Ce-34878-0 Error In Wsr Scenario!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by NekoTashi, Aug 23, 2019.

1. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

So I get this game crash/error when I attempt to take over the Class 09 Diesel-Electric Locomotive on the scenario of Minehead Shunter Part 2.

See video of when and how it happens:
    https://flic.kr/p/2h423hW

I'm just wondering if you guys have this issue as well since I couldn't find anyone else on the forum/internet. I submitted a ticket, but they told me so far that I'm the only one who reported this issue. So leave a comment below if you encounter this same issue as well in this particular scenario.

And please submit a ticket if you encounter the same issue as me here.

For those who played this scenario before the 2020 update: Yes I saw some videos of people completing the scenario in the past. But I think that issue came with the 2020 update. So feedback from before that update won't help me at all.

Thanks in advanced. ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I read your message and I played the scenario. Got the same error in the same position. I'm a new user with TSW 2020 update. Submitted a ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Elmerson

Elmerson New Member

Yes I have the same problem (you just beat me posting & I will also be submitting a ticket)... Tried WSR "Minehead Shunter Part 2" Scenario about 5 times and crashed to the 'Blue Screen CE-34878-0' error EVERY time, at the same spot. I have a PS4Pro, with the latest system update (6.72) and purchased the WSR route on sale, then updated to theTSW 2020 patch for PS4 (1.20).

I am an experienced PS4 TSW player with a number of expansions & recently added WSR. I find the route relaxing, with the low heritage-route speed limit providing an opportunity to focus on the various cab controls, while still enjoying the scenery.

I suspect, since the crash was not previously noted on this older DLC, it was introduced with the new TSW 2020 patch. I follow the scenario task instructions to the letter, then after mounting the BR Class 09 shunter driver's seat, I get a "Do you want to leave the service 'Minehead Loco 2' and take contol of service 'Class 09'?" pop-up screen... When I say yes... Pow, Blue Screen!

• Like Like x 2
  4. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

I totally agree with you! Its very relaxing and the scenery is so beautiful. :)

And thank you guys for submitting this issue to the support team. And for taking the time to try that scenario. My ticket has been logged. So I don't know what that means but I hope they fix this so that we can finish that scenario. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’ve had WSR since day 1 on PS4 but not tried the Minehead Shunter Scenarios for a while so I’ll give them a go later and report back

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

I also got blue screened at the same place....taking over the 09. Will log a ticket

• Like Like x 1
  7. TinTin_57

The other thing I noticed was when I drove the 47 onto the turntable, there wasn’t any speed that wasn’t considered over speeding. Even 0.1mph was red!

• Like Like x 3
  8. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Yeah same with me.

9. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Welcome aboard the Error Express, lol! WSR, in particular the Class 09, is a MESS. For another nightmare, try running scenario "To The Beach". No matter what order you turn on marker lights, #4 is a pain to turn on. Then, engine drives like it's dying, impossible to stick to schedule.
    (For newbies, upvote each other's posts). Enjoy ;>)

• Like Like x 2
  10. ildario77

Got a reply from support.... Quite useless. They advice to reinstall the game or rebuild the database (already did, of course). In addition this: "Please also ensure that all Add-Ons have fully updated as they should update one by one until completed and this can take a considerable amount of time". What does it mean? I can't see any option on PS4 to update add-ons one by one... It just says that the main game is up to date...

• Like Like x 2
  11. TinTin_57

I had the same, not doing it though. I'll wait for the fix to come

• Like Like x 1
  12. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

The person who wrote you that, clearly doesn't own a PS4 lol. Yeah with me their responds was pretty useless as well. They said to me that they were gonna log my ticket since I was the only one having this issue (hence why I made this topic on the forum). Which sounds to me that they are going to ignore it. He also claimed that none of their systems is crashing on any route or service. I told him to stop telling me fairy tales lol. Cause that is straight BS.

Its a great game, I love it. But the support team leaves a lot to be desired (which is sad to be honest).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Yeah its not worth it. Won't fix the issue at all (doing what they advised you). They always advise these common steps to keep you busy. That way they have less work to do you know. ;) But I always tell them that I already did that lol. Because I know from experience that those steps NEVER resolve any crashing issues on console. At least not with me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ildario77

They wrote they're not able to replicate the error, lol. I linked your video. We'll see...

• Like Like x 1
  15. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Yeah they said the same with me. XD

• Like Like x 1
  16. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This is a bug. Or, if you want to be less controversial, it's the "lack of implementation of a crash preventing feature" (which is also known as "not writing robust scripts"). It is disappointing that nobody from DTG helped you with this, as the bug is very very easy to diagnose, and incredibly easy to fix (a five minute job). The clue that you are going to crash out of the scenario is the message you get before trying to take over the Class 09...

The problem you encountered is that you have not handed off control of the Class 47. And the way the scenario is scripted, it is not expecting you to take over the Class 09 until you have released the Class 47. It wants you to do something else first. BUT... the scenario doesn't tell you this.....

To finish the scenario, with the bug in place, you need to start the scenario again (not from a save game), and do everything, as normal, until you are given the instruction to disembark from the 47. You will now leave the cab and walk over to the turntable controls, but don't touch anything yet. You will be asked to "Unlock the turntable". Don't do this yet.

