Msb - All In Order

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xxhotwheelsxx, Aug 29, 2019.

1. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Hi all!

Managed to pick up MSB on the cheap to add to the list of things to complete in the coming few months!

However, I am having an issue with the trophy relating to all scenarios: it simply doesnt unlock! I have completed all scenarios with my main original profile, and also completed them with two brand new profiles (the usual fix suggested when submitting a ticket) and the trophy would not pop at all! Lots of wasted hours there and now i am unsure on which profile to try and complete all MSB trophy tasks.

Help please!

• Like Like x 1
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It has been reported to Support, and there's a thread on it here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dlc-trophies-profiles-problems.17914/

If I were you, I would wait until it is patched. You could send another Support Ticket as well (many people do this), but I am not sure Support will be in a position to actually help you. Don't rebuild your PS4, whatever you do, not for a trophy.

3. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Thanks for this, I had looked through this issue but couldn’t find it. I have submitted a ticket and hope this will be fixed.
    Do you think I should carry on with MSB at all (I.e. completing services as I got the trophy for completing 1 service, weirdly!) or just leave it until another patch is released?

4. synthetic.angel

You should certainly carry on. MSB is quite superb. The Journey feature here is very well curated - so go for it.

Then try timetabled services in different weather conditions, and take some screenshots (if you like that sort of thing).

Try switching on SIFA, and get used to that sultry German guy, craving your constant attention.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Thanks for this. I was always intending to carry on, I was just unsure whether to plough hundreds of hours in if trophies aren’t working - I would hate to do all 309 services only to not get the trophy!

6. synthetic.angel

Hello again...

So, I would answer this in two ways....

1. The "All In Order" trophy on MSB was known to not work before TSW was updated to TSW2020. And now that we have TSW2020, there are clearly lots of new problems with the way the core software counts events and overall progress, and how the UI displays them. This could impact on any trophy that counts an event (or not). For example, according TSW2020, I have completed twelve out of five scenarios on MSB, and it actually says "12/5". I have completed all of these scenarios under the scenario tab, and done the same under the Journey tab - but got no trophy. Similarly, I have now done 6/5 scenarios on LIRR, and have not got the "Accessed All Areas" trophy for completing all of those scenarios. As it stands, there is no guarantee that you will get many of the trophies for TSW2020. You will have to wait until TSW2020 is tested by someone, and then fixed, before these trophies are awarded (for your current progress), or become available (if the fix doesn't take into account what you have done before the fix). You should assume for now that the trophy system is completely broken.

2. Aside from the trophy system, the game itself is very much worth playing. If you enjoy the wonders of MSB, then keep playing it. If you reach the point where:

- the wonderful scenery becomes very familiar/ordinary, in all weather conditions
    - you know the route intimately, and could probably drive it in real life
    - you can keep to timetable on every service, even with SIFA on
    - you have taken every screenshot you could ever want to
    - you can get maximum AP points on every single service, even with PZB switched on

.... then maybe you will run out of things to do, and if you are bored at this point, but you want to carry on just for a trophy, then I suggest you stop, because you might not get the trophy you want. Let me know if you ever reach that point... ;-)

It's a great game - Play It For The Game....!

(Trophies are, of course, important - and they should always work flawlessly in every PS4 title. Most PS4 developers take this issue very seriously - a trophy not working is considered a major fault, but when lots and lots of trophies don't work that points to something else entirely, with respect to the management of the game design....).

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

To my mind the trophy system should never have been included in a simulator but other people's minds may vary

On the point of
    it sounds to me like they've written the code to be an absolute "if trophies equals equals the max value then give trophy" whereas they should probably have written "if trophies is equal to or greater than the max value then give trophy". This WOULD give a different unexpected result, but would give people the trophy nonetheless, and if they're trophy hunters then that's what they want, right?

8. synthetic.angel

I don't know how they have coded it. To be absolutely frank, I am not sure if anyone knows. I am very sure that nobody tested the system (or if they did then.....um...!!!???.....). But my guess (and it is a complete guess) is that my "12/5" display for MSB is purely cosmetic, and isn't linked to the requirements for awarding the trophy. Such a count could be generated by your logic, but in my case (with MSB) it couldn't because I did them once each, in order, under "Scenarios", then once each again, in order, under "Journey". (So, I would have hit completion=5). And I have no idea where the other 2 comes from, but my guess (again, a complete guess) would be that it has counted my 3 completed Intro modules as 2. So, 5+5+(3-1)=12. And yes, that would mean that the formula would be (Scenarios plus Scenarios plus Intros minus First Intro)/(Scenarios), which is nuts.... But.. hey... who knows?

If I repeat another MSB scenario, and the count goes to 13/5, then that would be useful to know... I might look into it.

