Train Sim World 2020 Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

It's time to start your Journey with Train Sim World 2020!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 11
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

While the update is certainly a lot smaller than you'd guess from all the fanfare it gets from its makers, I still do like what we get with it. Some very necessary changes, some not so much but still nice to have.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WeaselKill

WeaselKill New Member

This update looks incredible, with great opportunity for new content. My only trouble is, when coming to purchase Train Sim World 2020 on top of my already existing Train Sim World (for the DLC), it will not let me do so on steam. Is there a problem here as I know you were previously able to do this with Train Simulator 2019?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MuldoonX9

MuldoonX9 New Member

The announcement article mentioned a discount for getting the new routes added to TSW 2020. Any idea when those discounts will go up?

• Like Like x 4
  5. blasdani

blasdani New Member

Hi,
    I don't understand the concept of 'Diorama'.
    In the menu its possible to select 'rural' or 'depot' but…

Regards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

so glad I can now see my task list by pressing 'T'

7. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

So you worked on whatever all of this is instead of finishing stuff you have promised ages ago like the editor, pis or the mulitplayer? You people cant be serious? Hilarious though how you updated all the tutorials when the scenarios are the only place where we could use this knowledge gained as all the trains in the timetable mode are still ready to go.

• Like Like x 5
  8. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Well as a PS4 player I am happy they worked on these changes. It makes the game as a whole a better experience and compared to the editor or multiplayer having a break down of your service plus the medals to go for really makes me want to replay routes more then I did. The UI updates are also a very welcomed change. Although I can respect that your upset I believe this as a welcomed update for the whole community.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I think I just got awarded 15 points for speeding. Why would that happen???

• Like Like x 2
  10. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Anyone know how to disable the AP messages at the top-right of the screen, as well as the ''arcade score'' that is always shown? Sheeesh, i feel like im playing pac man or space invaders.:|

• Like Like x 3
  11. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Maybe there proud of you for wanting to get there on time lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

No, but on the Microsoft Store there are only 10% discounts on the DLCs, which is only a $3 or $4 discount!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Are the medals only available for Service Mode / Timetable ? I see the medal icons next to each service in timetable mode but in the scenarios list I only have the green ticks (from when I completed them previously)

14. MetrolinkF125#916

In the live stream for TSW 2020 features, it mentioned getting full AP credit on keeping speed below limit (30 AP), Half when the speed is in yellow (1, 2 MPH above limit; 15 Action Points) and no credit for when the speed is in red!

• Like Like x 1
  15. blasdani

blasdani New Member

Hi,
    After the installation of TSW2020 (only update, i don't buy anything) i see that the amount of space in disk decreased 13Gb in the TSW folder.

Looking at the subfolders I see that there are two copies of TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-PaddingtonReading.pak, one in /TraisimWorld /windowsnoeditor/ts2prototype/content/DLC/ (13Gb) and the other in /TraisimWorld/ts2prototype/content/DLC/ (12.9 Gb)

I think you forgot to delete the second one in the update.

Regards.

16. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

On PC it's CTRL+6 to toggle the points. Presumably the manual for consoles has the appropriate method for them.

17. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

If I'm honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed by TSW2020. That'll teach me to believe the hype.

• Like Like x 2
  18. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Most of the enhancements in TSW 2020 are directed at new players, so they don't make much difference if you're already used to the game—but I think it'll be a significantly better experience if you haven't played TSW before and you start with 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MetrolinkF125#916

The diorama basically means that you can change the "wallpaper" in the main menu!

20. MetrolinkF125#916

I have a question. Someone before on a different forum mentioned that you can create a new profile to start over if you already owned TSW, but for that do you still keep your routes you have downloaded, or do you start with the default TSW 2020 routes (MSB, NTP, LIRR, Peninsula Corridor)? I hope someone has figured out something about this and have a great day everyone!

21. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

I'm generally glad for the new features, and especially the patches in the August Update.

However ...
    "For the new routes included in Train Sim World 2020 (Main-Spessart Bahn, Long Island Railroad, Northern-Trans Pennine), you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price."

This is quoted directly from their own article, still on the web site. Not seeing this materialize is highly disappointing, and erodes goodwill. Someone should at least tell us what happened here.

22. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

That's a fair comment.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Random Railfan

But still, why would I get any kind of reward for that?

• Like Like x 1
  24. thearkerportian

I could imagine that this is in reality the difference between an unfriedly word from your supervisor and more serious consequences.

It's quite close to what a train driver and YouTuber once said:
    If you creep an mph or two above the limits now and then, that's not supposed to happen, sure, but at the end of the day, nobody going to rip your head off for that. If it doesn't keep happening to you again and again, that is. Deliberate and/or severe speeding however is a very different story though. It is the fastest way to get fired.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Samuel

Samuel Member

Hi. Why previous routes don't have an option Journey? (NEC, RHR, WSR etc)

• Like Like x 3
  26. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Very true- in my job we operate under a just safety culture. The difference between an error and wilful departure from operating procedures is very inportant and reporting of safety related errors is encouraged and only results in disciplinary action if there was a negligent or wilful departure from SOPs. Its a good system that encourages a safety driven culture. Ultimately the focus is on the safety of the pax etc and quite rightly so.

• Like Like x 3
  27. thearkerportian

Exactly what I mean. Here in Germany we have PZB/LZB in addition to culture of course. Not only will they stop the train if it accelerates too much ar slows down insufficiently, as a driver you are also required to inform the signaller about why you just stopped for no apparent reason. Plus the DSK (black box essentially) will remember...

