PC Br Class 40 Tutorial Makes Absolutely No Sense At All.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wolfy, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

First thing the tutorial asks you to do.... Switch on the locomotive tail lights in cab 2.

*FACEPALM*

[​IMG]

WHY on earth would you ever do this, when you have rake of vans coupled to the back of the locomotive?

Tail lights are used to mark the BACK of a train, so the guy in the signal box knows that you have no wagons missing when you pass his signal box. So you are never going to have a tail light between the loco and the stuff it is pulling switched on. It's just common sense.

Oh, and they forgot to put a tail lamp on the back of the tutorial train (and some of those in scenario mode) too. Which breaks every regulation in the book... Can it really be that hard to script a tail lamp on the rear wagon?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Its a tutorial, likely to show you where they are and how to activate and if youre rolling loco only. thatd be my guess

• Like Like x 7
  3. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

The whole point of tutorials is to showcase how to use aspects of the loco for regular service. Showing where switches are and setting tail lights is one of many very important features to driving a locomotive as you stated there for it should be shown how to do it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I really, really don't get it... if such tiny detail means so much to you that you have to write a dramatic forum post about how terrible it is every time, why do you keep buying these?

• Like Like x 11
  5. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

I want TSW to be the best it can be, so i invested in DLC because i want it to succeed... just like everyone else here.

But DTG seem intent on not giving a flying **** with every DLC they release, and it ****** me off to watch the train wreck happen.

Small details add-up, and if DTG can't take the time and care needed to release a polished product, it doesn't really deserve praise, consumer support, and my hard earned cash every month.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

What do you mean by tiny details, don't you consider trains not having a light on the back as being important enough. I've looked through nearly every train in the services section, virtually none of them have tail lamps on, the only ones are the newspaper trains which have the old BR paraffin lamps attached, but, of course, we never have paraffin lamps on the back of petrochemical tanker trains for obvious reasons, can't DTG make proper battery lamps, it's embarrasing driving a train at night with no light on the back, these people are supposed to be professional computer game developers, they have no railway operational knowledge whatsoever, this is the oil train from Manchester that starts at 3.30am, no light on the end, at that time of the day, it's a joke.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. raildan

That's not what he was complaining about, though- and from the head of the train, while not as tiny a detail, still doesn't sound like a "joke" to me. I'm sure they have railway operational knowledge, that's why they didn't have gas lamps on the tanker trains, they simply didn't model a battery powered one.

You can't really expect DTG to be perfect. They will always get some small detail wrong, and that's not because they "don't give a flying ****," it's because the developers aren't magic. You say the small details add up, but unless they're all there at once, they don't- if a loco had a crapton of things wrong with it then sure, no matter how small those individual problems are, I'd be annoyed. But when there's just a couple, they're easy to gloss over, and thus don't really cause a problem for me.

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for him to tell us it has a dirty windscreen and wants his money back!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Well, yes, lamps are missing and that needs fixing but no need to get all emotional about it, let alone saying the folks at DTG don't give a f*** about the game, because that's simply not true.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Pensfanvw

Pensfanvw Member

Wait...it has dirty widows? How do I get my money back?

• Like Like x 4
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It all comes down to the way posts come across. To be honest missing tail lamps are jarring and I hope DTG fix them. It sounds like the other complaints about the tutorial scenario are not really justified, I haven't tried it yet as it took me an hour yesterday to download the add-on thanks to Steam playing up and I was too tired at the end of it.

However the opening post and the subsequent other one just comes across as a rant. I suspect if the OP found no faults you wouldn't see a post on here praising the add-on. It does feel like some people want to find problems and can't wait to come on a forum ranting and raving. Yet you never see any balance from these posts, it is always about the negatives. It happens on many forums.

• Like Like x 5
  12. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

One more complaint, it’s pathetic by force

And otherwise you like the DLC ?

Tss ....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

He actually did for the class 52, but I don't know if he asked his money back ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yep, he may have done so he could buy this

15. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

It has a dirty windscreen and i want my money back.

(The things i do to make you guys happy, hope this made your day).

No, I still have the class 52.

[​IMG]

I may complain about things, but i wouldn't stoop to that level.

• Like Like x 3
  16. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

You are the king , you complain all the time and yet you continue to buy all the DLC.

Are you even satisfied from time to time in your life?
    I do not understand why you continue to denigrate the work of DTG, if you buy everything and you are not happy, get reimbursed instead of permanently rotting DTG.

I have not yet seen a positive post from you MR.
    You are a horror for us and this forum , from now on I will stop reading you and answering you.

PS: You are a troll ? ...

• Like Like x 2
  17. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I think people are rather annoyed by your/any rants and would prefer if criticism is phrased in an objective and constructive manner.

Please don't feel obliged to post anything to "make somebody's day"!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

From my experience, train and plane people are details people. Probably on the spectrum. And I include myself in that. So I do understand where Wolfy is coming from. DTG have picked a tough crowd.

• Like Like x 3
  19. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Being critical of a choice is one thing ... but to throw a hissy fit over items is another. Yes Wolfy is totally entitled to his opinion and if he dislikes dirty windscreens so be it. But forums play a lot more in the development and sustainability of a game than just a place to vent.

I am convinced the amount of negative complaining and nit-picking over trivial flaws and difference of opinion in feature selections added to Flight Sim World’s demise. It was a great work in progress but was competing with other simulations that had years of development time behind them. The default aircraft and scenery were on par with 3rd party add on aircraft, the editor that allowed one to create their scenarios was full featured and useable and a feature unlike any other flight simulator. Negative and hostile reviews surely influenced management. Why continue development on a product where every feature is dissed by hardcore critics.

So yes, when I start seeing serial complainers going out of their way to express their opinions, I will comment and counter with my own comments.

Thanks DTG for showing me where to turn on the taillights on the class 40. Probably didn’t need to energize them in this case, but I know where they are for future reference...

• Like Like x 6
  20. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Small details do add up. We still have a broken engine door on the gp40 and no gangway movement when riding as a passenger. Just a couple off the top of my head.

21. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Come on. DTG are big boys. They chose the market and they knew the market would be meticulous. It's the nature of the beast. I'm sure they can handle criticism from a paying customer and must have fully expected it when the forum was set up.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

But, we've already got one, it's in the Great Western Express route that came out 2 year's ago, here's the screenshot of it.
    All DTG need to do is using the same procedure for the Class 40 disc variant is by using our mouse, we can click on the lamp bracket on the tankers and vans and any other freight wagons that they create in future, and put the appropriate lamp there, battery/oil/paraffin, what's so difficult to implement that on this route, and any other British layouts??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  23. raildan

Didn't realize that somehow, interesting. Good point.