PC Missed Opportunity With Nec And Yard Goat Release

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LeadCatcher, Jun 21, 2019.

1. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have been looking forward to the release of the "Yard Goat" and Cab car for the NEC with hopes that the long time standing signal problems with ATC/ACSES would be fixed, but alas, my hopes were for naught. ATC/ACSES still has one traveling through the tunnel toward Newark PEN from NY PEN at a restricted signal of 20 mph thus putting a train at least 10 minutes behind schedule.

My question to Matt P. is thus -- Is the implementation of ATC/ACSES so borked that it can not be fixed properly, or is this major irritant for this route on a long list of items that will be fixed in the future?

I can always run with the safety systems turned off - but would rather have this glaring discrepancy given a bit of attention by DTG.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

These fixes take a long time. If there will be a fix, it will be a while.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Anthony - I respect your comments --- but this has been broken since release -- Just as the original Diesel-Electric simulation and PZB on the RSN route -- those fixes have been made - Just want to know if this is being worked on and is imminent - or not. Appreciate your comment, but rather than hear say, opinions or hunches - would like Matt P to comment directly as he sometimes does in these forums.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

What fixes did the recent update bring to NEC?

5. Anthony Pecoraro

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Unfortunate to hear about the ATC/ACSES on the NEC...I was holding off purchasing this until I heard it had been fixed. Hopefully one day....

• Like Like x 2
  7. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

I will not buy this dlc until signals are fixed.

• Like Like x 5
  8. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

It took them 7 years to fix the NEC for Train Simulator. Don't expect a fix until the 30s.:D

9. hightower

hightower Guest

It was the same with the NTP freight pack and the numerous glaring problems with that route that weren’t fixed.

I really do hope that Microsoft announcing they’re getting back into flight simulation will be the stepping stone to them perhaps doing the same with trains.

This genre of gaming is in dire need of some proper competition, and DTG desperately need the kick up the ass that it will provide.

• Like Like x 9
  10. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

This DLC was far more than am missed opportunity, it was a total backwards step to what was in general a rather positive trend towards DLC releases and the quality of them of late and has done them no favors with the communities trust especial not US content fans, sad when the quality of content generally speaking has been getting better and better.

This release is just an utter bomb of a product there is nothing redeemable in it. It feels rushed and slapped together and totally untested the QA team not able to play with safety systems ? cant help but feel at this point its not a bug that ATC/ACSES are a mess they probably not even implemented at all.

To add salt to the wound we all are well aware that in order for this stuff to be fixed your probably looking at 10 months + based on RT where there was a massive out cry towards how broken it was and even that had at least a semi usable safety system when released this DLC just straight out does not work.

This is the first DLC i refunded , and it will be the last US DLC i buy, the quality of the US content is just sub standard across the board compared with the German and UK offerings at this point.

Yep i am annoyed and ranting like a child about this release more so than i was with RT, because there is no way on this earth DTG was not well aware of the issues this content had yet they released it anyway, all while totally not acknowledging the core problems in any official capacity. show some respect to your community delay it or at the very least officially acknowledge issues with it, but you don't.. you just throw it out there and then make statements like ... oh dev time is expensive do we spend time fixing bugs or making content ?!?! we cant win poor us ..... give me a break you reap what you sow and when you put out content this poor what do you expect.

Amtrak SW1000R Loco Add-On
    User reviews: Mostly Negative
    BR Heavy Freight Pack Loco Add-On
    Positive (15)
    Tees Valley Line: Darlington – Saltburn-by-the-Sea Route Add-On
    Positive (32)

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Driver updates and many other games give a "known issues" info when every new release comes out. Could dtg be a little more open and maybe people wouldnt be so upset with their purchases. You explain fixes but don't officially let us know, hey this isn't quite right but next patch we'll get it resolved.. Or something. Why no roadmap?

• Like Like x 4
  12. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Despite all of its flaws, DTG has released no official statement that they are investigating its bugs and adding more services. They might be the only developer on Steam that is content with such negative reviews on their products.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

nothing redeemable about it? what about the switcher? there is nothing wrong with it

• Like Like x 2
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Has todays patch fixed the safety systems now? And have they only been fixed for the Cab Car or the route in general?

