PlayStation Trophy Hunters

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Manfonse, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Annnnnnddd car Collector just popped for me... Seemingly randomly, seems to be a trend.

Only trophy I have left for platinum is the "New Yorker" trophy, already completed all NEC services a while back but the trophy never popped, anyone know if the DLC services will add to the total now, such as the cab car and yard goat?

• Like Like x 1
  2. wayneb

wayneb New Member

I've completed all the training missions for the new Peninsula Corridor and got the trophy but it hasnt rewarded me the trophy for the completion of the F40PH-2CAT introduction tutorial? I've definitely finished it in the stand alone training menu and even in the journey mode just in case I needed to do in both to obtain the trophy. Whats going on?!

3. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

They should do, when I did the RT version for this achievement, It unlocked after completing a dlc service.

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah this one doesn’t pop for me. Also complete all scenarios doesn’t pop either.

Was thinking of creating a dummy profile and running them again. Anyone done that? Profile screen has moved and was going to click ‘log out of profile’ hoping that would bring me to the create additional profile screen we used to get. Worried though logging out of profile might delete it though so haven’t bothered so far. I was chatting to Matt on discord and mentioned these weren’t coming up

5. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I've also been having issues with the peninsula corridor trophies.

I started it up on my usual DLC profile, did the tutorials and nothing...Then went to my regular profile did the tutorials and it popped, did the Rocky Road scenario, no trophy...it's left me a bit confused...

6. TinTin_57

So does that ‘log out of this profile’ just take you back to the old screen we used to have previously which shows your main profile and the option to create a new one?

I’ll create a test one as I have done before and just run them again if that’s the case. Been worried about losing my main progress with the way a couple of the screens have changed

7. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

TinTin_57 If you go to the little head icon at the bottom and click square to change a profile, it'll give you an option to create a new one :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Finally got the car collector and paltinum after sticking my save onto online storage and deleting the system one. Went to last scenario free play and got it. weird though nothing happened doing it by getting out the gp38. had to use external camera.

Now onto the next problem the wsr collectables on two different profiles wont work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TinTin_57

I also created a new profile and ran all Peninsula Corridor scenarios again. Doing this allowed me to get both the scenario related trophies. Took several hours again though which is a shame

• Like Like x 1
  10. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I did the scenarios for the MSB and nothing popped...I don't mind doing it on another profile too much, but it's still annoying...

11. TinTin_57

Same for me on MSB. There is some underlying issue going on

12. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

Is that when you originally bought it or when it came with the update? It happened to me on the RSN and NTP as well when I first got them.

13. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

It seems like DLC trophies are more bugged since the 2020 update. I did all scenarios on Ruhr Siege Nord but didn't get the trophy. Very frustrating...

14. TinTin_57

For MSB it was when I bought it. For NTP could have been the same, I really can't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

There is 2 glitched collectables for the new dlc, one at burlingame and one at menlo park - both collectables are in areas you cant get to :(

16. TinTin_57

Yeah I heard that. Hopefully there will be a quick fix for that. I have started collecting the other 98

17. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of the Trophy for the BR 155 for 1550km is fixed? I remember the issues with the game not tracking the distance properly or at all.

18. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Yes. I have got all the trophies for the BR155.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Has anyone found any out of bound tricks for getting the last 2 unobtainables yet? I currently have 1 of them, and have another method for getting the out of bounds near the other, but it looks like there is invisible walls surrounding it from every angle :/

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I got Main Spessart Bahn Level 20 Trophy finally, but first at level 23.

21. TinTin_57

No for me both are completely out of bounds. Sure this one will be patched soon along with some of the other early Peninsula bugs people have reported

22. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I have the MSB trophy bug too for all senarios completed. Just won't pop even on 2 different profiles.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  23. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

4C23195B-AAFB-4E0E-B0D9-2771C8DDC3EA.jpeg 6A1EB9A7-40EC-45FD-84A6-D1D871BA760A.jpeg I’m still having a few issues. I followed the steam guide for collectibles on RSN. I thought I got them all but the trophy didn’t unlock.
    There’s one no entry sign on the guide that’s on a wall next to a tunnel, it says it’s hidden and u have to walk up and it just pops on the wall, but I can’t get it to work. This is the only trophy I need for 100% RSN. The photos here show my stats and where that supposed hidden sign is.

