PC No Discounted Price For Existing Members?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Philipp87, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Philipp87

Philipp87 New Member

Hello,

in the dovetail live articel "Introducing Train Sim World 2020" was written, that existing owners will get an option to buy the routes they don't have, to an discounted price.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/introducing-tsw-2020
    It's written here: Already own Train Sim World?

I'm only missing the NTP but I don't got a discount code or a discount in my shopping card.

Do you forgot this discounted price or is it a problem with Steam?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

No, you have misinterpreted the statement. The 'discounted price' is referring to the fact that new players are essentially picking up 5 routes (CSX:HH, GWE, LIRR, NTP & MSB) for the price of 1 in the TSW 2020 bundle.

Even if you already own 1 or 2 of the 5 routes, you are still getting a great discount.

So in your case, seeing as though you already own all the bundled routes, there is no need to re-buy the whole package (I dont think steam will allow you to anyway). Just buy Pen Corridor separately to get everything, it has a 10% discount at the moment as well.

3. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Already own Train Sim World?
    (...)

"For the new routes included in Train Sim World 2020 (Main-Spessart Bahn, Long Island Railroad, Northern-Trans Pennine), you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price."

I was waiting to get MSB for a discounted price scince its the only one i doesnt have.
    I don't understand the missunderstanding here... maybe its me and my poor english lol

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It has confused others too

If you don't have any of the 4 routes in the main bundle, or 5 in the deluxe bundle then buying the bundle can give you a discount. In your case you only don't have 1 of them so it wouldn't be a discount. The "any" only applies to the DLC listed, not any DLC extant

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Philipp87

Philipp87 New Member

I don't own NTP, yet.

That's why I asked tue question.
    But if you're right I really misinterpreted the article from DTG.

Edit: corrected the Name of the route I don't own in my first post.

6. ARuscoe

I've had this convo a few times in different posts. People seemed to read it that they could get ANY dlc at a discount, when that's nto what the article said.

7. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Not really. People are expecting something like this but with TSW routes. Same thing was available when the TSW was released.

8. ARuscoe

That's what the 2020 bundles are, but rather than "any" DLC being included only four are

The main problem seems to be people thinking they're having to buy things they're not or "paying again" for something they already have. I see this as no different to buying a meal deal and getting a drink even when I already have a smoothie...
    We don't get to choose which DLC comes in what bundle, but we DO get to choose whether we buy the bundle or not

9. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

That's because we are having to buy stuff that we already have (in my case it's three routes).

Even though I already have half of the routes, It does not give me any discount. If it was the kind of bundle that I've mentioned above, it would give me a 50% discount because I already own 50% of it's content.
    Výstřižek_steam.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

You don't HAVE to buy it, that's the point

If you had TSW(2018) then you get TSW2020 anyway. So then it comes down to a choice as to whether you buy the bundle or buy separate DLC

Goes back to the meal deal premise. Do you buy the deal for £3 even if you don't need one part and would pay £3.30 for the two items you do want? Or do you get the drink and save a bit of money but then have to deal with the fact you get a drink you may not have wanted.

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a bit disappointing. New customers get huge discounts, As a customer from the first moment, missing only one route, the total advantage is Euro 5. Not a very good deal ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

It works the same way as in TS Classic as it always had. The core update is free with the enhancements but to get the routes you need to buy it again.

The amount of discount all depends on what you don't have, if you are missing 1 route, there is (almost) no discount, with 2 missing routes, the discount is 50% as you buy 2 for the price of one and that is the discount.

13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that this is called "marketing", where the idea is to attract new customers by offering them discounts. In any case, setting the price of a product is always up to the seller, not the buyer. Lots of folks on these forums suggest waiting for sales, which show up on major holidays, when the season changes, etc. I'm also a first-launch customer, but one who sees any discount as valuable, provided it's applied to a product I want. For example, I wouldn't buy Long Island Railroad if it were offered at 95% off, just because passenger runs do not appeal to me.