PlayStation Zoom Option

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by transitmiguel142, Jun 22, 2019.

1. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

I see that in the PC version of the game there is a zoom option so you can clearly see the guages better in better detail, i wish that this can be implemented in the ps4 version using the controller as a mouse, maybe grasping at straws but one can only wish.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I asked about this. Not enough buttons available on console controllers apparently so wasn’t included

• Like Like x 1
  3. idiosis

idiosis Member

Which is a rubbish excuse when you consider the amount of controls Elite Dangerous managed to squeeze onto a gamepad.

I mean take up and down on the dpad for example, currently only used* for gear shifting on the Class 101. Instead DTG should change it so while holding down on the dpad you can shift gears by moving the right stick up or down, which would free the up dpad for a zoom function across all locos.

*aside from turning off the bell on NEC, which is a total waste of a keybind, plus nobody plays the route cos it's broken still years after release.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've often thought we haven't got a zoom function because the consoles suffer from slightly fuzzier textures and zooming in would make them appear even more fuzzy. But even so it would still be useful.

• Like Like x 2
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Not enough buttons, really? What’s wrong with using the touchpad, swipe up from the bottom to zoom in and swipe down from the top to zoom back to the regular view. Can still press the touchpad to view the route.

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

There's a option on the accessibility menu on PS4, you can activate the PS home button + square to zoom in, but yeah, pretty poor textures when you do that.
    We need at least full HD(1920x1080p) on consoles...

• Like Like x 1
  7. idiosis

idiosis Member

Only problem with that is would it translate to the Xbox, which doesn't have the same functionality.

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They could do a different button mapping for the Xbox Controllers. Plenty of options there aswell if you look at Controls for other games. But they did choose the Camera Selection model on Consoles. I would like the zoom function aswell, its handy to read the Speedometer and taking a closer look at the next signal.

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I thought that after using the PS4s own zoom shortcut not a train sim world function (accessibility)and seeing the blurry textures. This wont be the case if a proper zoom command was in the game though as ...
    The game engine itself will only focus high resolution on what the player is immediately looking at, so should adjust and work as well as the PC if implemented.

10. idiosis

idiosis Member

Rob39 it's more of a texture filtering issue - but if you crouch in the cabs and push the camera as close to the desk as possible, most of the dials become fairly readable.

11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Now more apparent than ever. With all the switching and intricate systems. Consoles need a working mouse.

• Like Like x 1