Introducing Tsw 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Jul 16, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Look forward to trying it out. Let's hope it's sorted out a few bugs along the way.

3. www.coreym1018

www.coreym1018 New Member

Will there be gaurd job tsw220

• Like Like x 2
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

I will say this only one time: How much would the upgrade discount cost?

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The only thing you will need to pay for will be the new route

6. www.coreym1018

Will the game be on disc

7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

No disc you would purchase the new content from the PS store once it is released.

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

That would be a first, buying a Xbox Game on the PS Store :P (just joking of course, dont worry)

9. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Look this is great news and all but seriously where are the One X optimisations? That really is getting out of hand now....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

West Coast route? I'm calling it now for the Surfliner Route. Or Cajon Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xD 2Bad4You

They already stated several times that they dont have any plans for Xbox One X / PS4 Pro enhancements. Since there isnt any offical word that states otherwise, this is still the official statement in that regard.
    And yes i know the Xbox Websites shows it as still coming, but thats on MS in that case.

Maybe they gone the extra mile with an enhanced Version in the "TSW 2020 upgrade", but until they release more info about the newly included features i wouldnt get my hopes up too much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Except for some that don't have all the DLCs. Just saying

13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Trying to reserve judgement until there are more details, but this seems a bit underwhelming at first glance .

Hopefully we'll get more information on the new route and game engine improvements soon.

The score points nonsense i just don't get- will this be in addition to the current meaningless XP system?

The "journeys" system sounds promising though, depending on how it's implemented. Anything that provides more opportunities to get use out of the routes is a good thing IMO- especially on consoles where we won't have access to an editor.

14. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

Eu gosto muito do jogo, não sei se mais pessoas aqui no Brasil, mas acho que é um pouco dos que gostam de fazer sexo.

Eu tenho um xbox one X e gostaria de saber mais detalhes sobre essas novas rotas, o novo sistema de pontuação e se teremos melhorias gráficas.

Eu não quero correr em 4K, mas se você já resolver o problema de falhas e bugs, o jogo será ainda melhor do que já é.

Ao dirigir uma locomotiva em alta velocidade, você precisa correr mais fluido no console. Aqui no Brasil para adquirir um jogador de PC é muito caro, sendo um investimento muito alto, por isso estou ansioso para melhorias neste fantástico jogo.

15. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

I hope the discount is half price because i need long island railroad and main spessart bahn plus the new u.s route if its good, it would be awesome if it was cajon pass san Bernardino to barstow. I hope we can jump from one route to the other whith out going back to the main menu. I hope we can select a service and after you finish you can skip to the next service in the pause menu. Maybe we will now have randomly generated services instead of a fixed amount because locos like the db br 185.2 only has 33 services on Ruhr sieg nord. Just my thoughts

16. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Nobody needs to purchase anything to get the update.

17. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

18. Mkdog45

Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread.

19. TrainSim-Daniel

As noted previously more details will be released closer to launch.

20. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

As far as this west coast American route is concerned, my guess is gonna be a TSW version of the Peninsula Corridor between San Francisco and San Jose, because it's the only full route that I know of on the west coast short enough to fit into TSW. If they did something like the Pacific Surfliner, they wouldn't get very far and not much would be featured. Maybe an individual Metrolink Line, or the section of the Surfline between San Diego and Oceanside with Coaster trains?

21. Mkdog45

Thank you

22. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Do existing digital deluxe edition owners get a discount in the new route?

23. xD 2Bad4You

Cant know for sure, but i´m pretty sure that this wont be the case. Its just a normal Route addon like all the others have been.

24. www.coreym1018

I wonder its just an tsw 2020 update for tsw digital deluxe edition cause. i have tsw digital deluxe edition:

25. xD 2Bad4You

Its a update for all that own TSW. It doesnt matter which Version you own (excluding Founders Edition). No payment required.
    If you have all routes already you can, if you like, buy the new US route as normal. It will be a normal Route Addon at the normal price point.

If you are new to TSW you can get it when it releases next month with a selection of newer routes which are representing the game better.
    If you own only some of the routes that are included in the new bundle you can upgrade for a discounted price to get the other routes if you want. You will still get the update for free if you arent interested in the routes included in the new bundle.

The Update features as far as we know currently The new ‘Journey’ system, Improved tutorials and scoring, the new Action Points system and the overhauled User Interface.

We will learn more about the new Features included and the possible bug fixes that are implemented in the free Update as we get closer to the release. We will also learn more about the new route on the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

Como as rotas LIRR, MSB serão expandidas?

27. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

Não vai haver expansões por enquanto, só melhorias de interface e de qualidade.

