PlayStation Wsr & Class 47 Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kidbooo, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Kidbooo

Kidbooo New Member

Hello everyone,,,
    I have 2 queries regarding the WSR I'd be grateful for your expertise with:

1. When driving on the WSR would the DSD and AWS be activated? I know this is a preserved railway with semaphore signalling but do the same safety systems apply in the cab in this route? There looks to be AWS magnets at certain points on the line and an internal camera option
    for the AWS dial. If so how do you turn on AWS? (I've found the DSD switch)

2. Class 47 braking - In the tutorial you are advised to apply the drivers brake to initial application to stop. When I started the showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ first scenario today driving light engine to Bishops Lydeard I found for the first 15 minutes or so I was using drivers brake when pressing L1/L2 and then at somepoint this seemed to change and when I pressed those buttons on my keypad it was applying the straight brake? I take it the drivers brake is the brake generally to use when driving the 47?

Is the PS4 controller supposed to apply drivers brake when using your L1/L2 buttons?

Thanks for any advice on this and also thanks for replies to my previous queries regarding PZB :)

Cheers….

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

1. Yes the WSR does have active AWS. If I remember correctly though they are only to advise on speed changes. The switches to turn it on are behind the drivers seat near the top of the bulkhead. Both levers, on the left and right of the box, need to be switched on. Remember to deactivate when you swap ends.
    The DSD might be useful in keeping you awake since it can seem like slow progress at 25mph. :)

2. Firstly pressing the square* button on the controller alternates between the brake options, straight and train. Unusually it can also swap over when you stand up!
    I tend to use the straight brake when light engine since it's more direct in activation. It's also useful for applying a continued light braking force on descents where applying the train brake on and off would result in the whole train slowing down and speeding up constantly.

* The square button is actually round, but you know what I mean. :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019