Train Sim World 2020 – In Detail

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Rygar

Rygar New Member

Hello, I know, people who have a boosted PC are so lucky :) but, PLEASE, is there some opportunity to get the topic bellow to someone from DTG? They really should improve the game for PS4 Pro, this is really important for a lot of gamers who have the console version of the game.

Topic here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ps4-pro-enhanced-tsw-2020.17627/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Back on that topic, while the background scenery didn't improve a lot, the bridge does have pillars now. It should be stated that this location is about the only place on the route where the lackluster distant scenery plays much of a role. The rest is too urbanized and built up for that, you're hardly if ever able to look very far. And may I say, with this route DTG have proven they're able to create credible cityscapes.

EDIT: One exception I should mention though are distant hills/mountains which are supposed to be covered in trees or neighborhoods. Still the same lonely tree/house here and there. You don't notice it much while focusing on operating the train, but while in stations - or afterwards on screenshots you may have taken - it sure is noticeable.

So much for my little review of that situation.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

How I can scroll at the end to see all stations where I stopped? I can’t find anything for it

• Like Like x 1
  4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Press T on PC, IDK for console, sorry.

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its not working. In the debrief screen you can only see a limited number of your stops and cant scroll them.
    Matt said they should be scrollable, so i guess we will get a fix for it at one point.

6. raildan

Works for me. You have to click on the screen and use the mouse to scroll by dragging the bar.

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Hm okay. Will try on Console if its working with some button press aswell. Thanks

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’ve tried on PS4 but there was nothing to scroll, on old TSW it was working with R3 I think

• Like Like x 1
  9. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

No. It is not just me.
    146 231 05.jpg
    TSW did not looke like THIS before. Wow :o

• Like Like x 1
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Once you’ve come to the end of your journey it can only display the first 6 station stops. I assume there’s supposed to be a scroll bar but it isn’t there, so sounds like a UI bug.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Time Schedule and Journey Mode are the same, I played Journey and it was done on time Schedule as well.

12. raildan

Interestingly, with scenarios at least, if you do a scenario outside of a journey it does not count on the journey.

13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Does this new route include any switching activities? All I have found so far is that it comes with "Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route", and an "Extensive 24-Hour Service Mode Timetable". Oh, and lest I forget the real jewel in the crown, "100 Collectibles for you to add to your route including Route Maps, No Trespassing Signs, Tourist City Posters and Ticket Machines." Whoopee!

14. LastTrainToClarksville

Can't resist telling you that in American slang, "boosted" means stolen, which adds a touch of ironic humor to your post.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  15. Pensfanvw

Pensfanvw Member

16. LastTrainToClarksville

My apologies -- I didn't mean to include that. I had just attached it to an email message before I wrote my reply and inadvertently pressed CTRL + V. Then I couldn't figure out how to remove the image. I just did so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LastTrainToClarksville

Having inspected the new route, I can now answer my own question: the five scenarios include one that involves freight; of the nine freight services, 6 include switching (based on their descriptions). On the whole, I'd say that's pretty good, given DTG's obvious preference for passenger trains.

• Like Like x 1