Rt: Leipzig Legend Achievement Broken Still

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ross NCC1701, May 2, 2019.

1. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

I notice this last Xbox update has resolved the missing service on WSR. However, I cannot find any information as to the status of the Leipzig Legend achievement. I have all of the services 'ticked' as complete yet it will still not pop. This appears to happen for many players, though at least 1 person seems to have the achievement. The NEC achievement for completing all services also still seems to be broken.

Could the support or development team at least let us know if they are truly aware of the issues and whether or not they will ever be fixed? I have tried to contact the support team through a ticket, but have not had a reply that gives me any information related to the status.

It is very disheartening to spend quite some time running services over the same stretch of line only to find that the achievement for doing so does not work and nobody seems to know why.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

Hello.

I do have the same problem on PS4. The trophy didn't unlock although I finished all services. Someone told me that I have to do all the DLC services of RT too to get the trophy. I didn't buy any of the DLC's yet. I will try it soon and will let you know if it works. Probably someone else already tried it and knows if it works like this?

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You dont need the DLC Services. The Achivement was added with the Basegame and is only for the Services you do with the Talent 2

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If you have them all ticked then the only thing to try is a new profile and run the whole lot again. On RT and NEC it’s a heck of a lot of work but you can spawn at the final station for each, take control, and it counts as if you have run the whole service. It’s a trick we have been discussing over in the PS4 forum. I had the same on WSR. They were all ticked and I didn’t get it. Created a new profile, used the trick on the Long services and just manually did the run around services and it popped.

I was fortunate that for NEC and RT the services ones did pop after I used the trick.

5. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

Good to know, thanks!

I did most of the services by spawning at the final station. Thanks for your help. So I will have to do it again.

6. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Thank you all for the help and information. In the case of RT, I already tried a new profile and ran all the services. For the most part I used the 'trick', although I hate doing that. Nonetheless, the achievement still did not pop. And I am certainly not going to spend time doing them a third time. I suspect that it may just be luck whether or not it pops - maybe 50% of the time for example - and I have bad luck in most games! LOL!

As I pointed out to support, it really cannot be much trouble to solve this bug. As a software engineer myself, I know just how easy it can be. All the parameters are known - the total number of services (assuming there are no 'missing' services), and the number completed (since it has to display the 'ticks', it must know which ones are completed). How hard can it be to test these when the game is loaded, or when the RT map is loaded, or even when an RT service is completed (whether or not it was already completed), and then activate the achievement as appropriate?

But support simply will not acknowledge this or even tell me whether or not they are aware of the issue at all! This really does not bode well for future DLCs etc. Very disappointing.

7. TinTin_57

I’m sorry to say this has been the response on all the trophy/achievements tickets a few of us have logged. I also imagine these to be small tweaks so not sure why they are not higher up the list

8. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Reply from support:

I feel very let down by support not acknowledging that there is an issue here, having wasted another weekend doing these services.

9. TinTin_57

Yes, a few of us are really sore over the the Car Collector one which to date, no one has

10. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

I did all the services with the Talent 2 - no trophy.
    I bought the DB BR 182 DLC and did nearly all services of the two trains this DLC adds and the RT Legend trophy did unlock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TinTin_57

Congrats

12. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

Thanks. Wanted to post this information for other players. Seems like you need buy the DB BR 182 DLC for this trophy.

13. TinTin_57

I did it without buying the 182, but, I did it about a week before it was released

14. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

And this is probably the reason why it worked.

15. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

With you saying "did nearly all services", how many were left?

Currently trying this method out after giving the RT achievement another failed attempt without dlc..

16. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

I think something about 5 but I will check when I am at home.

17. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Thanks much appreciated!
    Hoping this wasnt £11 spent in vain lol.

EDIT: It unlocked! I also had to do most of the dlc services, but also all the Talent 2 services.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

That's great! Congrats!

19. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

Hi guys, I can confirm the Leipzig Legend trophy is fixed! But think it comes at a price though, it looks like you now have to purchase the DLC and finish ALL services on the line in order for it to pop. I have been trying to get this trophy for almost a year now and it was seriously tiring me out, but thank god I have it! So for all those people wondering how to get it, you gonna have to get the DLC unfortunately, I know it shouldn't matter because the trophy relates to the Talent 2, but this worked for me.
    15596557948242375703781773834891.jpg

20. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

I can confirm this too. I finally got the achievement, but only after completing all of the services on both the main RT and the DLC.

21. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

Nice, good for you too!

22. edwardsheatingltd

edwardsheatingltd New Member

Hi do you know if the glitch still works for this trophy and has not been patched?

23. TinTin_57

Don’t think it will be patched to be honest. I think spawning at the last station will always be a legit thing. Give it a go

24. edwardsheatingltd

Having trouble getting it to work i used it some weeks ago no problem but i am using it today and getting no ticks next to the services not sure what i am doing different?

25. TinTin_57

Hmm right, not sure. As all mine are ticked I can’t test it. Should work though as long as you are spawning at the right time and getting on board one you haven’t already done. I seem to remember there were a few of the services where at first I couldn’t work out if I was getting on the right train or not lol

26. edwardsheatingltd

Hi Tin Tin
    its all sorted now i was just getting the times wrong the trick still works
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  27. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with absolutely everything that you have said. This is a logic problem, which, apparently, DTG has been "working hard" on for 12 months. I think that it is a systemic problem with the software - base game and/or DLC plug-in routes.

The other problem (I think) that DTG have, which is stopping them from fixing this, is one of culture. And this can't be easily fixed with rational analysis of some code. Look at it from their point of view:

- when the code is tested during compilation, it seems fine, and everything traces through
    - the trophies/achievements (or whatever issue) is often not reproduced on their test machines
    - the global stats show that the issue is fine for a lot of people (say, on a third party achievement table)
    - there are very few people that complain on the Forums or via the Support system, relative to sales
    - the customers that do get through the 20 questions pre-screening guff have had their annoyance level trebled, and often appear to be in a bit of a state
    - the customers, many of which are new, are not using the "correct" jargon to explain their issues, so why take them seriously...
    - etc., etc., etc.....

It's a really bad process failure (multiple unrecognised false positives), and it's not just the software.

Anyway, back to topic... I don't know if you are still having this achievement issue, but you could try this PS4 fix:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

It does require you to switch off the internet though, and I don't know if you can do this with XBox and TSW. Good luck...!

NB: I really liked your considered post. As (you are) a software engineer, I would really welcome your feedback on the thread link above.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019