Route Semmeringbahn - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by DTG Alex, Apr 18, 2024.

1. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I spotted a thing, related to DTGs "out of control" situation in not fixing bugs, which is more and more becoming a problem and will soon be a big problem if they not pay attention.

The shimmns 708 have all wrong wagon weights of the loaded type. Obviously they are copied from the LFR shimms, which have the same wrong wagon weight (loaded) for 1 year.
    On linke rheinstrecke there is 1 scenario with a steel train, where the weight is setup right, but all timetabled or spawned trains, weight almost the same empty ans loaded. Currently its 10 tons loading weight, which wouldnt make any sense for a wagon of loaded with steel coils.
    New route, same wagons and the bug is now present on semmering too.
    A 30 wagon train is just 1000tons with the loco?

(Same for the br red 185.2 for tsw4, DTG decided to not fix the braking indicators of this loco back on tharandter ramp, where it was the Railpool version. So they copied the corrupted loco , and added it with a red paint to tsw4 vorarlberg, with exactly the same bugs. Brake indicator not working.)

Thats exactly why its important to fix the reported bugs, because i would be ashamed of selling old bugs in a new route. I have tsw for my own reasons, but i understand players, who start to loose patience with DTG

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 13
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Very nice route and loco. Also congrats on making the loco immediately added value to other routes. Performance is surprisingly good on PS5.

The only annoyance so far was having to figuring out myself how the headlights work.

I also haven't seen Vectrons on the route

• Like Like x 2
  3. meridian#2659

This has to be adressed asap, tired of that substitution mess since tsw4....

• Like Like x 5
  4. palecek.m

palecek.m New Member

Have you ever tested on PS4? its absolutly lagging. Call me when you repair it. Thx

5. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

If you look at my video you can noticed whats i written already...

I set the AFB to 80km/h and when the train gets rolling the PZB restricted mode kicked in and the AFB speed changed to 45km/h until the restriction is gone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Seemmeringbahn is a very beautiful route I've only drove the 1116 on the route one passenger and one Freight run sounds as far as I remember are very good to a real life. Its a Shame that only the second class coaches are available but I don't think that's a game changer. Haven't seen a vectron sub in yet and don't now if liveries will sub aswell I haven't got any liveries for the 1116 yet.
    Live stream was my first look and impressions.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/2TqBUD8YE6E?si=Jx226crTbxDcY_iu

7. Mertcan

Mertcan Member

Hey Man!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

As you come out of Gloggnitz and turn right on to the mountain railway in the 80kph section. There is a very short section of track that should be very slightly super elevated before and through a set of points. However in the game the superelevation doesn't start until after the set of points. Thanks.

9. Xander1986

I have a little idea whats going wrong there... This could be a cause of the point that there are 2 different locos in the menu. 1 with the Vectron Express and 1 with the other freight layer and i guess there could be a problem when its loading only the 1 from the Vectron Express and not the other 1 with the freight in it. If i'm thinking very simple why this is add as a separate one the Vectron Express?! Add them in the complete layer and i will guess for 99% sure it will work flawless with both layers from 1 group!

DTG Matt Can you confirm this if i'm right there?!

10. ColaLover22

ColaLover22 Member

Double Clicking Ctrl + A works for the roadrunner

• Like Like x 2
  11. Heerenrailfan92

Heerenrailfan92 Active Member

Great route, lovely scenery. But just a question. Are the Railtours gone for the PS4? Neither the 104 or the Class 47 appear

12. Xander1986

Thats a Vectron setting not for the 1116!

Correcting: CRTL+A double tapping works!

13. Melanie

Melanie New Member

Yay my first NPC Kill in TSW4 at Mürzzuschlag.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Schwellennagel

Schwellennagel New Member

I can not use the ÖBB Bmz in the Formation Designer

15. meridian#2659

Substitution has become a huge problem since tsw4. Im on pc (steam) and have only the core locos spawning on the DRA route. Br187?, didnt spawn a single time ever since. 185.5 locos i saw 14x in a 6 hours session, and a few 143 on freight trains. Nothing else of all the others in the menu.