Also, I’m sure I have met the requirements for Car Collector trophy over the last 2 days. But hasn’t unlocked.

Any ideas?

24. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

On RSN, 143 passenger pickups in the 143 not working either.
    I'm just playing the game to enjoy it now and given up on the trophies as a part time thing as there are too many broken ones now.

• Like Like x 2
  25. wayneb

wayneb New Member

There really is a LOT of broken trophys on this game. I don't think the update has helped as maybe a lot of saved stuff from previously played games may have been wiped. It is heart-breaking though to put in countless hours of grinding a specific challenge only for nothing to show for your hard work. Trophys aren't for everyone but for those that like to be presented with a challenge with the trophy goal..it really is quite poor the developers don't spend more time making sure they work correctly once that goal has been reached.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  26. TinTin_57

I do have the collectibles one Manfonse so if I get a chance later I will try and look if I can locate this one you are missing on my RSN and screenshot it.

27. TinTin_57

Manfonse I had a look at the guide. As I recall with this one, once you have found the correct tunnel just walk up against the parapet as it shows on the screenshot and somehow it pops up. I also recall I went to the wrong end of the tunnel and assumed it wasn't working so I I tried all 4 corners of the tunnel t find it. Is this the one that is in the middle of nowhere and involves a fair walk? It's been a while since I did these to be honest.

28. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

if the devs could stop making new routes and concentrate in fixing the the bugs and glitches (trophies and game breaking bugs) like collectibles impossible to get and trains impossible to catch i think this at this time was already fixed. Such a good game ruined by this. :(

29. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I think the guide is correct. It’s definitely on a tunnel wall, but the map screenshot that accompanies the guide may be showing the wrong tunnel. The screenshot I posted above shows the tunnel from the guide, but I can’t find the sign there.

30. TinTin_57

One trophy I did get today was the one for 100 miles in the SW1000R switcher on NEC. Boy that one was hard work and took a few goes on the New York Nuisance scenario ha ha

31. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Nice

32. Cú Fudio

Cú Fudio New Member

This game is an Epic FAIL! I pay 30 euros for DLCs with broken trophys, it runs only below 25 frames per second and constantly freezes?! Bad Support response?!

33. Cú Fudio

Cú Fudio New Member

Olá ;) Tens razão! A Dovetail Games não se preocupa com nada disso! O que interessa para eles é que os teus 30€ da nova rota já estão nos cofres :) . Se pensares bem, se eles pararem de fazer rotas novas, não há como pagar aos seus funcionários! Nós que comprámos os produtos com o preço fora do normal, estamos a pagar o salário :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  34. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Don't know what's going on with the trophies after the update but nothing seems to work. 4 times doing collectables on wsr 1 my profile 2 new profiles and 1 deleted save starting fresh and still wont ping. got 3 services left but gonna leave them until it's sorted.

Same with level 10 loco M7 and route level 10 wont ping on LIRR.

35. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Seen there was an update today, got excited thinking we could get the last two Peninsula collectables, sadly not :(

• Like Like x 1
  36. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'm just enjoying driving the trans-pennine routes at the moment, got maybe 4 or 5 trophies so far.

Not in a rush to get them. Seems like the kind of game to just sit back, relax and wait for the trophies to pop up.

37. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi
    there is a fix comming next year for that.

38. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

tried free cam already? maybe that will work somehow?

39. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Yeah tried free cam, I've explored most of the local area that's out of bounds to see if I can get under the map and underneath it somehow, no luck so far.

40. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I got the WSR collectibles trophy only last week. I had only 3 to get before the 2020 update. So for me 2020 didn't effect that so there must be something else going on.

• Like Like x 1
  41. edwardsheatingltd

edwardsheatingltd New Member

Hi
    still struggling with the car collector trophy i have tried lots of different ways of obtaining it but nothing pops up! is there a garantee way of getting the trophy i.e the correct way starting from scratch. i take it you start a service with the gps8 then couple to wagon and then uncouple from it 380 times to get it?

42. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I think that your observation here is a really big clue on what is going on with the general ongoing trophy problem, over the last year. I think there are several underlying elements at play, that randomly impact the award of trophies, to individuals.

The issue isn't to do with player profiles being corrupted, or getting old, etc. (as discussed in this thread). So - doing all the requirements again, under a new player profile, is not a solid answer. This can work, of course, but it is like throwing darts at a dartboard - eventually you will get lucky with a new profile and hit the bull's eye, but only if other seemingly random events are in your favour.

If you think that this is right, can you please confirm, and let your customers know?

Some people are literally repeating 100+ hours "gameplay grind" under new profiles, to achieve a trophy. They are unaware that the conditions for getting trophies under the new profiles are the same as when they originally tried it (unless this is also after a specific patch has been issued DTG), because there is nothing wrong with their original profiles (or, at least, that this is extremely unlikely)

The general trophy problem is still happening, for example, with the MSB and LIRR tropies for completing all scenarios ("All In Order" and "Accessed All Areas"). The outcome for certain trophies (where all requirements have been met) can sometimes depend on something else. Do you agree?

43. synthetic.angel

Hi Steve

I see that, over the last year, that DTG has issued specific patches to "fix" specific issues with certain specific trophies. That's great...! I am assuming that this involved some minor editing of the scripts on the various routes.

But... the general trophy problem is still happening, for example, with the MSB and LIRR tropies for completing all scenarios ("All In Order" and "Accessed All Areas").

Is there any news on this, for a global fix, to permanently fix these trophy issues, for everyone?

I have a global workaround sitting on my desk (for players that are inclined to use it), but I'd rather not issue it, because it might be a little bit unpopular with you guys at DTG, for various reasons.

Any chance of an update on your plans, by the end of the week?

44. TinTin_57

I'm intrigued at what your fix is and await the solution. We even have a trophy community on PSN where we have discussed issues over the last year. I did now get the platinum as can be seen earlier in the thread but some trophies would only complete for me under a new profile (for DLC I did all MSB scenarios twice before I got there and a lot more trophies such as this also required similar treatment across many DLC's).

The GP38 Car collector........I can't begin to tell you how many times and ways I tried that and probably 100's hours wasted because I couldn't get DTG to tell me it was broken. If I could I would have held on.

After the 2020 update and it randomly popped followed closely by the Platinum I was of course very pleased.

45. synthetic.angel

I want to give DTG a chance to get in there first, and fully explain the problem, and what they will do about it, and when. It is a fairly complex problem (a "multi-variate one"), which didn't need to happen..... anyway... what I have is:

1. A workaround for anyone that has failed to get some/all of the various unobtainable trophies, despite meeting the requirements - I believe that this will work in 99% of cases, and where it doesn't it will point to a much deeper problem with the scripting for very specific trophies
    2. A workaround/process for anyone that is near to completing the requirements, but doesn't want the trophy to fail, to be used until DTG completes a set of fixes (if they choose to do them) - a preventative workaround
    3. A set of proposed fixes and process improvements for DTG (this will be quite a bit of work for them, but once in place, it will save them and everyone else a heck of a lot of time, and this trophy issue will be gone forever)

I literally hoped that my workaround wouldn't work - it's that serious. But I tested it anyway, and it did work. Perfectly. I was totally disgusted when I saw this. But that's life.

46. idiosis

idiosis Member

WSR: West Country Wonderer didn't ping for me, should I start a new profile and do those services again or try again on my existing profile now the 'medal' rank system is in place?

47. synthetic.angel

This is your choice. But, I would say this:

If you are going to create a new player profile and repeat an attempt to complete the requirements... why are you doing this....? Do you have hard evidence, about your player profile, that indicates that there is something wrong with it?

Creating a new player profile does achieve one thing (I think) - it provides you with a new "counter" (for counting trophies), and an empty flag (for "event" trophies). You would be basically starting again. But, importantly, the thing that stopped your trophy from being awarded the first time might still be there when you try the second, third, fourth and fifth time. Maybe you will be lucky with your sixth profile, or maybe not.

I would like DTG to confirm whether or not the above is true.

