Upcoming Release Lirr Commuter: New York - Long Beach, Hempstead & Hicksville

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Apr 9, 2024.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Now I see it and I wonder if they made the third track or still to track between floral park and Hicksville

• Like Like x 1
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Now I understand why they say that New York is one of the most expensive cities in the world!

- I paid for the original NEC and it was never upgraded for TSW 2.

- Then I paid full price for the new NEC again, even if a good part of the route was blatantly copied and pasted from the other route (and they had previously said it couldn't be preserved because it would have to be built all over again). Oh, by the way, I also lost the Amtrak SW 1000 R... because surprise, it couldn't be preserved either.

- I bought the original LIRR. I didn't buy the M3 because it didn't add any service to the timetable, and then it was already included in the Harlem Line route which I also have.

And now they want me to buy the LIRR route again at full price... meaning I have to buy Sunnyside yard for the fourth time, and also NY Penn with its trains magically crossing platforms and pillars. And I don't even get the M3 for free, which is an old DLC and now adds additional services. When instead I saw that the money I paid for the 465 was thrown away because they gave it away with SEHS. And then without even having a loyalty discount on PlayStation like the other platforms do.

Anyway DTG... I've got a silly look on my face but I'm not going to take the bait this time. I like the route but I'll buy it in the future with at least 50% off.

And by the way, with your recycling history I don't rule out that one day you will ask me to buy you the SW 1000 R again in one way or another, you will find a way.

• Like Like x 13
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Nope. It is still the old route

4. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I do get that part. On top of that, there aren't many games out there that allow us to carry over DLC from iteration to iteration, even though console generations. DTG should be commended for this.

Having said that, $40 is a steep price tag for any DLC, much less DLC I already own in some fashion. I want the route, but I'll gladly stick with LIRR 1.0 until a sale pops up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Canadian Follower

Canadian Follower Well-Known Member

Yep. You can definitely tell it is by looking at the distant scenery in this one photo.[​IMG]

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

7. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

So much missed opportunities with this route (it's not even a route) it's an extension!!!

I came back to the forums after a long 2 year hiatus because of the terrible greed that DTG has and I come back and see LIRR finally getting some love. Now yes I love the LIRR but this is ridiculous. Charging $40 for a route (Extension) just with the Long Beach branch and M9 is outrageous. I thought the 3rd track might be in the route same with Grand Central station and Elmont stations. But I'm not seeing this.

This does not surprise me with how much DTG is digging their own grave with their own reputation going down the toilet. If your going to say the same old hilarious defense of "If you don't like it DONT BUY IT" that is not going to help anyone. If anything it shows just how polarizing the community has become. I know we have a few weeks until release but in my eyes this extension is NOT worth $40.

There is no 3rd track as far as I can tell (correct if wrong) Grand Central is not here which is again yet another missed opportunity and I doubt it's that hard to model it because it's UNDERGROUND. Elmont station is NOT present which again which has no excuses for it why it's not in the game. The 3rd track is the final problem, why is it not included. Then again I should not ask because I will get the same generic false response. If the selling point is the M9 and Long Beach I don't know why they are not updating the rest of the route with the 2 new stations and 3rd track.

This route is a mess right now, only way this can be justified is with the Grand Central station, Elmont and 3rd track plus lowering the price to $30 the cost it used to be. $40 for 10 miles + M9 and a "few updates" is NOT worth it as it stands. I strongly suggest DTg to think about this and rethink what they are trying to sell here, because this is going to fail if they don't.

Sorry for my rant but this is crazy, how has things gotten so out of touch with DTG since I last was on the forums. If I said anything thst was mentioned already I apologize.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Canadian Follower

Canadian Follower Well-Known Member

Well said. I’m starting to get into other countries in TSW4, simply because US content is just in a terrible state right now. Looks like I’ll be picking up the SemmeringBahn because it actually looks decent.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

As I like commuter railways all over the world, I am looking forward to getting it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Holy crap it's been so long since I last spoke to you ngl. How you doing???

And yes I understand your frustrations especially when the route is basically a glorified version of the current LIRR route that could've been easily bundled with the M9 as a loco dlc tbh. If they were gonna do Long Beach they could've at least added the Far Rockaway branch as well since it's idk.. LITERALLY right there. Like come on DTG But hey At least the M9 is coming tho... Hopefully it'll sound good

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I have some questions:

- What will happen to the old LIRR 1.0 route if you do purchase 2.0 ? Does it overwrite it (as per SEHSE) making the old M7 obsolete with the toggleable safety systems, circuit breaker panel, door controls & brake charger ?

- What will happen to the existing M7 in the old LIRR 1.0 route if you do not purchase 2.0? Will it be patched and brought into line with MTA's licensing requirements, again making the old M7 with the addtional features obsolete ? Or will 1.0 just be completely removed from the game (as per NEC NY)

• Like Like x 3
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What you "already own" is an unplayable piece of crap.

13. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

No change to LIRR 1.0, if you buy the new one you can still play the old one, if you don't buy the new one you can still play the old one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. rennekton#1349

One wouldn't affect the other. One of them has the new feature set and the m9 while the other one has none of that. With other routes that have been updated/remastered, the old one still exists for older versions of tsw and the new one is only for the new tsw.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blacknred81

Which I find odd, since the old M3 DLC will be updated and can be ran on both routes.

16. solicitr

You know, if you actually read before ranting you could spare yourself some embarrassment.

No, GCT-Madison is not there, and the third track is not there, because the route is set in 2021, before either existed. Why 2021? Because that was the only year in which both M7s and M9s ran on the route. If you want both trains, the date and the route state are fixed.

You also completely overlooked the biggest single upgrade: as opposed to the old route's ghost town timetable, this new one will have some absurd number of services, more even than Brighton, actually making real the "busiest railrtoad in America" claim.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks, thats good to know. While I understand why the M7s needed to be nerfed to accomodate this release...I still would like the option of playing the old M7 with those extra features

18. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

Seriously, your defence of this brand is barf worthy. You need to rein it in a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LIRRGuy

Well... LIRR 1.0 is actually more than unplayable...

20. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

And whose fault is that? The train fairies?

• Like Like x 3
  21. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Er, the M7s haven't been withdrawn yet?

• Like Like x 3
  22. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Oh Lordy, I really hope this route is going to be good and feel new or this forum’s recent rivet meltdown is gonna look like a sparkler in comparison to the oncoming meltdown….

23. MTARaylz

MTARaylz Member

They should have waited then for approval on Sony's and Microsoft's storefronts

• Like Like x 3
  24. Gianluca

Gianluca Well-Known Member

Well, i have to unistall the old version of Lirr when buying this new one

25. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hello . I am from Spain and I was shocked by what I read in your message.

Could you please, if you don't mind, tell me what the incident was about the Yankee who steal the train?

26. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

probably, i imagine it may have been awhile to the point they weren’t going to wait that long.

though I imagine it may have been temporary rather than whenever the individual TSW2 LIRR owners decide to pick it up.

27. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The M3 is being nerfed then? (ie no more brake charger, breaker panel and door controls). What about the M3 on Harlem Line? Im assuming that one is unaffected as it is a different operator/license

28. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

I don’t think it says the M3 is getting an update.

29. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I for one am not paying full price for something I already own, you could have updated LIRR for FREE like you did with wsr, but no, heck the M9 and branch should have been £15 but no….:m

30. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Don't forget we still without the diesel passenger services lol...hence LI City and Hunterspoint Av being ghost town again...First time it was an excuse of not enough reference material lol..Now still no attempt.

Also the article may have said the route is placed in 2021, hence no GCM nor third track then...Me personally, I would've set it in late 2019, when the old schedule used to have multiple LIRR "flyover" on Peak hours...But I def understand bout the GCM and third track.

But we would see how busy this timetable is supposingly going to be, and I'm might get it...After peoples reviews and def on SALE!

• Like Like x 3
  31. LIRRGuy

Ye tbh here I'm pretty sure the route would've been a TSW 5 exclusive if GCM was included (Cause of Liscening hell that GCM would've caused for this route)

32. MTARaylz

MTARaylz Member

The M3A on the Harlem Line is also run by the MTA Metro North Railroad

33. solicitr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_McCollum

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  34. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

1. As someone born and raised in NYC, it’s nice to see the MTA finally focus on the real problems: those pesky train simmers.
    2. I took Lynbrook - Penn and back for about 5 years until I left New York State completely. Had many good nights at the bars on sunrise highway out that way. So this being my home route, money is no object, although I understand the complaints of the less sentimental folks.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to go against the grain here. Much as I have been critical of DTG recently I'm giving them a round of applause for bringing this project to fruition when many of us doubted that they would or could.

I sense that they have worked very hard not only to develop this route but even more so to overcome the licensing issues that they had to deal with and bring LIRR2 to market. Every successful negotiation requires compromises.

This revamp of LIRR is something many have asked for and DTG have answered the call. We can argue about pricing and the console players have a legitimate beef but I repeat what I said earlier: the final Steam price of $31-32 is a fair ask for the effort put in.

" Shields up Mr Sulu!! "

• Like Like x 17
  36. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  37. rennekton#1349

Only the m7 and m9 for lirr 2.0 is being affected. They didn't mention anything about other dlc or the m3 where the problems weren't as severe as now. Also they have been out a while, so changing them is kinda pointless if you are talking about safety concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Excuse me but I have nothing to stop thank you very much and I am certainly not white knighting anything!