15. TheNoGamer44

TheNoGamer44 Well-Known Member

They just added the ACSES and ATC and fixed some other bugs but you're still restricted 20mp/h from New York Penn to New Ark Penn. :/
    I hope they'll fix it sometime.

16. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Did You buy the LIRR Route for Train Sim World?

• Like Like x 3
  17. LIRRGuy

I agree A Million Percent. The Safety Systems WERE WAY OFF. It has already gotten to a point where I don't bother putting on ATC anymore. The only Two Succesful American Routes were LIRR and The First Ever route for Train Sim World CSX Heavey haul. The ATC is MORE Realistic on the LIRR and also More Accurate where for example Heading out from Penn to Woodside,in the tunnel ACT enables u to do Up to 60 Miles an hour and Amtrak makes 20 Miles an hour. That's A 40 mile difference

• Like Like x 1
  18. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This not only shows that US content is being lacked in the making but being lacked in quality.

19. Big Papi34

Heavy Haul didn't even work right until recently this past month when the physics update came out. Most American content for Train Sim World is just flat out embarrassing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LIRRGuy

LIRR Had minor problems I heard but it has good reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  21. nne4229

It's allbl bugged. Lol. And US is getting the shaft

• Like Like x 1
  22. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Yeah but still is not finished. All wagons is empty. Even loaded coal cars "shown" but in simulator it is empty.
    So most trains is in simulator far to light,

• Like Like x 2
  23. hightower

hightower Guest

Exactly. I don’t get how we’re supposed to be happy with the update to the physics in CSX when the wagons are all empty, all the time. It renders the physics update to the locos virtually pointless as the route is still effectively unplayable if you place any value at all on realism.

My love / hate relationship with TSW has swung firmly back to ‘hate’ (maybe not hate, more fed up) again. The bugs and the relentless variation in DLC quality just keeps pushing me away. What should have been a great pack in the NTP freight Extension was ruined for me by the failure to address virtually every existing bug on the route, many of which I submitted support tickets for nearly 7 months ago. I’m sick of the bugged lighting and the sound crapping out all the damn time.

I was also extremely disheartened to read Mr P’s comments to someone else on Discord regarding the latest DLC. I’m paraphrasing, but essentially ‘we knew it wasn’t great, but we don’t think it’s terrible. The fact that you do is simply a matter of opinion’.

What can you say to that?

AP have just released yet another EP/fix for one of DTG’s below par products. For the time being I’d rather buy that and enjoy it on TS1 than spend any more money on TSW.

ps I should add that I’m not being critical of Matt. I just think it sucks that seemingly the TSW team are being forced into releasing stuff that isn’t ready and the whole cycle keeps on spinning. Frankly, I think he/they deserve a medal for avoiding speaking their minds more bluntly (assuming what I and others infer from what they say is actually what they feel of course).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  24. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

To be fair to DTG they did at least come out with a patch to correct safety systems.
    So kudos, and yet clearly shows that they where aware of the issues and where already working on a patch .. why not communicate this officially and avoid the firestorm backlash ... oh that's right because the attitude is damned if we do dammed if we don't or at least that's how it comes across and that's the key , it appears as tho you don't care.
    Communities in games have an amazing ability to self moderate, if official communication was given about the issues of the DLC straight up i bet you any money allot of people including my self would have simply referenced such an official communication in response to people on steam or in these forums for example. Would it please everyone no of course not, but it would at least demonstrate that you are going to correct the issues. And avoid alienating core fan base .

The main issue here is the quality of content varies so much, this is probably partly to do with the overlap of development but also cant help but feel there not holding them selves internal to a set quality bar. This means the consumer has no idea what to expect, will the horn work on this DLC ? will tunnels be dark in this route DLC, will Safety system X work ? will the in cab lighting be corrected in this loco dlc ? and so on.

Just look at the recent UK releases, the most common question was.. is AWS enabled ?...... the fact the customer is even having to ask if a core safety system of the route will be modeled shows people have no idea what to expect from a DLC release and that should be a warning sign internally to set a standard and keep too it, even if it means pushing your release cadence out a month or two.

