Tsw: Freight Over The Pennines!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 6, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Get ready to climb aboard the iconic BR Class 40 and get shunting in the BR Class 08 – the BR Heavy Freight Pack is available now for Train Sim World!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 13
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

... and it's magnificent. Well, perhaps that's a bit premature, but this DLC is a doozey! The best shunting challenges yet in TSW -- and I'm stating that after just a couple of work sessions.
    I'm hoping that DTG will carry on in this direction: adding rolling stock, scenarios, and sessions to existing DLC as adjuncts to new route creations. Service NH01 for the 08 is a superb and tricky piece of craftsmanship that requires strict attention to ... well, I won't spoil it for anyone else, but just note that I had to restart this gem several times before catching a ... take a try for yourself.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Just purchased it, thanks for the impressions LastTrain. I always enjoy the shunting challenges and looking forward to trying out the new locos on NTP

4. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

LastTrainToClarksville
    Re that service, how the hell do you pull the wagons, all brakes are off but I;m getting no traction?

Nevermind, Didn't have the vacuum brakes selected.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the others -- best addition yet - adds life to the all ready fine route - switching (or shunting) activities are fun and a fantastic break from the typical drive from point A to B. Quality of the 08 and whistler bodes well for TSW's future. Really looking forward the "Yard Goat" to add the same. Like LastTrainToClarksville, I hope to see more packs like this released adding to existing routes with period appropriate rolling stock, locomotives and activities.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Add a class 25 at the bottom of Miles Platting bank to give me a shove and it'll be perfect..

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The 40s do sound very good. Love how they erupt into life. I'm rarely out of notch 10. :o

• Like Like x 1
  8. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the 40 has the best sound yet. I open the door and windows in the Cab while driving!

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

And that's exactly the reason that I had to begin it 3 times before reading the description paragraph that was right there "under my nose" all the time. Let's keep that in mind wherever Gronks and goods vans come together, shall we?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I played NH01 and the biggest challenge of that service was the time of day....could not see my nose in front of me ! I had no issue with the brake settings or switching....completed it on 1st attempt ;)

11. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Yeah, won't be making that mistake again. Man I love this game.. Dream come true having this on ps4.

12. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i tried this shunting service it was ok until another AI shunter came and blocked my route. So i waited about 5 mins to see it would move but it didnt. i then decided to go and move it myself back to where it came from. i got back to my shunter then a AI 47 came and blocked my route, so i gave up with this service. NH01 van move 1

13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I have played this service and the first time I collided with a 47 light loco. The second time I waited for the light loco to couple then move out of the yard. But it ended up blocking the route I needed. The third time I quickly got out of the yard before the light loco couples to the coaches and pulls it out of the yard. I think the timing is quite tight with that one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

I dont think this should be on a timer. when i was a shunter many years ago on 08 and 09. in yards you stayed in your siding until you was told to by the head shunter to move. What i am saying is when shunting movements by the 08/09 where being made engines or trains stayed put in the sidings until you was told to move or even signalled. it didnt matter if you was 5,10 mins late you stayed where you was.

• Like Like x 1
  15. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

We need GWE DLC

16. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Class 800 & 802 would be nice!

• Like Like x 1
  17. UnlimitedMagic

Yep and a 387

18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Electric trains will not work on GWE.

19. UnlimitedMagic

They would
    Dovetail could add the overhead wires and add the trains

20. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

The class 387 probably wouldn't, but the Class 800 & 802 (if I am not mistaken) are also diesel

21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

You can’t just ‘add wires’ to the current route. As mentioned many times already, a lot of things have changed since the electrification was done and when it was set in the game (2016). This includes extended platforms, different track and signalling, and many more things.

It’s a whole lot different to what we have in GWE, so a whole new route would be required.

• Like Like x 5
  22. UnlimitedMagic

You have a good point
    Am I the only one awake at 1:00am

23. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Please use a different thread for this discussion about GWE, this thread is about the BR Heavy freight DLC

• Like Like x 5
  24. Counsels

Counsels New Member

We are considering how best to enhance the current capability and capacity for cross-Pennine bulk and intermodal rail freight between a range of origins and destinations.

25. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

We?

It'd be great if that was possible of course.

26. felixfer

felixfer New Member

Hi all. I like very much this DLC, too. I have a question about the "Standedge Struggle Scenario". The train has two "Class 40" locomotives, but when I drive I get the impression that only one of them is running. If that's true, the second one is just dead weight, right? Is there any possibility that the two work at the same time? Something similar to the American locomotives when they work as multiple units? Thank you for your attention, greetings.

27. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The cl.40 is blue star MU equipped, so you will see in tsw even the jumper cables are connected. When i drive in "Multiple Unit", both class 40 produce power. The 100t Tankers have quiet a weight when they are loaded. Their empty weight its just around 36 tons, so you would definetly notice the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  28. felixfer

felixfer New Member

Thank you very much, you are right, with external camera I could note how the second unit expels smoke according to the first one.