28. Infinity Explorer

Infinity Explorer Member

Translation: No expansions for now, only interface and quality upgrade

29. Mkdog45

We are also getting a new US route at the same time

30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I do hope there’s actually something to draw the Xbox one x graphics closer to the pc.

31. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If you already own TSW, you will get a free update to TSW 2020. Also, if you don't own LIRR, MSB, or NTP, you can get any of these for a discounted price once it is released. Also, I believe the new US Caltrain route would be the average route price (29.99).

32. www.coreym1018

How much is tsw 2020 cost and when is it on xbox store

33. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

34. xD 2Bad4You

The price hasn't been officially announced as far as I know. Could be that the new version is between 39,99 and 60$.

However if you currently own the game the feature update will be free.You can upgrade to the new bundle at a reduced price if you don't own all of the routes included it. Or you just buy the new route as a regular addon.

It's really up to you if you want to pay or not. You can enjoy the new features and possible bug fixes without spending anything on the routes you already own.

It will be released on August 15th.

• Like Like x 1
  35. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Hey, I see the update is up. Nice load times which is great.

But... I was of the impression there would be an upgrade option for existing users to complete the track package. But the tracks are full price (Main Spessart for example). What's the deal? I'm missing two of the four routes and would gladly pay to upgrade but I don't think it's quite fair we pay the full individual track price... What do the Devs suggest or intend here?

• Like Like x 1
  36. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

Opa pessoal da Dovetail, vejam por favor para dar mais desconto na nova rota de São Francisco, aqui no Brasil está por R$ 116,00.

37. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

VERY DISAPPOINTED!! Funny costumes and green everything?!?! Com'on dtg seriously bro's wtf game is a steaming pile of boogers

38. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

Where are the discounts as per this paragraph on your own website...??

Already own Train Sim World?
    When Train Sim World 2020 releases on August 15th, you will get all of the new features as part of a free Train Sim World update regardless of what content you own. All of the routes/locos you currently own will stay as part of your collection to enjoy as usual. For the new routes included in Train Sim World 2020 (Main-Spessart Bahn, Long Island Railroad, Northern-Trans Pennine), you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price.

• Like Like x 1
  39. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

If I didn't know any better this seems a lot like a Bait & Switch. False advertising at the least. Come on Devs - do the right thing here and at least provide a response. I'm a huge fan, I'm tempted to buy the game, but it doesn't sit right that you promised us commited fans something that you aren't delivering on. This isn't like 4k HDR and much more akin to when you launched Train Sim World for Founders.

40. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

No new gratis route and grafics are just very bad on Xbox X, much worse than on the PC.
    I hope that will be better in the future on Xbox Scarlett and PS5.

41. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

I love love love the pinesila corridor!!! Very buggy and glitchy but it a new program. Some of it is to be expected. And I'm not to worried because I know it will be fixed soon. Keep the American railway and locos coming. PLEASE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  42. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

Are we likely to see a response in relation to why the advertising and announcements around TSW 2020 differed from the launch regarding cost for current users to upgrade to TSW2020? It wouldn't irk me so much if the comms hadn't promised something and then under delivered...

• Like Like x 1
  43. d.scotty1973

d.scotty1973 New Member

So I think my tsw has been upgraded, not sure tho, do I get any additional trains or routes or do I need to buy tsw 2020
    And does anyone else think 24.99 is a bit on the steep side for the Northern Trans Pennine, does this come with tsw 2020??

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  44. www.coreym1018

Hi is there a manaul for
    pinesila corridor! Tsw

45. TrainSim-Dmitri

46. d.scotty1973

d.scotty1973 New Member

I got none of this in my so called update, not even sure it has been updated, have we been lied to

47. TrainSim-Dmitri

If you only have the base game that you bought a while ago, and it includes GWE, Rapid Transit and Northeast Corridor, then by purchasing TSW 2020 you will get access to Trans-Pennine, Main-Spessart Bahn and Long Island Rail Road for £24.99.

48. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ Member

So I take it that given the questions around why the announced discounts for users of TSW don't exist aren't being responded to is that the Devs don't want to engage in that discussion. I'm not the only user who would appreciate an answer. It's really poor form to just ignore the elephant in the room on your own official forums. You guys are quick to say it's only a small market for these kind of games, and yet treat your own community like this? All it would take is a "apologies that the communication wasn't clear, the pathway to get access to the new tracks is to purchase the new TSW. No discount is given for tracks you already own". Then at least we'd have a statement of fact for clarity's sake.

49. d.scotty1973

d.scotty1973 New Member

I should not have to purchase a game that I already have and that apparently has been updated to TSW 2020 just to get the addon I want for 24.99, something does not compute with this

50. TrainSim-Daniel

You're not paying for the game again. Your paying for the Add-Ons included. Essentially the core game is free however it has nothing you can use as the actual content is the Add-Ons themselves.