• Like Like x 4
  25. George Tea

George Tea New Member

After reading the Critics I see that People expect a realistic Simulation by TSW and Maybe you are asking too early, TS 2019 also began with routes like Hagen-Siegen without any security System and then routes like Hamburg - Hanover appeared with working LZB, SiFa, PZB etc.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

That makes no sense though. Part of the name of the title is "sim", but we have to wait months... actually no.... years for the actual simulation content? Don't tell me it's "just a game" either... a side of the game that Dovetail can't even get right. Broken sound system, worlds which visible cut-off if you poke the camera more than a couple of meters above the train, water that glows in the dark, a horrible weather system.

TSW could have been great at both. Instead, they've gone down the typical early access model, and will probably start to charge us for the fixes. I honestly can't go excusing that behavior for much longer.

• Like Like x 6
  27. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I haven't excused that behavior for a while now.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Big Papi34

Finally someone who don't deny the truth. Do you know how angering it is when DTG fanboys downvote you for telling the truth. I've received many from them.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

Glow in the dark water?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Load up NTP and do the early morning scenario. The water material is always assumed "lit".

31. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s next to the ‘son of Chernobyl’ trees you see leaving Leeds station in the dark. It’s ironic that the only things that are lit at night on NTP are things that shouldn’t be.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s because the shadows aren’t rendered after a certain distance.

• Like Like x 1
  33. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

It's funny because the other day I was playing tsw, and my wife asked me: "Are you playing that Chernobyl game again?". Made me laugh, but also sad, that's what it looks like to someone watching from the side. All dead and empty and lifeless, she assumed it's a game about chernobyl, as we were watching that famous hbo show earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  34. hightower

hightower Guest

In this instance it is not, it’s just sloppy development - if it wasn’t the whole route would be like it. It’s very specific and the issue with the trees only occurs leaving Leeds at night. The glowing water covers the whole route. I submitted tickets about both those issues 8 months ago, alongside the broken signal box asset, the fact that the loco is lit like it’s daylight when it’s dark, the complete lack of ANY lighting along the route at night save for a few street lamps, the fact that some of the stations aren’t lit at night, the general crap textures, the sound problems. The list is almost endless. None of that is opinion, it’s demonstrable fact.

Nothing has been done about any of it.

Some of it is certainly down to the fact that the lighting in the UE4 version they’re using is a load of old bobbins. Until Epic fix it & DTG make the leap to update the engine version (which I think is getting less and less likely, or more and more difficult with every DLC that passes) we’re stuck with it, and the buggy sound and all the other engine limitations. The taking of customers for granted, the sometimes sloppy and rushed development is something else entirely.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

After 2/3 years the sound and lighting are still rubbish, that says a lot doesn't it.
    Yet dlc still gets churned out..

• Like Like x 10
  36. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

You can downvote all you like the fact remains the lighting and sounds are still rubbish after years.

In the rain for example on NTP the metallic fields.. Really.

If you're happy with PS2 like textures then just keep buying and nothing will change.

• Like Like x 11
  37. p.piwpak5

p.piwpak5 New Member

i think this dlc not that good

38. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hello, I agree with a lot of the points you make. I really do think DTG should be a lot more open about what it’s plans are bug fixes and optimization of content already released. I’m sure there is a hard balancing act between fixing content already in the game and also keeping people interested with new content releases. A roadmap would be something that could help a lot, even if for example a fix for NEC was three months away at least the community would have a rough estimate on when they could expect to see changes instead of wondering if the team is aware of these problems at all. Even if they released a list of things needed to be looked at without any dates attached would let the community know that they are aware. TSW is still growing and I hope with the release of TSW2020 they take the opportunity to be more open with the community because especially everyone of us on these forums has a passion for this simulator and we all would like to be apart of its journey as it continues to grow.

• Like Like x 2
  39. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

20190810044740_1.jpg like trees way to close to the tracks how do you mess that up and never fix it

40. nne4229

They probably stop playing the routes after streams and move on to the next thing