PlayStation Still Nothing Has Changed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

how comes ts on pc are getting routes like Southampton - bournemouth, and we on ts world are getting silly things from ancient days?

Honestly its so annoying, not everyone is born in 1940/50, so something modern would be nice especially in this country

• Like Like x 2
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well all platforms have the same routes, except Heavy Haul which is PC only.
    Please dont confuse TS2019 with TSW. Those are different games and most of the TS Content is just published by DTG and made by 3rd Party developers.

I know we all want to see certain routes in a certain timeframe, but TSW is still in its early days and the main focus is expanding the Route library. The BR Blue era is quite popular though. So we need to be patient and see what the next routes are. There´s probably some more modern British stuff already in development. It just takes time. Next route is the US one which is launching next month.

• Like Like x 6
  3. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

As above, TS2019 and TSW are different games.

TS2019 is NOT available on console

4. spina304

spina304 Member

One thing is strange. The fastest way to expand route library is to make editor. That will alow third party studios making new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

And they are working on the Editor. But there seem to be some technical Hurdles they have to overcome to get it out in a quality that the Community expects. Maybe the 2020 Update changes some things in the UI and under the hood to prepare the game further for the Editor.

Since we are here in the PS4 section, the Editor wont change much on our Situation on Consoles. Its still unclear if and how they want to bring user created Content to the Consoles. There´s a good chance we only see 3rd party routes that are published by DTG on Consoles and not the routes other Users do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

:o The earliest is only 1983!

Those born in the 1940s and 50s would I expect be keen for the eventual introduction of steam and it's corresponding routes. I suspect you may not be though? ;)

There'll be more routes along eventually. Patience.
    (Thinking about it only the last two British routes have been from the 80s the rest of the routes in the game are all fairly modern.)

Yes that is a problem. The overall console package is already slightly inferior to the PC version, being unable to access the editor or even its output will make it more so.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zammy Martínez

Yes your right bro everything else is modern but you wana be able to resinate with your own country/county/area/city/town, so i just want a load of british services like what they get on the pc, ima massive train fan and is familiar with routes all over the country, train classes etc, i want that in the game thats my argument lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why does TSx get modern routes?
    Because DTG have licenses for TSx from those operators.
    Why are we not seeing the same in TSW, probably because DTG don't have licenses for TSW with those operators

Given two of the most major route releases by DTG themselves have been SWR/SWT but they haven't (yet) released anything for TSW on that same system we can assume either that they haven't got the license for it yet, or that they just haven't finished making it yet

• Like Like x 2
  9. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Frankly, I think this is less of an old vs new question, but rather one about variety. 2 out of 4 British routes are historic, and out of the 2 ones that are technically modern, one is a museum where the only thing modern is the cars in the parking lots. I have no gripe at all with classic railways, but if I get another route with the 101 and Mk2 as the only passenger trains and another diesel loco that for all intents and purposes, looks and feels pretty much identic to the 37/40/47 etc, I'm fairly confident I' going to skip that DLC. MAYBE unless it's a really applealing choice of route. MAYBE.

On the other hand, looking over to Germany, quite the inverse becomes true. The DB of the 80's or 90's in all their colours, with V160s and Einheitsloks and n-Wagen and what there all was would be VERY much worth having, last but not least since that is more or less entirely absent from TS20x as of now.

Greetings, Mike.

PS: Hate to break it to you, but 1983 IS ancient. Nothing made then in terms of rolling stock would even be legal to be put into service new today.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zammy Martínez

Yh 1983 is definitely ancient, i cant remember what i said why ykur saying that (cant be asked to scroll up lol) but all i care about is modern stuff a d that i can relate to..

11. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

1983 isn't ancient. There's running train engines older than that that run on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 1
  12. underwaterdick

Yes, class 47s, 37s, 08s and 09s run daily all over the UK.
    Class 40s and 45s I think still run occasionally on the mainline.

So, class 101s are ancient and as far as I know, don't run mainline services.

The rest, still in use today as revenue earning trains.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

In America there's plenty of old rolling stock plus the sd40-2, gp38-2, sd60, dash 8 and 9.

• Like Like x 1
  14. underwaterdick

Get a PC and TS2019 is my advice.
    We ALL want routes that are familiar to us, with rolling stock that we either remember or current use.
    But, think how many routes, types of stock a d liveries there are in the UK! how can you please everyone.

I live on the south coast and would love something local, however am very greatful for the amazing British routes that we have in the game.

The reason the PC has more routes is because A-It isn't TSW, it is Train Simulator, so a different game.
    B-The PC allows third party developers to release content, so DTG don't actually make many of the add on items. This also means that add one vary hugely in detail, accuracy and quality.
    For example, some rolling stock might look like it is meant to bus is actually just a re-skinned version of another type, with all the wrong physics and no working buttons etc.
    Routes might have the correct station names but they are not.modelled on the correct stations, with no route scenery true to life.
    C-A console is limited to what it can run, things have to made specifically to work with the console and it's hardware. For PC, you can develop content based on any spec you like, and it is down to the user to check their requirements are good enough, or live with poor running/visuals.
    On console we expect 100% perfect, you can see this on any thread debating frame rate stutter or blocky edges. Some people don't even notice, whilst others says it "completely makes the game unplayable" which is nonsense.

We are lucky to have a SIM game brought to console, especially one that isn't a watered down version of one or just a different game with some in the title.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zammy Martínez

I cant argue with that.
    Im just not really a pc guy, im more a console guy, dont get me wrong ive played train sim on pc, routes like great eastern (liv st to southend), southern and South coast to brighton etc, but im more of a console guy man

• Like Like x 1
  16. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Yep, saw a 90' piggyback flatcar mixed in with double stacks.

• Like Like x 1