Instead, you have to "Operate" the turntable, by clicking on the button below the "unlock" lever (by using the triangle button on PS4). This releases the Class 47 from your control, and you are now in control of a Class 666 Turntable Loco, and you are in it's driver's seat. The turntable is a locomotive, of sorts.... (Check your camera options at this point, and you will see what I mean). Anyway - now do everything else as normal. Unlock the turntable and rotate it, lock it again, and "hop off" (by unoperating it and leaving the "seat" by pressing the triangle button again on DualShock). Now you have released the Class 666 Turntable Loco, and you can walk over to the Class 09, unhindered by being bound to any other locos. Now, when you try to sit in the driver's seat of the 09, that pre-crash message won't appear. It will be completely normal.

You might be able to do everything as normal in a different sequence, but, just before you go to the Class 09 you *must* Operate the turntable (with the triangle button), and hop off it. Otherwise the Class 09 gets really upset.

To fix the "bug", the Devs simply need to alter the script thus:
    1. Add an instruction to the User to "Operate the turntable" (before the "Unlock" instruction)
    2. Disable all of the turntable functions unless the User is in the driver's seat

That's it. The bug was there before TSW2020, and is still there now. It would take five minutes to fix it.

EDITED: To tidy up a typo and add more references to the triangle button

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. synthetic.angel

This is actually a useful feature. There is a speed limit on the turntable, and that limit is 0mph. The speed limit is only in force (and highlighting in red on your speedo) when your locomotive is straddled between the turntable and the permanent way.

In short, when you cross onto the turntable, your speedo will go red. As you move fully into the turntable, the speedo will go white, and it is then safe to turn the turntable. If you don't stop in the right place, and straddle the other side, then the speedo will go red again.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ildario77

Wow, that's great, man. Thanks a lot. I suspected that message about leaving Class 47 was the turning point... I will try this tonight. DTG made some embarrassing mistakes with this game. These bugs could be fixed easily and we would have a better game experience. You should send your posts to DTG developers (also that one about Penn Station tunnel). We all love this game, but we deserve a better customer support and a better quality control...

• Like Like x 1
  19. TinTin_57

Hmmm they have changed something in one of the updates though. I did this scenario on release and a couple of times after that and always run it the same way. This is the first time there has been a missing instruction I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. synthetic.angel

I have found your post here to be a very useful post, because I now keep my eyes open for this red speedo appearing, whenever I am sure that I am under the speed limit. This stopped me from crashing the train in the (LIRR) Maintenance Maneuver scenario, where the points somehow changed, mid carriage, making my train start to run on two parallel tracks (see picture). I nearly hit that support on the left, with the middle of the carriage..... Anyway - you can see the speedo in red, which I now assume has a general meaning that not all of the train is on the same line (as opposed to it just being a turntable thing). It's always fun to find these things out as you go....!

As an aside - I am really quite impressed that this parallel running was fully modelled in TSW (look at that bogie....!). It isn't straightforward to model this - there are true pivot points on those bogies, and possibly some true modelling of the wheel/rail interface. It is amazing to see this, in my opinion, for what it's worth. Maintenance Man Across Tracks.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: Just in case it isn't clear from the picture - there is no set of points (or a switch) under the train..., hence the emergency brake.... Well, everything works better when you turn it up to eleven... ;-)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Elmerson

Elmerson New Member

---

---- -- -- ----
    SOLUTION! - IT WORKED... Thanks very much!!!

It was as an unclear scripting issue. After departing the BR Class 47 loco, instead of 'mounting the turntable platform and "unlocking" & operating the turntable', I FIRST mounted the platform, THEN "sat in the seat" by pushing the TRIANGLE BUTTON on my PS4. I THEN operated/rotated the platform and left it (by again pushing the triangle button on PS4) and continued the scenario instructions, including getting into the Class 09 loco driver's seat (this time without getting a pop-up menu question) and was able to complete this fun WSR scenario.

Part of the problem, was the game ALLOWED me to climb on & operate the turntable controls without FIRST "sitting", BEFORE operating it (apparently later confusing the game logic). Thanks again NekoTashi for posting the issue & synthetic.angel for the solution.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Same problem on Xbox, so thought I'd search on here. Will try the work around. Thanks all.

23. garingdahl

garingdahl New Member

Great the "sitting" at rhe turntable controls solved the Engine issue. Now how do I get past these Red Lights....smh?

24. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

This issue should now be resolved as of todays update (in theory) without having to do the sitting on the turntable.

25. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Lots of people are getting the same error on NTP and was introduced with the heavy freight pack dlc.. Will they fix it? Probably not.

26. synthetic.angel

To be fair - if there is a similar problem to the Class 09 Minehead Shunter 2 on the NTP Freight Pack, the designer (who might have already contributed to this thread), will fix it, as I am very sure that he takes a great deal of pride in his work. But, it might take a very long time for the information to get to him to find out there is a problem....

So - if you put some details here, it will get acted on, methinks. Or you could report it to the Support system, if you like.