PlayStation Protecting Your Game Disk For The Future

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying I was going to break it. I purely raised a hypothetical point in the first post about how discs will work going forward with subsequent upgrades. I think we got the expected answer and it's time to move on.

Unfortunately quite often on these forums when you get to the 50th or so posting in a thread a thread will often turn to a kind of 'whats their problem' type discussion if not gone off on a completely new subject altogether.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I´m sorry if my post is coming across as a "whats their problem" kind of thing. That wasnt the intension. I just wanted to try to understand the issue i personally cant see while sharing my own point of view to the topic. So really no harm or anything like that intended with my post.

3. TinTin_57

No, no that’s fine mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

A bit too far from the topic folks, so please stick to it or I will have to close the thread. Sorry!

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Unless DTG code new discs of TSW so that they're effectively different games that are incompatible with each other, you will lose nothing except the routes on the disk, like how I could play a game from a disc, then buy the Deluxe Edition and keep my save files.

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes. That's exactly the point being made.

7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I must have been really tired to miss that!

8. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

9. TinTin_57

Yeah I saw that. Interesting that on here somewhere in August it was said disk wouldn’t be available

10. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

More importantly I'd like to know if TSW will be backwards compatible on PS5, what's the point shelling out for all this expensive DLC now if the system it runs on is soon to be discontinued? This is a real concern, I'd like to play TSW forever, not for just one console cycle, really hope we can get word on this TrainSim-Dmitri

11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If you're still worried and on a PS4 (assuming so as OP was in the PS4 section), buy the digital version in the sale now, as I believe RT and NEC are still included as part of the base bundle on the Playstation, which is why those two haven't appeared on PS Store as DLC.