PlayStation Modern British Electric

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ras, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Ras

Ras Member

How about British emus ( class 313/ 315/ 350/365/ 370 or electric locomotives ( class 86/87) and instead of diesels all the time, no collectibles, or riding as passengers or so many services around the clock , just driving long distances with changing weather conditions and more ai traffic, more variation of signalling, track workers routes from Kings cross Hertford loop , Euston, st Pancras

• Like Like x 1
  2. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

So you want MORE AI services but don't want it to be based around a strict service timetable? - how would that work?
    And I though British signalling was fairly standardised these days, so how could you have more variation on signalling?

3. Ras

Ras Member

When i say variation i mean as in slow train ahead so a mixture of signals

4. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Ahh, I see!
    Well I don't know how much you have played the game, but this happens many times in services. I have been trying to drive the Class 66 at speed only to be caught behind a commuter service for two or three stations until I can rejoin the fast through line.
    It also happens to me on NTP and TVL, where you get stuck behind a stopping service.

In fact, it only seems to be the class 43 services where you just drive on green/double yellow the whole way with no worry about traffic.
    Obviously this doesn't happen on WSR where it ii mostly single track with station passing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I find I have to create my own ways of making the HST journeys more involving. The dispatcher is quite clever in routing the trains so keeping strictly to the timetable isn't always the most interesting.

If you both get a chance try this one below for instance.
    Importantly in the options menu switch off the next signal hud display
    It's cheating with that on. ;)

Select the 1K34 8:19 Paddington to Newbury.
    Take your time setting up the train making sure you switch on the AWS. Then wait a little while and don't depart until 8:21:30 - you're only 2.5 or so mins late.
    Prepare to concentrate on the view ahead for a lot of the journey. Don't get too complacent with the yellows!
    You can try and see if you can make up for the delayed start (but sticking to the limits) and arrive at Reading on time, it's very tricky.

Since it's a Newbury bound train, if you want to, you can stay onboard and drive it beyond Reading taking the junction to the south. Until it chucks you off.

• Like Like x 1