PC Dev Update Every 2 Months Now?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nne4229, Jun 9, 2019.

1. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Are we not getting a may one? Are we getting one anytime soon?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They are very busy working on TSW, there will be one if Matt finds tome to write one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that they're working hard on TSW and I know Matt's mentioned the hours he's putting in. Having said that I must say that I regard providing dev updates,studio updates or what ever name DTG want to call them as being part of working TSW rather than an optional extra that's completely separate. Equally it could be argued that it doesn't need to be Matt alone drafting the article as I'm sure there's leads for each of the main areas involved in producing routes, signalling, locos and simugraph, scenery, optimisation and bug fixing that could chip in brief segments as well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I agree that it is nice to get studio updates monthly, I would also argue that we are receiving multiple DLCs a month and that we don’t really need a studio update because we know what they are working on. If it had been silent for these two months without any DLC or announcements I would be worried but that is not the case.

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I appreciate the Dev updates very much. They give some background on what DTG is working on and it definitely makes me appreciate the various game features better, because I know that features we consider normal actually require a lot of technical knowledge and careful thinking.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

All being quiet, might not be such a bad thing. DTG announced the BR182, went quiet and came back with a Rspid Transit overhaul. If you can get on twitch or stream. Matt and Dmitri have been live on the Dovetail games channel every other Friday 6:30pm GMT answering questions and showcasing the game. https://www.youtube.com/user/RailSimulatorDotCom

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  7. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

This is their official forum ffs...

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The link I gave you is their official channel.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I prefer reading an update which takes me 5-10 minutes above watching a stream of one and a half hour just to pick up a bit of information. Streams are OK, to help you to decide about buying a DLC but video is such a slow and ineffective medium for knowledge sharing ...

• Like Like x 3