Important Game Save Announcement!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Aug 5, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

The release of Train Sim World 2020 involves a major update to the game to allow for a whole bunch of new features.

You can read more details about these in our latest article:
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-20-detail

As part of this update, save files that are mid-scenario, mid-timetabled service or mid-tutorial will unfortunately be removed. Please ensure you complete any you have in progress before launch on 15 August.

There will be no impact to your profile, completed scenarios, experience points, achievements or collectable progression as a result of this update.

New saves will work as normal following the update.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Hello,
    If I understand this correctly, the in-game save functionality will continue to work as before, but existing save files will not be compatible with the new release (due to a format change I suppose)? (from a first reading I was under the probably incorrect impression that the save function was removed altogether).

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Yes, it's only the current saves that will be lost. The functionality itself is not affected.

4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

All Time Schedules, Scenarios and Tutorial are brandnew in TSW 2020 then?

5. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I read the post on Facebook that’s what I thought too. This one’s a lot more clear.

6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I dont think thats the case. It will still be the same scenarios and services, at least thats what i assume.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I am hoping for something better. I really hope the save function will work more reliable and especially the issue with red signals will be solved.It alsow would be great that you can have multiple saves or at least a game save on a per route basis, like Trainsimulator has.

• Like Like x 1
  8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Everything is exactly the same in regards to timings, services and scenarios. It’s just rebranding/reshuffling menus really.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Could this "reshuffle" of the menus also have something to do with a possible release of the editor, according to you?

10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I think it’s purely for marketing reasons following the announcement of TSW 2020.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Presumably this means that changes have been made to how and what is saved and in order to avoid the need to support the old format save files DTG are deleting them. Fingers crossed that save functionality is improved as a result of the changes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fametis

fametis Member

Hello, still can't load savec scenario, it only lead previous saved from other route. Any solution?

13. Hatter

Hatter New Member

I'd had trouble loading saved scenarios on NTP. The throttle would not work (no power output) but all sounds, graphics etc worked. Told by another member to stand up and then sit down and it cures it. Yes, it does, but according to DTG only save when stationary asa save when moving can cause a crash on reloading.
    Peter

14. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

By default TSW only keeps 1 save which will be the last one you did regardless of the route. However, the save files are located in %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved and you can copy the files elsewhere if you want to keep more than 1 save. If you're super keen you could write a batch file to copy them in and out.
    As a general practice it's probably not advisable to load saves as certain things like states tend to not to get saved / loaded. Train Simulator has the same issue, in fact from memory I think it can be worse than TSW.