Modders say its the addon manager, which is causing the mess. I cant really proofe its true or not. But looking at the wien neustadt, not a single vectron is there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xander1986

Im on pc as well but the 155 is no problem its a few locos that did not apear

17. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

There is a dip in the landscape between the retaining wall and the embankment at Wolfsbergkogel that you can't get out of when on foot. Wolfsbergkogel.jpg

18. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

You don't even need the CTRL. The Taurus' roadrunner is triggered by tapping twice on the throttle alone. So, twice on A.

• Like Like x 1
  19. duki

duki Member

There are no stopping markers at many (nearly all?) stations.

In Pottschach there is a level crossing, but it is built with a steel garden fence(?), why?

The 4024 is still in wrong headlight mode when starting.
    Also why don't you provide us the cityjet livery? It's the third occurence of the 4024 so far.. At least give us a new livery.

The PIS of the 4024 can't handle 'Payerbach-Reichenau'.

On Salzburg-Rosenheim there is an EC pair, one is driving to Klagenfurt but the return train departs at Salzburg. This is minor but doesn't make sense.
    Wish there would be more passenger services with the 1116 on this route.

I hope on Vorarlberg there will be a lot of passenger services with the 1116 to get this route live.

20. cabbepe#2092

cabbepe#2092 Member

Well, I'm not a normal simmer, as I'm visualy impaired, so the HUD works as a visual aid for me. If you can see 10 lines (full eyesight) at the opticians letterboard, I can see three.
    I've tried the other settings and it works to a certain point. For German and Austrian trains I need the HUD. And for steam engines. Yes, there are distance measuring and speed limits on the simple HUD, but they blur out for me. So I'm stuck with the HUD. The medals don't matter. As you see I far from driving a train in real. No driving licenses for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I was skeptical about this route and deliberately didn't play it until today to see what the reaction was in case I wanted to refund. I definitely won't be refunding. I really like it. Now - I have never been on any part of this route so I can't say anything to the accuracy, but the scenery over the mountains is really nicely done and a lot better than I was expecting. I've mostly been driving freight and taking double headed freight trains over the mountain is really enjoyable for me, the dynamic weather seems to be working well on this route. Another thing I really like is that the yards towards Wiener Neustadt are nice and full with a good variety of freight

The one thing annoying me though, as mentioned a few times already, where are the Vectrons, I thought they were mean't to sub in. I've been driving up and down most of the afternoon and haven't seen a single one.

Anyway - Mostly happy. For me this continues the trend of noticeable better routes recently (from DTG) with the one exception of Maintalbahn. If only they'd made a little more effort to get the substitution right and to put the missing first class coach in. 7/10 from me - definitely worth it. Could have easily been a 9/10 with a bit more work. Would love to see DTG listen to feedback and say they ran out of time for the first class coach, but they'll add it later.... Think I'm probably dreaming though.

22. Xander1986

No i was thinking the same and i have test it... If you use "A" the lever is gone forward but with "CTRL+A" you let the lever on the same state and use the Roadrunner

23. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Breitenstein - So, OK I get that this is just representative of what should be there. But, this would be lethal in real life, so perhaps put a fence around it, or put in a more representative electrical supply frame? Breitenstein.jpg
    Klam - KM post markers not showing correctly. Eichberg has similar issues.
    Klamm.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  24. Xander1986

The first photo is realistic but not how the engergie system is.... There is no fence on it... Is in Austria a very common thing! I think you never visit Austria otherwise big change you have seen that!

EGxf8K1X0AcANzt.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  25. Xander1986

Here is a better view....

87212878.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  26. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

I don't know if somebody already wrote it but I noticed that if I am driving the 1116 it always seems like there is fog so the colours look very washed out. Has anyone else noticed that? And a small thing I think the AFB breaks to hard. Playing on Series X.

