Community Challenge Reward Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The CC rewards have been up to now a mixed bag because consel players may not be able to use some of them,so how about a future reward of a dlc peice of rolling stock for one of the routes in tsw,if the challenge related to it is met,it added to the store of each system for download for all systems game owners.Note the challenge doesn't have to be easy either,just set a goal that be worth whatever effort it took to create the new peice of rolling stock.The challenge is more rewarding earning something more then just a rarely seen wallpaper or picture.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not sure console players are the reason why the rewards have so far been wallpapers. Haven't seen that stated by DTG anywhere so I'm assuming that's your own opinion.

Agree that they should be better and a DLC is s good idea. Not sure they would give something like that out free but it would be ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

If we meet the goal we could get a piece of rolling stock. If we exceed it by so much a engine, and if we get double maybe a route half price or a free route extension. Though my idea is very unlikely.

4. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I agree, this does sound very nice, but unlikely.
    I would be happy with a new livery for an existing loco. This should not take too much timeto make, but would be more useful than wallpapers. Could be added in the stores as a free DLC, so console players as well as PC players could get the new livery

• Like Like x 3
  5. shorti

shorti New Member

I think free rolling stock or route extension are to much as a reward for the community challenge.
    But if they make the Challenge more spezific for one country, maybe we can get a new repaint for a suitable locomotive.

Example: Deliver XYZ tonnes of goods on RSN or MSB and you get a new repaint for the DB BR 185.2.
    Proposal:
    185 399 - spezial livery for the 399th locomotiv
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/loks-privat/7345881550
    185 389 - spezial livery for environment friendly transport
    https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deut...okportrait-von-185-389-4-db-schenkeraudi.html

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  6. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

DTG give a free thing?! That’s only a Dream. Probably, we would get a Livery, but from flickr

7. Big Papi34

How would a free train car be to much?

8. Big Papi34

Ok here's some liveries they can model.
    Amtrak acs-64 642 30447228817_916d07035b_b.jpg CSX Spirit Units including Spirit of West Virginia 7199762918_c29c59c495_b.jpg
    BR class 43 and 166 First Great Western liveries. P7068746.jpg 166201_ActonMainline_180510 (182)-L.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

Now thats also a good idea a free loco livery and you make a simple update to,what about a vote option.1 put togather maybe 5 different liverys and have a vote on which livery is most wanted for each month and have a challenge to earn that livery,or just make 3 to 5 liverys and make it a set as a reward for a monthly challenge.

10. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I would imagine a free loco is probably a bit much and even rolling stock is quite complex. Also both would need to be integrated into the game to fully make use of them

Yeah a livery might be good.

My suggestion however - How about some bonus scenarios? It would help in keeping the routes fresh and maybe keep everyone interested in getting the "reward".

In fact route specific scenario packs as dlc would perhaps be a good idea too.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Big Papi34

I like how this sounds. I just thought of something else though it might only work for American trains on routes such a NEC and Heavy Haul. For a month or possibly two you get a extra engine. But the extra engine isn't CSX. It's engines being leased from other railroads. Like a Union Pacific SD70ACe. A Norfolk Southern es44ac. A CSX ET44AH. A Canadian National sd70m-2. A Canadian Pacific ac4400cw. There could be plenty more than this. For the German and UK routes they could also have a free engine for a month or two.

12. jcalex023

jcalex023 Member

Here some other suggestion Livery for Trains in Train sim world [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. SHINO BAZ

After some thinking about possible rewards,seniros are alway fun challenges,so why not a seniro pack for completing a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I think the only way that's really feasible would be discounts rather than genuine exclusive content. That content still needs to be produced, tested, integrated in the game and everything. All that for nothing, from a financial standpoint? Sure, player goodwill is a thing, but even the most pro-consumer dev in the world would probably have a hard time getting himself to do that.

In other words, "Drive 185,2 kilomters in the BR185.2 by the end of the week and you'll get 25% off that livery pack we just released." is something I could hypothetically see happening.
    However "Drive 185,2 kilomters in the BR185.2 by the end of the week and you'll be among the select few who get the route Extension to [insert destination]... at all..."? Nope. Not not good. Even for us players. It would kinda suck if you happen to have to work a lot or be on vacation the week you'd have to drive the TRAXX, if that would mean you have no chance of getting the add-on.