Trans Pennine Lights

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by transitmiguel142, Jun 9, 2019.

1. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

Dont know if this is a bug or not but when i put the lights on i can't see in the tunnels it's all black i checked the front of the train and i see the lights on, however like i said in the tunnels it's like they're not on at all, any help would be gladly appreciated thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

It's completely normal, in the eighties the lights on the train were not supposed to light the track, they were just an indicator for others that the train was operational. So don't worry, it's normal that you cannot see anything in the tunnels!

• Like Like x 2
  3. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

Thanks for your info i thought it was a bug i really didn't know how old this line was lol, I was worried that it was a glitch

• Like Like x 2
  4. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

UK trains generally operate with marker lights, not headlights.
    The idea being everyone else around can know your train is operational, which direction it might be moving in, or that you are already heading their way.
    There is little need for headlights, by the time they shine on something, you will be about to hit it.
    This is a reason that freight yards and passenger stations all have high level floodlighting. - they are areas where hazards or people/vehicle movements exist.

5. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

I didn't realize that, knowing that, its going to make driving that much more fun!!!!

6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

How I put the Passenger light on? Because there is all dark in the Class 101 in Tunnel or Night and I think on the other trains also

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

In the 101 there is a toggle switch and some buttons to turn both the passenger and guard compartment lights on. It's situated on the console just to the right of of the handbrake. (You will probably have to stand up to get to it)

Your passengers will appreciate the illumination. :)

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

B6C0CEDC-ECCA-4F36-9345-BD74D95BF4BB.jpeg