27. Xander1986

Yeah the loco is strange glowing and shining.
    The AFB is not for braking. Train Drivers braking always manual! What you noticed is why

• Like Like x 1
  28. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I visit Austria frequently (mostly Graz). Your second photo shows the proper installation (with a fence around most of it) and the power cables are much higher above the ground. It would have been nice to have that modelled in the route.
    My point about putting a fence around the modelled item was meant "tongue in cheek" (mit einem Augenzwinkern) because IRL the flashover for 15Kv is between 3m and 7m depending upon conditions. I just wanted to make sure the DTG passengers are safe ;-)
    Besides - there is a fence around the unit at Schlogmuhl. :)

29. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Just watched a video shot on Summeringbahn, on the pass, of passing trains. Of note, freights varied from a single loco to 3. Also, the RailJet trains were fairly evenly split between the red/black and a blue/white livery. Loco type 1144 was present on a number of the freights and 1016 (?) on some of the RailJet trains. Did not see a single 4024, but a number of City Shuttle trains. I have tried to post the link but not working. The poster is trainspottrs. He shot a number of trains with that hotel in the background.

30. lusterpetich#5402

lusterpetich#5402 Member

Dear ladies and gentlemen from DTG
    DTG Alex
    DTG Matt
    DTG Lukas
    Here is my feedback on the Semmeringbahn DLC Scenery

There are some places where a high-voltage converter is right in the garden of a single-family house.
    The forest in St.egyden is completely wrong.
    At Spital am Semmering there is no access to platform 2. You have to walk across the track, which is not correct.
    And there is a lack of grass almost everywhere, you can only see the green ground textures, which looks very bad. Gloggnitz in the direction of Wiener Neustadt. (and no it's not because of my game settings, everything is on Ultra)

Taurus 1116
    1: The door control is not shown correctly on the display If the doors are open the "T" should flash yellow when they are closed again then the yellow flashing "T" goes out and a solid blue "T" is displayed But in the simulation it is constant blue regardless of whether it is open or closed

See video link (poor resolution but you can see it) ()

2: And Lukas said in the preview Stream that the kWh counter in the displays works but this also doesn't work.

In my opinion a very bad route if you look at Salzburg Rosenheim you can see that you have what it takes when it comes to scenery but it seems that once again quantity was used instead of quality which is very disappointing.:|

• Like Like x 5
  31. Xander1986

If you expect that kind of "realistic" than you're job should be traindriver ;)

• Like Like x 1
  32. Xander1986

Strange thing here in the overview....
    I drove to fast inside the max trackspeed?! Interesting....
    20240419195159_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  33. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

vectron liveries not selectable on freight services in Semmeringbahn. CC liveries only opens Vectron express timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Xander1986

That is explaining a little more what i already written there is something serious wrong!

35. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

An update to this.

Seems like it's a UI bug and it is tracking as Tier 2 is open for me now

36. meridian#2659

Lol, that power rack looks like southern columbia ;). The real one is good visible on google maps, also with street view: Just immagine the effort went into that "object", to represent it in the least recognizable way possible.

37. meridian#2659

Wasnt there mentioned the 1116 will sub into vorarlberg?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i did the scenario help for hero's or something like that, anyway you play the banker engine. once i hooked on to the train i was banking and got under way. i zoomed out of the engine to the engine that was pulling and i found that there was no driver driving the train. Hmmm. im on PS 5

39. Xander1986

Yeah will arrive a little later! There is an update needed but it will come for freight services

40. jlw#8634

jlw#8634 New Member

The 1116 derails when going 230 kmph

41. Xander1986

With wagons? So yes? Thats the reason we have no wagons that can run that speed!

42. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I really like the route so far! Also the Taurus is a good addon. Especially the sound seems to be quite immersive. However, there are one or two things I have noticed.

Only one thing about the route itself, all other stuff has already been mentioned (I think).
    ==> Driving towards Semmering, the signal just in front of the Pottschach plattform has a 500Hz magnet installed, however, it is about 700m (or more) in front of it. This is definately not right, as you would have to slow down way to early and the 500Hz influence is gone far before the actual signal.