If neither Microsoft or Sony won't allow dtg to do certain things such as bigger launch discounts then just how exactly is it their fault?

• Like Like x 2
  39. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Don't worry I didn't forget about you :) Embarrassment is fine we all get it. And if you haven't then your not living it real yet. But man your comments always enlightened me with how you pretty much respond to everyone. Your passive aggressive in your choice of words yep that's you. It didn't surprise me that you were still on here. Me oh I have moved on, not worth my time on these forums. Life is great when you take stuff like this out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I'm doing great, nice to see your still active on here. Life is awesome now, especially that I don't give DTG any money either because they don't deserve my hard earned cash. I spend it on essentials and now that I live in a wonderful house it's great. Long gone are my train days with the MTA. Same with TSW still hard to think them greedy folks at DTG are on the 4th game.
    Fan boys still hilarious as ever too. I do remember some of the big people like Stujoy and if Anthony Pecoraro is too well yeah. Long time no see though. Hope all is well

• Like Like x 3
  41. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I am not back forever. I only came back because a former transit operator who I worked with on the LIRR told me about this news that this game is getting a new LIRR update. I said well hell might as well come back for a few weeks to see what it's like now.

For reference I have been off here for 2 years. Last time I was on here was when the M3 came out for TSW 2020. At least when I was active

• Like Like x 3
  42. transit#2102

transit#2102 Member

Okay there’s a lot going on here with the Lirr 2.0… my thing is yeah it was heavily needed of an upgrade imo. Now yes it might be the old one but tbh it was expected, and I’m not taking nobody side as only my own. So I’ll say this as Dtg or Dovetail themself with reusing the game itself and just adding the LongBeach branch, I’m a bit sad that we didn’t get the Grand Central expansion as that’s the main highlight for commuters that use it and definitely should have been added. Also they could have added the Far Rockaway Branch, the thing is literally right there with the Long Beach Branch, and or add the Port Washington one since in the Old Map they have services going there.. now I’m aware that it takes practical licenses for that but come on this was something most transit/none people was excited for but nope… now I don’t want to make it seem like a rant no, I’m trying to be reasonable here but at the same time it’s just pitiful. Now as far as the safety system thing, yeah MTA shot themself in the foot with doing that to DTG like most people like myself don’t care about it as I like the realism and I’m pretty good at operating the trains with them on, but it kinda sucks as now I can’t turn system on or off and I can’t charge the brakes I usually love doing with the M7 and M3…. And then the camera situation shouldn’t be a big thing but whatever. I only guess is because out here in NYC people do conquest the trains, subway wise… but they’ve tried with the railroad trains as well hence why MTA don’t like too much of the realism of the trains itself I’m assuming and people out here in NYC can see that and then gain the knowledge of how the train works so then they can break into it and have the keys for the doors etc. That’s my main thought for that or could come close to. But if that’s the main issue….. why worry about it now? DTG has been giving us realism stuff for years so why mess with something like that if it’ll only hurt them and us.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  43. Blacknred81

I think I mixed my words, the M3 has been getting some updates over the past month or so (Though I don't now what those updates actually did)

44. LIRRGuy

I'm glad to hear life is awesome. I'm happy for you man. Yea I'm still playing Train Sim World 4 until they announce their inevitable TSW 5 sequel and after that I'm gonna disappear from the community. The fanboys have increased since you last were active here so you ain't missing much thankfully

• Like Like x 2
  45. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

I don’t think it’s fair for those who own TSW original LIRR to be calling for the new version to be 50% off, that’s way too much to ask, what they are getting is the M9, route upgrade and extension

50% off knocks it down to £15, trains go for £13-15 now, so the M9 is worth at least £13 and I think the extension and upgrade will be worth more than the £2

Store take and tax included aswell

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  46. tcarter16

tcarter16 New Member

They should have at least added the main line third track

• Like Like x 1
  47. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

I’ve been thinking the route if it’s as busy as the real one is meant to be along with the fact it’s got branch lines and will most likely have the penn layers, it will be getting pretty performance heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  48. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So is M3 now going to be attached to the new route?

Can I delete the old LIRR route or do we need it still installed to acess the M3?

49. dr1980

dr1980 Active Member

At first I was worried about the safety systems being forced on, so I tried driving the Harlem Line with all safety systems on and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too hard to get the hang of. I only had one penalty application due to me releasing the brakes slightly too early when decelerating below a new limit.

Anyway, looking forward to the new route/extension and the M9s.

• Like Like x 3
  50. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Trenton is “fed” by original LIRR, so you will need it for layers on NEC Trenton and I doubt the layers will be switched to the new M7 (dependent on however that will be implemented remains to be forseen)

the M3 isn’t coming with the new route so needs to remain as it is if you want it anywhere.

There’s also the matter of whether you will still use the original LIRR, for the scenarios will be different as will the timetable.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1