Fishing Sim World Scott Martin Made Dtg Alot Of Money

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Killjoy Dos, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

having scott martins picture, just boosted this games popularity ten fold compared to when alot of us first started playing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

Yeah.... It’s the same like FIFA, with Ronaldo ambassador. But, if DTG add Jeremy Wade with River Monsters to the game, FSW can be so popular as River Monsters tv serie :)

3. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

That would be very cool. Ive thought about it once already

• Like Like x 1
  4. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Thats also sort of the point of my post but dtg has already figured this out i believe or else we wouldnt have ahd the pro tour update. Famous people=more fans= more money=better game= us as the players who have stuck around from the beginning are very very pleased.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

You’re right. I WILL EXPECT (one day) Mike Iaconelli in the game.

6. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Just get bassmaster involved. And the flw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mbar8t6

mbar8t6 Member

Tbf being from the uk I’ve never heard of Scott Martin, as I’m guessing is the same for most people from uk and probably rest of Europe, doesn’t make any difference to me who’s on the cover, I’ve played since Euro fishing, Korda being involved originally was a bit of a draw but otherwise it’s just fishing and anyone who like gaming and fishing is gonna give it a go. As for Jeremy Wade, the guy is an idiot and his awful tv show is totally made for non anglers, the way he makes all these fish sound like big bad killing machines. No thanks I’d much rather they didn’t get him involved

• Like Like x 1
  8. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Uv definitely got my vote for Jeremy Wade what a legend

9. donny.simpson

donny.simpson New Member

Major League Fishing.

But if Dovetail wants the most bang for its buck, I'd find a local pro from each corner of the US and I would feature their premier home lake. There are so many amazing lakes across the US, but every region has one or two very special places that people in their area love. I'd probably drop $50 on this game right now if they added Potholes Reservoir to the game, for instance.

10. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

I mean ive always loved river monsters. Yet here i am a hardcore fisherman. Always have been. The thing with Scott martin you mentioned i would assume is the same with that ali bolibarbar dude. Most of us americans have no clue who that guy with the big carp is. But, i would imagine alot of european anglers look up to him.

11. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Ali hamidi is a pro carp angler and most anglers over here in the uk will know about him and I can see ur point as I’ve never herd of Scott Martin before the new update of fishing sim world pro tour

12. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Scott’s Dad Roland is one of the most popular bass fisherman from way back. Had a show on for many years . Scott has the largemouth genetics running through his blood. His presence in a tournament is intimidating. Ali has to be one of the most famous Carp fisherman. There’s people one remote islands that probably know him. I’m probably exaggerating a little but he is the man when it comes to the carp. Jeremy wade I guess we can say that’s the most famous predator fisherman. All I can say about him is wow. Love what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

Oh yea. Scott and his dad have a big influence on bass fishing. Its no different. Ali is to carp what scott is to bass. European sportfishing for carp is as big a thing as american bass fishing. Plus, bass fishing has crossed over the oceans thse days. Theres flw tournaments in africa. Japan. You name it. The same way as carp angling has been garnering an interest amongst us americans. Its not just bowfishing anymore. We have some serious carp anglers over here. They live for it. Im sure if you shot a carp in EU there would be some upset people. But most americans dont care. Now with bass, if you shoot one theres going to be angry Americans but EU would be like ah well. Its literally no different. DTG was awesome enough to tend to both major fishing crowds and should be applauded for it. As well as introducing EURO angling to americans and vice versa that would otherwise not even bat an eye. I caught a 20 pound carp this spring on light tackle. Most memorable fight of the year.

14. mbar8t6

mbar8t6 Member

Ali Hamid is known due to his connections with Korda and because he’s got a decent personality for tv, he’s not known for his angling ability, there are lots of better anglers who are more known for catching carp than Ali, I doubt he’s the equivalent of Scott Martin, maybe to newer anglers who watch a lot of YouTube maybe. But terry Hearn is the biggest name in carp angling. Even Dave levy who is also associated with the game is a much better angler, just not as well known. Darryl peck also a Korda guy anyone who knows their carp fishing would know that he’s an absolute machine and probably the best around these days

15. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

mbar8t6 agree Darryl peck is a great angler and is most definitely a machine.

16. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

You know what since you mention it, scott martin actually isnt all that famous. I think the googan squad (not a fan at all btw) have more subs then him on youtube. It could have changed by now, but not so long ago. His dad is famous. Kevin van dam is. Bill dance and jimmy houston are. Scott is just an FLW champ. You get into the bassmaster guys and they have some fame. He did have a tv show not for sure what he has now, This is when i was young, called the scott martin challenge on espn. Obviously now its all youtube hulu netflix blabla who has cable? I dont. Anyway theres my rant. Scott fin rules.