had better start a thread complaining about the BR Class 33 windows being too clean... I guess whoever created that model is off your Christmas card list now?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pensfanvw

Pensfanvw Member

Wolfy, it's just a game. Calm down. All this from a dirty simulated windshield. If this is the worst thing happening in your life, consider yourself very fortunate.

Alan

• Like Like x 7
  14. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

That's not my point at all. If I was as offended by the clean windshield as you are to the dirty one, maybe, but I like the class 33 and don't view the clean windshield as a problem. Both a clean and dirty windshield are realistic, after all- it just depends on how recently they've been cleaned. I like the class 52 and don't see the dirty windshield as a problem. My main concerns with these locos is their limited use on WSR, other than that I'm fine with them, and I'm sure 3rd party scenario creators will clear that up whenever the editor drops.

My point is that I don't think the windshield really matters that much. I'm not so horribly offended by this windshield that it triggers a massive ranting post on the forums or a need to insult anyone who disagrees.

To reiterate: Is it really worth making a massive fuss over some tiny details on windows, which aren't even that noticeable unless you really focus on them? They don't even show laziness on behalf of DTG, as they would actually have to have put in EXTRA work into this! I mean, what's the point?

Also, as per it being false advertising, it... it really isn't... you can still see out of the windows, and the windows are large. Most people are fine with or barely even notice the dirt on them, and it doesn't affect the actual visibility through the windows all that much, so... yes, it does offer a good panoramic view. I don't think the windshield, as you say in the OP, "completely destroys" their "good selling point."

• Like Like x 2
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

You are right Wolfy, when I see nothing but complaints and pessimism, I do comment. And I have no reason to use different avatars or names since I don’t post anything I don’t stand behind. As for the private profile, I question why anyone wouldn’t have a private profile, but if you want your open to the world, that is your choice. If you think my remarks are condescending, that is your problem because they are not intended in that manner.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Yikes Wolfy.. This ain't it Chief

17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

To me your comments feel irritating and overly negative because the wording you choose. In itself your comments may be valid (though I do not always agree) but I think you are not doing justice to the present and improving quality of this game. You may realize that DTG needs to make some money and also needs to try to keep prices a bit reasonable. (Read the comments of all people complaining about the high pricing if DLC).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Windows on the Class 52 are slightly tined which can make them appear dirty. Look throught the windows on this image and you will see that the stuff behind the windows is slightly darker just like in TSW. Someone who has the Class 52 could mod it in about 10 minutes.
    Does anybody want to do this for him?
    4D-003-014S_3393099_Qty1_cat.jpg

19. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This is actually entertaining. Gives me something to do with my life lol.

• Like Like x 1