• Like Like x 2
  28. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Each of the routes mentioned and GWE is about €29,99, times 3 (or four) and you get the full price. The discount is how many DLC you don't have, 50% if you miss just 2 routes as one is free.
    And peninsula in the deluxe you can get for €20 extra instead of €30.

So. There is discount, how high, just depends on what you don't have.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I saw the post on the Steam forums about this and I can confirm this has happened to me as well. I'm a bit hesitant to touch the folders though because if you 'verify integrity' on TSW2020 at any point, those deleted folders will re-download.

In my case it also duplicated (along with TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-PaddingtonReading.pak)

TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-GP40-2.pak &
    TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-NECNewYork.pak

I'm just going to leave it as is and hope that it gets fixed up in a later update

30. Big Papi34

Actually positive train control will throw your train straight into emergency if you creep 1-2 mph over the limit. Engineer gave me advice when he let me tour his loco. There were also several other engineers that he knew that we're getting fired because they went to close to a red signal. They didn't go over the red signal, just too close.

• Like Like x 1
  31. MetrolinkF125#916

Oh wait, never mind! I already found out; until now!

32. MetrolinkF125#916

If you are purchasing Train Sim World 2020 and you already have the old version, I think it won't let you cuz you get a free update to TSW 2020 automatically, so you can't purchase the new version, you can only purchase DLC.

33. MetrolinkF125#916

There is actually no point in purchasing 2 copies of the same game!

34. MetrolinkF125#916

I opened the updated version today, and even if I updated my NEC route I I wouldn't get journey mode. Dovetail Games only did journeys for MSB, LIRR, NTP, and Peninsula Corridor because only those are included in the purchase version.

35. MetrolinkF125#916

Well, at least you are getting half credit on half-speeding!

36. MetrolinkF125#916

I also guess DTG was trying to be nice to you by providing that (especially for new players)!

37. MetrolinkF125#916

They should have made it available for free for existing players! At least just pay for Peninsula Corridor, and get NTP, LIRR, or MSB for free!

38. Random Railfan

Yeah fair point, but I feel like the game is sorta treating me like an idiot, even though I have lots of experience with the train simulation genre. There should be a "noob mode" setting or something that goes super easy on you like it does now. If you were to turn it off, it would deduct points for speeding right away. In fact, I don't even lose points of speeding. If you go "significantly over the speed limit," it just doesn't give points. At least TS19 doesn't soften the blow of being late or speeding, but rather absolutely destroys your score if you aren't paying attention to the speed limit.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Random Railfan

Might I add, it didn't do this before TSW2020. I know there wasn't a points system, but now they make me do tutorials for content I've already played, plus with the points system, they're way too generous. It just makes me feel like some noob that has never played a train sim before.

• Like Like x 3
  40. thearkerportian

Yep, I see what you mean. Achievement get - you opened the cab door. You actually opened it! Wow, how long did you practise?

• Like Like x 2
  41. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im disappointed with 2020. i feel like im being treated with kid gloves/newbie. i think there should be a new, moderate, advanced mode.

why should we have to do scenarios, and training again when we have already have done them. and the once we have done them they come up in the journey mode again and have to be done to get your medals and green box ticked.

there are now reports of 2020 crashing and i did a scenario 3 times on the new peninsular rocky road and never got a trophy for it

to me why try and fix something that worked well, i was never looking forwards to this update.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can skip the training/tutorials.

43. Big Papi34

I went "significantly over the speed limit" and got 30 points.

• Like Like x 1
  44. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I have points for overspeeding lol and sometimes I got “overspeeding warning” for running under the speed limit so what next time ? +100 for derailing :D

45. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"Beggars, beggars, at the door,
    Beggars, beggars, wanting more."

• Like Like x 3
  46. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

not being american. is it always misty in California. id always think it was always sunny and rain now and again. im talking about the new peninsular route.

whilst ive been driving trains in journey everything is always misty in the near and far distance and i cant pick out the upcoming signals. even if i used my external camera on top of the lead engine. no chance of seeing the signals or the nice views around

is it a dtg fault on the draw distance or maybe my ps4

47. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

I like the update on xbox one but since i have had tsw from the beginning i find it unfair that we only got 3 maps to start off with being Rapid Transit, Great Western Express and NEC with the game where those who get the new tsw get to start off with Long Island Rail Road, Northern Trans-Pennine, Maij Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg- Gemunden. Plus Great Western Express.

Can someone please explain why we only got 3 routes with the original tsw but those who buy 2020 get 4. Sure that unfair especially to those who have had tsw from the beginning

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  48. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Because when you bought TSW, it only came with 3 routes. When I bought it, it only came with one route CSX Heavy Haul. In case you haven’t figured it out yet, the world is not a fair place, nor will it ever be, so buck up and carry on. Don’t let the little things bother you or you will be perpetually upset.

Another way to look at the unfairness of it all, I have had several years of enjoyment with CSX HH and the other DLC, while those who are buying it today missed out on those years of entertainment. So it all how you look at i5...

• Like Like x 2
  49. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

Technically its 5 maps as deluxe get the brand new map as well. You could also say tho that we have had to buy all the extras where they are getting 4 or 5 free

50. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Journey mode is completely new with TSW 2020, so the new Peninsula Corridor route is the only one that features it. Will Journeys be added to older routes eventually? So far, I don't think that DTG has mentioned this.

• Helpful Helpful x 1