Ps4 Trophy For Coupling Freight Cars On Lirr Route (with Voting)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by synthetic.angel, Aug 27, 2019.

?
  1. Only if there's been a bad accident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sure, I did it yesterday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends what you mean by "freight cars"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, LIRR does not have freight cars

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The "Car Collector" Trophy requirements have changed under TSW2020 to include freight cars coupled on the LIRR route... But... there are no freight cars on the LIRR route, surely?

The trophy is (presumably) not available to anyone that buys TSW2020, but hasn't bought TSW2018 (or/for the NEC route). Unless I have misunderstood this completely, this looks slightly silly? Why not make it achievable with GWE/MSB freight cars, which are included in TSW2020?

Sanity check please (!) - I am told that this could be a problem with my PS4, or maybe with Sony? Does anybody else see that the "Car Collector" trophy requirements are now listed as "Couple to 380 freight cars on New York foundation or Long island Rail Road"...? (See Poll Voting)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Yes, that is exactly what the car collector trophy requirements are now shown as on PS4. However, there aren't any freight cars on LIRR.
    Would be interesting to know if it is the same on Xbox and PC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah I raised this right away having played LIRR since release in December. Does it mean freight is coming and they made an error in letting us know early?

• Like Like x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

Ah, I was hoping that I was wrong, and that there would be the possibility of collecting a few wagon loads of Doubleday books at Country Life Press, and delivering them all the way to Hempstead, so that the locals wouldn't have to walk to get the latest volume in Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.

5. synthetic.angel

I don't think that the LIRR timetable has paths available for freight, even at night. It's probably Sony's fault that the trophy information is a bit ropey. I can't imagine DTG getting this wrong.

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think though that the trophies are decided by DTG, all it could be is a typo as they were updating them I guess

• Like Like x 1