PlayStation Train Sims

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rm6816564, Jul 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rm6816564

rm6816564 New Member

Hello everyone,,
    Graphics are good - game play leaves some to be desired

If you want to open doors on the passenger trains, there is nothing in the tutorials that tell you how to do that. I had to wait to read through a load screen to see that you need to hold down left on the d-pad.

The good thing about the Amtrak scenarios is that the train is routed on the correct rails automatically.

I also find that the max speed indicators that pop-up and you blow by on the ACS-64 don't match the max speed allowed (they are usually greater than the indicated max speed for that signal block). I also find that the ACS-64 seems to get up to speed slower than it appears in real life. I have yet to get it to 90 where allowed as the speed goes to 90 from a 45 back to a 60 to a 15 in in the stretch leading up to Penn Station.
    KODI
    T
    he CSX freight scenarios aren't automatically routed... and I have yet to see where the indications are located that tell you which track to align on to meet the next check point. That part is maddening as it requires a lot of back and forth, stopping, getting out to throw a switch and getting back in while keeping the speed under 15 by constantly moderating throttle between Idle and 3 and sometimes throwing some dynamic in there when there is an elevation change....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Regarding speed limits, you are only allowed go to the higher limit once the back of the train passes that limit and before the front of the train crosses a lower limit. There are lots of 90mph sections on NEC,

Points can be set on the map view and you can plan your route. It tells you where you are and where you need to get to.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

You can also couple and uncouple wagons using the free camera. That's a nice time-saver.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Fig

Fig Member

As a beginner, this is great info, thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Use the map view to see what the intended path of the train is and then its easy to see which switches need to be aligned.

• Like Like x 5
  6. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Regarding switching to the correct line on CSX, that is part of the feature of this route. You have freedom to plan your route and switch according where required, as would happen somewhere with manually operated points.

If you play the other routes, points are mostly automatic, with the occasional need to check the setting and change manual ones.

My advice on CSX it to plan your route ahead of moving off. If you dont like manual switching with your character, you can set all the points manually in the map. But imo this spoils half the attraction of this route.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Apart from the csx stuff i think nec is the worst route. Long island railroad on the other had is a great route

• Like Like x 2
  8. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

It took me ages to find this out, and wish I had known sooner. I don't do it this way all the time however.
    I guess, as a simulation game, plenty of people would rather get out of the locomotive and do it manually.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

NEC isn't that bad. And LIRR has quite a few sound issues as well as other issues.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

NEC is my go to on this game but for some nice European freight, try MSB or RSN. That's my second favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  11. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

When I'm shunting and switching, I regard the free camera as my 'driver's mate', who would no doubt in real life be running up and down changing points and couplings, giving me directions over the radio for shunting wagons the last few inches, and so on. You don't get that in the game, so the free camera is the 'simulation' of that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Actually conductors don't have to walk that far in switching operations depending on what there doing. Most ride on the cars to the next one.

• Like Like x 1