I also want DTG to explain the problem properly. It's best coming from them. But - if DTG cannot explain it, or won't explain it, then I will release my workaround as soon as they say that they genuinely can't (or won't) solve it. But - they must surely know what my workaround is likely to be. They have 30 (THIRTY) people that worked on QA for TSW, and vastly more resources than I have at my disposal, including reams of user data, a year of Support tickets, and literally hundreds/thousands of Forum posts on this issue. But that said, the workaround solution I have come up with (which is mostly harmless) is so shockingly counter-intuitive, or counter-desirable, maybe it just can't be easily... um.... inferred....

48. synthetic.angel

Sorry, my first reply wasn't particularly helpful. This would be my (earnest) advice to you personally:

- I don't think the medal system changes anything here (although, it is sort of related I don't think it will impact on trophies...)
    - if you have already completed the 28 services on your player profile, and not been awarded the trophy, it won't make any difference if you do them again with the same profile, as the counter has already reached "28", so part of the system thinks you already have the trophy, and it won't try to issue it again
    - if I were you, I would wait for (or ask) DTG to issue a specific WSR West Country Wonderer patch that reviewed your "counter" and re-issued the command to award you a trophy (I suspect that this was part of the "fix" for the Car Collector trophy)
    - but... if you do set up a new profile, or (for other readers) if you already have done this and you have completed nearly all of the 28 services (but not all of them), then you should wait to see my workaround (which I think will work well for this trophy), before you attempt the last service

In your situation, I would demand the "review" fix (third bullet point above). You shouldn't be expected to re-do 28 services. If you do want to re-do the 28 services, using a new profile's clean slate, then just don't do the last requirement quite yet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  49. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

synthetic.angel feel free to drop me a DM with your insights. The suggestion that there's an unwillingness to resolve the issue is unhelpful at best. If you have unique insights then i'm always open to hear them.

And no, medals have zero relationship with achievements.

• Like Like x 3
  50. synthetic.angel

Medals/achievements - yes, this is what I had inferred from my data - there is no direct connection, and medals don't impact on award of trophies - I think this is what I said.... thanks for confirming...! The medalled modules are counted, however, and this impacts on the UI, but it looks entirely cosmetic to me (even if that aspect has several cosmetic problems). There is a loose connection (in my opinion), from the perspective of user experience, in tracking what is going on with game progress - and you can see this is the case, from a user experience point of view, simply because idiosis raised it.

Unwillingness to resolve - please don't take that personally. Indeed, my interaction with you has been excellent and you have been very helpful to me, and looking at your posts more generally, you always seem to be open, informative, and engaging. But this is not the case with your primary customer-facing operatives in "Support", which (it seems to me) take a "shut down", "deflect" and "deny" approach. So, my perception of some people in DTG is maybe clouded by my poor experience. I have still not received an apology. I understand why they take the approach that they do, but they really do take it way too far. They are a huge let down, and are entirely unreflective of the excellent work carried out by the rest of the DTG team (and 3rd parties). You lose customers because of your Support Team - because their primary goal appears to be to tell customers to go away - so some of your customers do just what they are (implicitly) told to do, and go away (and never come back).....

Unwillingness to resolve - Specifically with respect to the trophy issue, if I were working for DTG, then I wouldn't want my workaround released as a general (temporary) solution - it has potential (temporary) impacts on your business. It's not "nuclear", but I am fairly sure your Finance people won't like it.... It's the sort of thing that you wouldn't (naturally, and perhaps reasonably) want to recommend to your customers. But it will benefit your customers (the trophy hunters). I am not sure that I want to tell people the workaround (even though it works).... for various personal reasons. But I have committed to it now. This workaround wouldn't be needed if you put in a managed set of fixes. When it comes to the fixes... I suspect that my proposals, again, will be unpopular with DTG (even though they are relatively easy to implement.... they will require a bit of self-contemplation and then a different/refined approach, and change is always very difficult).

DM - I am not sure what I would say in a DM, or where to start.... If you are seriously indicating to me that you don't know why some people are having trouble with trophies, it would probably be best that I called you. In which case, drop me your telephone number and availability, and I will get in touch. Please note that I had tried to deal with all issues that I raise in these Forums, privately, through your Support Team, but that didn't work out - in fact - they told me to look at the Forums and get feedback there, and so that is exactly what I have done.