East Midlands

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by sophieclarke1983, Aug 22, 2019.

1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to see a route based from Nottingham Midland station such as Nottingham to skegness via Grantham' or Nottingham to Lincoln via newark castle also would be nice to feature rolling stock such as class 158 156 or class 170 turbo star dmu also would be nice to see updates to the gwr London paddington's to reading with extension s on that line with ability to do round trips also would be nice to have some new rolling stock added also on the networker turbo trains to get the electronic destinations working as they do on the German tsw routes also for the destination boards at stations to work and maybe the passenger lifts at stations

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

This is the TS20xx forums, not TSW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nyseu85

Nyseu85 Member

All of the trains you have listed in Your post are already in the game for a long time.

4. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Well, as this is a route proposal thread it isn't necessarily an issue. There was no new rolling stock included with the recent Southampton route.

5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? The OP only mentions TSW in "as they do In TSW". Seems to me that the OP is referring to TS content.

6. Gipsy_Danger

I believe he is referring to TSW as he requests stock already In TS20XX and mentiones features in TSW routes. I may be wrong but that’s my best guess.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Read it again - the OP wants a modern route based around the Nottingham area - unlike the previous steam era route
    And asking not for new trains but the 156, 158, 170 to be included.
    The OP then goes to say "to get the electronic destinations working as they do on the German tsw routes" as in it would be good if we had modern changeable electronic destination blinds in TS.

Peter

8. Gipsy_Danger

He also mentions the GWR London Paddington to Reading route which we don’t have in TS20xx, only to Oxford furthering my point he is suggesting content for TSW. Also we do have changeable destination displays on many trains in TS

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Your knowledge of the GWR is not very good as Oxford is beyond Reading and you have to drive thru it to reach Oxford on the GWR Route.
    But please tell me which Electronic changeable destination displays we can have in TS 2019 and not those you set up before running the scenario.

10. Gipsy_Danger

I know the GWR well, I live very close it. When I said only to Oxford I meant we don’t have a route that has the end point as Reading, only the end point as Oxford. Anyway I won’t be able to name them all I’m sure but here is my list. Class 444, class 450, Southern class 455, Class 315, Class 150/2, Class 460, Class 442. Also a lot of German things and pretty much anything Just trains or Armstrong Powerhouse has made which is at least 20 more trains.

11. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I must apologise, it is a constant frustration with this hobby that you're never far away from someone who assumes they know better or will immediately call out the smallest of errors in a way that makes the victim feel belittled. Some of course are very helpful here and realise that newbies or casual players are put off by arrogance. So I'm sorry that your question wasn't dealt with in the friendly manner that you conveyed in your post.

That done. Yes, I totally agree. There is a freeware route to Skeggie or maybe Hull across the Humber but it's still on my list to investigate so I've no idea what other DLC requirements are needed. Some find downloading and installing non-Steam content daunting but some of us are here to help. There's an East Midlands coal route about to be released and Just Trains are working on Nottingham to Sheffield. But Lincolnshire and Humber are somewhat under represented in the game and I'm always open to new experiences.

12. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member