Does Anyone Agree With Me?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Jul 28, 2019.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I know, DTG, you already announced the Peninsula Corridor San Francisco-San Jose, but if the F40s and Nippon-Shayro cars are going to be the only available rolling stock, then, what's the point of buying this if there are no Bombardier Cars or MP36PH-3C locomotives? Just like prototypical CalTrain operations, each train is assembled of either these combinations: MP36 with Nippon-Shayro cars, MP36 with Bombardier cars, and F40PH with Nippon-Shayro cars. The MP36 locomotives and the bombardier cars HAVE to be a DLC for the Peninsula Corridor!!!! Also, PLEASE ADD FREIGHT TRAINS!!! UPRR with the SD70ACE, SD70ACE-T4, ES44AC, SD70M, and ET44AC locomotives HAVE to be included with the Peninsula Corridor!! This would give players alot more options of driving trains and give them a choice of commuter and freight train operations, just like NEC: New York! It also makes the route more fun!! Like and please reply if you agree with this loco proposal!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

My downvote is not meant to imply I wouldn't enjoy more rolling stock for that route, given the route is any good to begin with. We'll see after release.

My point is, other than eating, breathing and one hopefully not too soon day perishing, no human being on earth "HAS" to do anything at all. Ever. I recommend you go learn the difference between suggesting and requesting.

The community here always... seriously, we don't even know what rolling stock will be included and what won't, other than the F45 and gallery cars.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Please explain how they "have" to be included

• Like Like x 2
  4. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

In the spirit of things that "have" to be included, then why not include everything from SP's famous commuter services? GP9's, Fairbanks-Morse's, Harriman coaches, Daylight consists, etc.

If you absolutely "need" to have these, I suggest you learn how to make CAD models of locomotives and cars you'd like to see. Trainiax's web site has a good number of scale drawings that are accurate to within .25 inches. When DTG finally releases the editor, you can have something to sell or share.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you. DTG don't have to include anything let alone that many locomotives in what is already a pretty long route.

Juxen making game assets in CAD is a bad idea since you then have to convert it into standard geometry which results in a very unoptimized model.
    Use a standard 3d modelling app instead and try to keep things simple (don't be like me who got overwhelmed by the amount of detail on the first bogie).

• Like Like x 2
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

In the thread, I said that the route would be a lot more fun knowing you can choose between freight and commuter operations. This also gives more options and fun to the route!

7. Big Papi34

Yes but that many engines would raise the price of the dlc tremendously. We don't even know what's included anyways. Plus there's mainly only geeps on the Peninsula Corridor other than the heavy dirt train.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

You know, on the YouTube video that announces this route, everyone says that they want more American freight trains (example: someone said they wanted a "BNSF heavy haul" version in the game!!). So, I thought in the CalTrain route, the UPRR trains could be included in the route, as everyone wanted freight trains. This would be a great opportunity for DTG to satisfy the community with additional freight trains!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Papi34

Yes but we don't know if it will have freight or not. Plus like I stated gp40-2, gp38-2, and gp60 mainly operate this route.

10. MetrolinkF125#916

You might be correct, because on the northeast corridor route, you only have an option for the GP38-2 loco. But maybe the DLC could be broken down, such as first an add on locomotive of the MP36 including the bombardiers. Then, DTG could release a UPRR add on to the route, which step by step, the Peninsula Corridor can be expanded (DTG started with the NEC New York route with just Northeast Regional trains and GP38-2s, then it released the Amtrak SW1000R, and the Metroliner Cab Car, slowly building the Northeast Corridor and expanding it!)!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

My day job is a mechanical engineer working in CAD software. Once you start doing 40 hours a week in a CAD program, it's easier just to convert the model over. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd love more UP freight. A UP GP60 and ET44AC need to be added. SP commuter and freight services in the 50s and 60s would be awesome DLC. I want an FM Trainmaster, SD7/9 "Cadillac," and/or GP7/9.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

[​IMG]
    How about this?

• Like Like x 1
  14. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Amtrak doesn't use this route, and 50s/60s vehicles would be EXTRMELY out of place on a modern-day route like the PIC.

• Like Like x 1