"for Fans Of Multiplayer" In A Train Game "share Your Ideas"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, May 19, 2019.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

I created this thread for the train drivers who would love multiplayer on train games and would like to see in train sim world well can't stop sharing mine this is just the beginning of the thread post for the developers to read I think its important suggestions "here are mine"

1-ways of socializing.
    2-i would like maybe to use a headset for chatting it would be faster and easier to do the train job.
    3-ways of adding people.

I have 3 multiplayer suggestions share yours!

Thanks for everyone who came to my thread!
    by:Gustavo The RailWorker

• Like Like x 5
  2. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

One person acting as a fireman and other as a driver for a steam locomotive I wish to see in future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

For NEC a conductor telling the engineer how far to back and how close they are to the cars while yard switching.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

For starters Id go with 2 players being able to load onto the same train. Driver and second man. That would also be a good way of trading knowledge. The second man can either sit in the second mans seat or sit in the rear cab (if dmu). Help out with coupling, uncoupling and swithing points.
    The second man could also swap in and out of driving with the other player, at stops.
    Beyond that Id move onto a second man being able to spawn at a station on a players route. Get on and relieve or assist the driver.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

The ability to play the role as conducter to open and closed the doors. Check the passengers for tickets and click the guard buzzer

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cal19902010

Cal19902010 New Member

I think a multiplayer with say 10 people in game with the ability to have all 10 running different services running at the same time, you could even make it more interesting and have 9 services running and having 1 person as a sigaller controlling points and signals for people that want to switch tracks as not everyone is going to keep moving or going to be stopping at every station.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Thanks for every train-sim-world fan to being able to share their ideas in my post, hope to see you guys in train-sim-world 2020.

The developers say train-sim-world will have multiplayer, let's keep adding ideas the post is open for everyone who wants to share!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

An ongoing real-time live multiplayer service mode could be interesting. Having to deal with other trains driven by real people could add a lot of variety (as long as everyone tries to play nicely...)

Personally, I don't think it sounds interesting to be the second man or conductor on most trains. You're usually just sitting there most of the time.

9. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

You could do that in Train Simulator now by plugging in a separate keyboard for the fireman. I should think that, once steam comes to TSW, that would work much the same way. It would be more interesting for the fireman if it worked over a network with his or her own point of view, the option to consult the map themselves and so on.
    I can forsee problems with that if one person isn't taking things as seriously as the others and causing delays, running signals and generally klarting* about. Even worse you might get one person taking things much more seriously than everyone else and fuming at the slightest failing.

*That's a northern word- it's not rude.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

one could be a gurard and driver