Tsw: Introducing Amtrak’s “yard Goat!”

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 5, 2019.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

GWE came with three distinct units to begin with, 166, 43 and 66 are very different units

2. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Well yes, but how does that detract from the fact there's no loco dlc? I'm not saying I want a new loco for gwr, just stating that it didn't.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’d be nice to have a freight pack containing some new wagons or the Class 165 to boost the service intensity on GWE.

It’s still well below the service intensity you’d find in real life, even back when it was set in 2016.

4. ARuscoe

Because on the other routes the new DLC provide variety, GWE already has that with one express, one commuter and one freight

5. FallenAngel00me

Again I'll ask, how does that detract from the undeniable fact that gwr has no loco DLC... it doesn't matter what's already there, I correctly said that it has no loco DLC.

Please do not respond with the same thing you have done twice now. (And I clearly stated that I weren't saying I wanted a new loco). My apologies that you have clearly misunderstood 2 posts and I hope this clears it up for you :)

6. ARuscoe

It doesn't
    Didn't realise that pointing out the blatantly obviously was a thing which was allowed by only a select few

7. FallenAngel00me

My first post wasn't to dismiss anyone's opinion(s). I clearly stated that GWR had no DLC. You replied implying it should ever get any because it started with 3 units. RSN started with 3 got a dlc, NEC started with 2, getting dlc. It was a poor reason to why it shouldn't get a dlc.

And for the record I don't actually want a new loco for GWR (I've said this before).

8. ARuscoe

My point was that the DLC tend to be to add differentiation in scenarios and service mode. GWE already had that out of the box (however well implemented)

9. FallenAngel00me

I get that, including when I posted the first post. But for me that isn't a good enough reason to not have more loco DLCs etc. I do think we've got our wires crossed just a little lol.

10. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They could still do a class 08... yes it would be a bad idea, even worse now that we've already seen the 08 twice, but it would fill a new role.

11. ARuscoe

Nah, just two pedants having a bash LOL
    Given the timeframe and the general shortness of the route I don't know what else they would do.
    I'm still waiting to see if they have plans to do extensions or jointing for routes in which case we would end up with more (fingers crossed)

One route I've not seen in any sim is the third rail out of Reading...

12. FallenAngel00me

That's a direction I wouldn't mind DTG taking. Expanding routes. So many branch lines to choose from

13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is getting off topic of the article. ;)

14. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Because people want more lol