PC Train Sim 2020

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

can someone explain to me the difference between deluxe and normal edition, and the benefits.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Deluxe Edition includes the new Caltrain route compared to the standard version.
    That's all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zammy Martínez

So do we effectively l have to buy trainsim 2020?
    I dont know if its just me, but im so confused.
    The current tsw from last year, are we deleting that and buying 2020?

Or do u keep your current edition and buy that usa dlc separately?

4. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

It's an update. You don't need to delete anything and you can either buy the TSW2020 Digital Deluxe bundle or download the route on its own.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Zammy Martínez

Ok i see. Bt if i want certain dlcs i dnt have like the german one, is it better to just get the deluxe or have they been discounted?
    And if i did end up buying the deluxe, what would be the point in keeping the original, is that where out data remains or something?

Sorry for all the questions but this LOVE is confusing

6. TrainSim-Daniel

A thread about this is already present in the PC section of this forum so please ensure to visit this rather than posting your question on a PS4 thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

So the 2020 update is here and what i can see in all videos i see there is no passangers in station, before the update a few passangers can be seen get out of the trains now is 0. Whats is going with you guys? now we ride ghost trains? no realism in this now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

This massive update and that is all you can say...
    Have you played it or just seen videos?

9. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

i didnt have instaled the update yet. but i see a few videos but if it only one video with no passengers its possible that game have glitcher but more videos the same. Well i have the rights to show my concerns about the way this game are going, improvements in one side downgrades the other side. I hope that are only a bug in the game and not made on purpose because of the frame rate. The other things like better tutorials, etc are very welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zammy Martínez

And i love authenticity and realism so i will be very disappointed

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, to break it down... If you already own TSW(2018) this will be upgraded automatically to TSW2020 for free. This is a core game update but NOT an update to any of the DLC content specifically (although do note that they have done some DLC updates as well in the same release)
    What you DON'T get for free is any of the DLC
    So... You can go and buy the TSW 2020 bundle pack which includes 4 DLC. If you own any of them already you won't get them again, they're not "updated versions" or anything, it's just a bundle
    If you get the "digital deluxe" bundle you get FIVE DLC, including the new one

So if you already own TSW, buying the new bundle is effectively buying a few DLC at the price of 2 standard DLC, if you buy the deluxe version, you get FIVE DLC for £10 more...

Does that make it clearer?

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

I haven't seen anything that says that passenger AI has been changed by this update in any of the DLC so yes, you're goign to be disappointed on that. There do seem to be advances in other visual areas which may offset this though

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zammy Martínez

This game has a lot of disappointing elements.. deep sighs, ad they charge us all this money..

14. ARuscoe

Each DLC has it's own issues and should really be considered it's own "game", in other words what they do in one DLC probably won't affect the others because they were created in different ways (according to Matt P, the project manager)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zammy Martínez

Yes and no bro.
    I thought I understood it yesterday finally where they tell you what happens if you keep the 2018 edition etc..
    But i think ive lost my progress on certain routes, im gona double check.

One thing though i brought one of them DB trains for the first german dlc (i always forget the name when not looking at it) and it said you must have the german dlc to buy this train but its separate or something. Then when i went to try and use the train it wouldn’t let me

16. Zammy Martínez

And when you update your 2018 edition, shouldnt it just turn into the 2020 edition on your playstation home menu?

This whole thing is very weird, the only thing I understood from the whole thing is that the old dlcs would be discounted, but that latest german dlc is still full price so is that new one is saltburg? (LOVE why do i forget all the names!!!)

17. ARuscoe

Back to basics again LOL

OK, first you must have a version of TSW (2018 or 2020, doesn't matter which)
    Then you must have a compatible route for the train you wish to drive on.
    Some trains come with the routes themselves, some are separate and if they're separate then you can buy the train, but won't have anywhere to drive it

So in this case I can presume you have TSW, you've bought a train but might not have anywhere that train is allocated to. If that's the case then you can either get that train refunded as you haven't driven it, or go and get a route which that train drives on.

If you DO have the route and it still ain't showing, then submit a ticket to DTG support and they'll analyse it

• Like Like x 2
  18. ARuscoe

I don't know on this one. Logically yes it should, but so long as the version number is correct on the loading screen as the 2020 version there shouldn't be an issue (again, I don't know what the vno is for 2020 on your system so maybe DTG can help on that)

This is a misconception. If the DLC you want are included in the new bundles then you can pick them up at a discount (which is what the post from DTG said) not that ALL dlc are discounted. they do have regular sales though

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zammy Martínez

Right, what is a ticket?

20. Zammy Martínez

I do have the route, if you go online and check, you will see the db train im talking about and it says you need to have bla bla dlc (think its rb leipsig), but it says something about you need to buy it separately‍♂️‍♂️
    My level is the same, but I really hope i havent lost my progress man i dont have time like that anymore on games, i do but i dont if you know what i mean.

21. Zammy Martínez

I need details, how do I contact them?

22. TrainSim-Daniel

Please stop double posting. There's a support button in the top right of the forum you can use that to find support.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Zammy Martínez

What do you mean?
    You lot have work to do to make us happier with your content, dont moan about minimal things because its not your pocket my purchases go from.

• Like Like x 1