The rest of the observations are for the Taurus:
    ==> The AFB behaviour is wrong, as it has been for so many German locos before (apart from a few). The AFB should disable itself as soon as you use one of the brake levers. It should never interfere with manual braking by the driver, even if the driver does not brake as heavy as the AFB would do!
    ==> Interaction PZB / AFB is wrong. It is correct that AFB limits your speed to PZB supervised speeds while accelerating. However, your interpretation of the AFB also brakes when I acknowledge PZB. According to my understanding it is correctly modelled on the Vectron, which does not show this behaviour. And it does not make sense. When I acknoledge a, say, 80kph speed restriction while driving 100kph, I dont want to start braking right away. I have time for a nice, slow and smooth braking application. Instead the Taurus AFB throws everyone in my train accross their seats...
    ==> Actual tracktion motor (TM) power is not shown equal to selected TM power. Ideally they should be equal without a gap between them.
    upload_2024-4-19_22-27-56.png
    ==> I find all lighting of the loco a little dark. Especially the high beams should be brighter for a modern loco. Also the table spot light is quite dark. At least in the German 182s this is dimmable (pretty shure its the same on the 1116). The switch sits where you have placed the windshield wipers switch. This switch should then be where your PZB mode switch sits.
    ==> I found it a missed opportunity that the "TR" (Trennstellen) button is not simulated. Also, "Trennstellen" are not actually simulated on this route (apart from the signs). Also the loco does nothing when passing one on another route.

• Like Like x 6
  43. jlw#8634

jlw#8634 New Member

No, I just spawned the 1116 on free roam without waggons

44. Caravatt

Caravatt Well-Known Member

Have any of you already noticed, in GAG 48105 Part 2/DG 54505 services, the presence of a car transporter wagon attached behind an IC convoy? This is the second Intercity that you encounter in the opposite direction to yours.
    Oh, and car transporters wagons don't have their rear warning plates!

45. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

I think the PZB on this route could do with a once over. When running a local service from Wiener Neustadt to Mürzuschlag, I encountered four instances where there should have been a 1000 Hz PZB magnet, but there was nothing. Two of these instances where on the approach to Mürzuschlag.

The first one was the next to last signal before the bay platform at Mürzuschlag. The vorsignal indicated either expect 40 kph or expect stop, I don't remember exactly. Either way, there was no 1000 Hz PZB magnet. The signal in question: 20240419232924_1.jpg

Then the last signal before the bay platform at Mürzuschlag didn't have a 1000 Hz activation either even though the repeater with the yellow border showed expect stop. This is the signal: 20240419232611_1.jpg

I don't remember exactly where the other two occurrences were, but in both cases it involved a vorsignal showing expect 60 kph without a 1000 Hz magnet.

• Like Like x 4
  46. Xander1986

Okay thats not nice but not a really big deal.... We have no trains that support but only in free-roam. It should be fixed let me be clear but not an emergency now.

47. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

It is 100% so.

I do not play with Sifa enabled (only PZB) on locos like this. On the 1116, it is particularly annoying because there is not only a beep (which would be annoying enough for sure) but an Austrian lady is pronouncing "Zug-be-ein-flus-sung" very clearly and slowly.

48. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I do not know if there is a better term. It is basically an audio problem.

On PS5, the circle key O resets any type of alarm. PZB and Sifa in particular on German trains.

In a real train, pressing the Sifa button only gives a light "click". Acknowledging PZB gives a different sound, depending on the loco. Might be a beep (112, 143) or a voice (ICE, 182).

In some newer locos (like the DRA 143), the game recognizes what you want to do. If you acknowledge PZB, it gives the respective sound. If there is no need to acknowlegde PZB, it considers the press of the button as pressing Sifa.

So basically, the problem with the 1116 is that every few seconds, you just want to press Sifa but an Austrian sounding woman tells you about "Zugbeeinflussung":

• Like Like x 2
  49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That isn't Sifa. That's PZB.

50. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, there is a VERY annoying bug with the Taurus which needs fixing: if you ever get yourself into a PZB Zwansbremsung, the "Zugbeeinflüssung" recording gets into an infinite loop- after you've stopped, after you've cleared PZB, after you get going- all the way to the end of the route! The damn voice was still repeating when the game kicked out to the scoring screen.

REALLY irritating bug.

• Like Like x 1