Racing Sim Equipment Finally Arrived

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WiSchmo, Jul 12, 2019.

1. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Hi guys,

I know this is a train sim forum, but I also really enjoy racing sims. Yesterday, my Playseat and new wheel (Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition) finally arrived for my PS4. So hyped! :love: There's definitely going to be less train and more car driving this weekend :cool:

20190711_210749.jpg 20190711_210817.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Impressive!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I have a Logitech G920 for my Xbox One. It steers pretty good. Just need a sweet for it like you have. Well anyways congrats and have fun with it.

4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Nice wheel the T300.

Nothing wrong with racing sims, been playing them for years. Mainly Project Cars 2 these days.
    IMG_20190529_120408.jpg
    Although I haven't had a train sim for my PlayStation until TSW arrived! I've tried using the wheel but the trains still don't switch tracks at junctions. :D

Happy racing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Wow, what a nice setup! :D I was considering the G29, but the gear drive put me off compared to the belt one on the T300. How's the drive?

I also race PC2 as well as F1 2019 and a little bit of Dirt Rally (still the first one...). If you ever feel like racing together, feel free to PM your PS Profile :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've always had Logitech wheels so I'm used to them but yes the gear drive system can be a little notchy at times. Although I prefer a lighter feel to my force feedback so I don't really notice it very much. It's why I like PC2, there's quite a lot of adjustments to tailor it to your requirements. Yeah got Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport etc. :)

I nearly bought a T300 instead of the G29 because they are smoother and have more torque but reliability problems with them at the time put me off somewhat. Hopefully they are better now!

Is it your first wheel? It'll take a little while to get used to after a controller so maybe best to stay offline until you've fully got to grips with it.
    (I race regularly on Mondays and Wednesdays in PC2 so give me a shout if you fancy a go sometime)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well WiSchmo you've had your wheel for a short while now, I was wondering how you got along with it?

Was the hype justified? :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Hey, thanks for asking :)

I massively enjoy it!! I picked up the Dirt Rally 2.0 on sale, and this has been my go-to game so far . The 1080° wheel rotation on some of those old rally cars is crazy, haha :D You really have to work to get those around a tight hairpin.

Tbh, I haven't played much PC2 so far, but maybe we can meet up online sometimes for a training/coaching session. I briefly looked into the FFB settings and realized I better watch a video or a thread on them (like with every setting in PC2, it feels like) to get them right. So any advice in this direction is much appreciated!

BUT, I also feel the pull it has on me. So I'm trying to pace myself and don't go for the easy option of staying home and gaming all evening too often.

Not exactly, but I haven't had one in ages. Back as a kid I had a Microsoft Sidewinder FFB Wheel, and a little later a Logitech Momo Racing Force. I used to play lots of GTR, GTR2 and Richard Burns Rally, so SimRacing isn't totally new to me. I never made it out of Rookie Leagues, though ;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

And I bought those to get better grip on the wheel, and to protect it from my acidic hands :D

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  10. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Oh great, glad you're enjoying it. Makes the investment worthwhile.

Yes PC2s settings are er, numerous! Not nearly as bad as PC1 though!

Nice. Just the thing for this warm weather. :D
    Actually I have occasionally used some of the fingerless cycling gloves myself.

I race over HERE on Mondays and over HERE on Wednesdays in PC2 if you'd like to take a look at what we get up to. I go by my alter ego of IfAndOr on there. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

Looks great! :)

• Like Like x 1