Locomotive(s) Suggestion: Ncdot F59phi & F59ph

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ThatOneRailfan, Jul 21, 2019.

1. ThatOneRailfan

ThatOneRailfan New Member

As a North Carolina resident, residing in the city of Raleigh, I've been around the Piedmont trains a lot. Quite a few years. And was wanting to ask DTG if they can make the NCDOT Piedmont locomotives as an addition to the N-Line route, considering it runs through North Carolina, but not exactly through Raleigh, but still has passenger stations along the route. Perhaps DTG could take it on?

2. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

My suggestion would to be to put in a request for the Piedmont route itself in the Route Suggestions & Proposals section with detailed info, that way there is a chance your suggestion could become a route. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThatOneRailfan

ThatOneRailfan New Member

A Charlotte - Raleigh route would be a magnificent addition to the game. However, I do think it should be based on the Norfolk Southern Piedmont Division considering NS has a yard right outside of downtown and trains run through downtown as well as passenger trains.

4. Southerner

Southerner New Member

I just came across this post. Charlotte - Raleigh is the 173mi route of the Piedmont passenger train operated by NCDOT and Amtrak (it is a section of the larger Amtrak Carolinian) over Norfolk Southern rails. The Piedmont operates entirely with state owned equipment whereas the Carolinian is all Amtrak with Amtrak equipment. I would love to see the Piedmont in TS2021 as well, complete with all the NC state owned equipment with its blue and silver livery paint schemes; however, it is a regional with limited interest at best so it is what it is.

DR_Aeronautics on Youtube posted a full length northbound trip video of the Piedmont using MSTS/Open Rails, though he refers to it as a section of the Carolinian presumably as he uses Amtrak equipment. The link is here and with his narration is good watch:

Attaching one of my photos of the Piedmont as it passes just north of Salisbury: NCPiedmont.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021