Your scheme would work, and if coded in, could release all of the trophies that should have been unlocked, for all players. I understand that they have sorted out the base trophies (although the new Car Collector one still looks completely bizarre, in my opinion). There are different ways to code it, and the leanest way would be to code it to stop running the code once the trophy has been awarded. And I suspect that this is what is happening - the module counting code for the trophy isn't running, not because the trophy has been awarded, but because something else that switched it off hasn't been written robustly enough. Pure guess though. ;-)

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's around about what I was thinking. They recorded the completions wrong (I can think of a few ways how) rather than having a list of scenarios that make up the trophy and marking them complete no matter how that was done
    And even now they're allowing it to continue IF they are counting completions rather than marking specifics complete
    I guess it depends on how the trophies database works given they have "rack em up" trophies for miles covered etc and "specific instance" trophies for things like map discovery and scenario completion

In the end as a user you may not care how it works so long as it does, but on the "how do you fix it?" point, that's what I would be looking at

10. synthetic.angel

I have developed a work-around to obtain this MSB trophy, and managed to get the "All In Order" trophy today. I will release the solution soon - but I want to complete testing of the same principle on the LIRR "Access All Areas" trophy first.

I don't want to waste anyone's time, and I want to be reasonably sure of my workaround, before I release it. I have about 50-80 per cent certainty that my solution works. When it is tested on the LIRR trophy, I will be about 95-99 per cent sure, and I will then disclose the solution.

If anyone reading this, has suddenly obtained the "All In Order" trophy, out of the blue, this week (w/c 9/9/19), then I would be grateful if you let me know, as this will help me understand and validate my test results. Also, if you have completed the five MSB scenarios, but not received the "All In Order" trophy, please let me know. This will really help.

The solution that I have arrived at is, in my humble opinion, truly sickening - and the worst thing I have seen on TSW by a very long way (if I am right....). I will probably propose a firm fix if the test on LIRR works, and it might well look strikingly similar to the fix that I have proposed here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/lirr-access-all-areas-trophy-is-not-achievable.18223/

11. synthetic.angel

So... my MSB scenario count settled at 12/5. And the formula appears to be:

(A+B+(C-D-E))/F, which works out as (5+5+(4-1-1))/5 which is 12/5, where

A=scenarios completed under "Scenarios"
    B=scenarios completed under "Journey"
    C=Number of "Introductions" under "Training"
    D=Number of Introductions that have a medal placeholder but can't be medalled
    E=Number of Introductions marked as "white ticked" but can't be medalled
    F= Number of Scenarios

And this formula appears to work for every route (except, possibly... NEC and RT).

I think it is purely cosmetic. A bit like someone putting orange lipstick on the Mona Lisa's lips. I don't currently think this drives the count of events for any trophies, or that there is a common/root cause to UI display issues and trophy issues.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  12. synthetic.angel

I have now obtained the LIRR "Access All Areas" trophy, using the same method used for "All In Order", and have a reliable working workaround for all of these trophy failures. I want to give DTG an opportunity to explain the issue, and what they will do to fix it, before I release the workaround. Hopefully Dmitri will respond to this thread:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/lirr-access-all-areas-trophy-is-not-achievable.18223/

13. synthetic.angel

Hello HotWheels...

I have posted a solution to this MSB:All In Order trophy here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

I too had three attempts at this trophy, once under Scenarios, once under Journey, and once again on a new profile, each attempt taking four hours, and no trophy.

But when I used my solution (with a another new profile), the trophy came. The MSB trophies are a bit strange, so if you don't get the trophy instantly (after you complete the last scenario), then let the PS4 think about it for a few hours (without doing any other scenarios). Mine took four hours to come. That's four hours, not four days or four weeks or four months..... ;-)

The equivalent LIRR: Accessed All Areas trophy was delivered instantly, using the same method described here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

14. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Thank you for the help mate. You have invested a lot of time on this “fix” and, while I haven’t tried it yet, the fact you have managed to find a workaround (and a developer with significant knowhow and clout have not) is admirable. I will update you when I have tried it myself!

15. lukemonster#2518

lukemonster#2518 New Member

Hi there I saw this message and I know it been a long time 5 years to be more exact but I wanna know if you finally got the trophy "All In Order" did you finally achieve the trophy in the end?

16. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You could have created a brand new thread instead of reviving 2 old threads

• Like Like x 1
  17. lukemonster#2518

So? Am I not allowed to ask? He wrote that he would try it and let us know and nothing happened.

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You can ask but a quick look at that member’s profile page shows that they haven’t been seen on the forum for nearly 4 years. Good luck.

19. lukemonster#2518

Why everyone so negative when I just ask a simple question? It not just you I'm asking.